MKV2VOB can patch DTS stream in M2TS. Why can't TSmuxer do the same thing?

Hmm, not sure about that, load up tsMuxer and see if there's anything useful in that app...

Hasn't your AVCHD, well, your .m2ts files got the subtitles included ? I know most of the ones i've used have...if they have then they should be selectable when you playback the AVCHD folder..

Hmm, not sure about that, load up tsMuxer and see if there's anything useful in that app...

Hasn't your AVCHD, well, your .m2ts files got the subtitles included ? I know most of the ones i've used have...if they have then they should be selectable when you playback the AVCHD folder..

No, the original disc didn't have subs, so I'd like to use an external subtitle .srt file. I know you can include it using mkvmerge when you merge your audio and video streams, but then I'm not sure how you go from the .mkv (with DTS-HD MA) to a playable format on the PS3 without losing anything.

what do you have at the moment ? MKV or .m2ts file?

.m2ts ripped from the bluray.
I could use tsmuxer to add the .SRT file, but then I guess I'd have to burn to a BD50 to play it back.

Or I can rip the .m2ts to .mkv and the audio to flac using eac3to. Would the PS3 process flac and send LPCM to my receiver?

Any ideas?

Now that I'm using the AVCHD solution more often, I have a question...
I usually select the m2ts file that I need from the bluray structure, and use multiavchd to create my avchd structure.
Are bluray menus compatible with avchd? Is it possible to get the exact same result as a bluray disk with the avchd structure?

Now there's a question........that i don't know the answer to!

I honestly have no clue, you know that you can make pretty good menus with multiAVCHD don't you ?

Yes, the menus that multiavchd can create are pretty impressive!!
I was just wondering, the BDMV structure is so close to the AVCHD one...I wonder if their respective menus are compatible. If it was, you could actually play a BR movie with menu on a AVCHD support and you wouldn't even notice the difference...
I'll try to give it a go this week. Get the full blu-ray structure, make it compatible with AVCHD (3 letters filename), copy on HD and try on the PS3...

I reckon it'll work to be honest....i can't see/haven't read why it wouldn't....

Hum...It's not as simple as I thought it would be. I forgot about the 4GB limitation...Because you need to break down the m2ts files, you loose the original structure...
I checked everywhere and no software exists to convert a full bluray structure (with menus) to a FAT32 AVCHD structure. But to be honest I'll be surprised if the interactivity of a bluray menu works in a avchd structure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom