Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mkv files on my LG tv. unsupported audio format

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Media Players' started by bulletmagnet, Feb 11, 2010.

1. rodgthedodge

rodgthedodge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For a film arond 8.68gig,Takes about 13 mins depending on your pc, this one was done on my laptop:clap:.
    Open program, Add the 3d film file, then add the mp4 sound file, then deselect the A_DTS (un tick the box) then START MUXING.
  2. Kiwi23

Kiwi23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I'm having the same problem with my LG tv i tried this method but halfway through the movie stops and starts from the beginning. can someone please help me with this problem?
  3. omen63

omen63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem with my lg tv. I have a problem using mp4 files. Some work and others have the error "unsupported audio". I tried converting audio using vlc but it seems like I'm doing something wrong?! My tv is an LG LX9500 series. Please help
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  4. rodgthedodge

rodgthedodge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have being using MEDIACONVERTER 7 to convert 2d to 3d SBS the results are OK. A 30 minute program on my PC (Windows Rating 4.2) took about 2 hours,,,on my son's PC (Windows rating 7.9!) about 15mins. Anyone else tried it,,comments please.
  5. murdhie

murdhie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Just bought an LG LCD TV and tried to play an HD movie from USB. The audio is DTS and is unsupported. I have ripped the audio and converted it but I don't know how to merge the converted audio back into the movie.

I used MKVextract, Tranzcode and BeSweet. The audio file is now AC3.

Is this a good way to do this process and if not, is there a newbie friendly tutorial somewhere describing the best way to do this?
    I want to convert audio without changing the quality of the video.
  6. rodgthedodge

rodgthedodge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried using MKVTOOLKIT , i have just got an LG 42 3d smart tv, it also gives me the same error, NOW, if I play the same file via the blue ray player it is fine.

Open the file in MKVMERGE and de-selected the sound file and then add an MP4/AC3 sound file(the file you converted/had with the 3d film), Also another good program for converting AVI files to 3D is MEDIA CONVERTER 7, select the file you want to convert,select MP4 as the output file, click on SETTINGS (bottom right) and select 1980x1080 and STRETCH, choose a location to save to, click START, when finished you should have a HALF SBS 3D. Not a true 3D file but has more depth and perception.
  7. murdhie

murdhie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for your reply. I tried using merge and it failed. I did a google search on the error and it's possible that my laptop is the problem. I'll try again on my PC when I get a chance. You mentioned 3D but my TV is 2D so 3D is not an issue for me.

Thanks again for your reply. I'll post the results of running your method on my PC.
  8. meme68

meme68 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I use eac3to http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip and its gui ('yr_eac3to_more_gui' http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnomzlmkgz0 ) to extract and convert the audio to ac3 448 kbps...then remux both using tsmuxer http://www.videohelp.com/download/tsMuxeR_1.10.6.zip (add original mkv file, uncheck the dts audio and then add your newly created ac3).Leave as .ts extension also.My Lg plays the resulting mux(3d and 2d perfectly) and in sync.
    Be aware that some mkvs have high level 5.1 and dont play (on my LG), on those i downgrade using tsmuxer to level 4.1(tick option).
    Let me know if it works for ya :)
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. murdhie

murdhie Member

Ratings:
    +8
    To Rodgthedodge and meme68

Tried the process on my PC and it still didn't work. I think my copy of MKVToolkit might be dodgy. I downloaded a copy of tsMuxer as proposed by meme68 and used the AC3 file I already ripped and that did the trick. My AC3 file is 5.1. I don't know what settings I had as I muxed the files, I just went for it. I've included an image showing video and audio details after I had finished the process.

Thanks for your help Guys, much appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. mrmugenwii

mrmugenwii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    isnt there a hack that can enable dts?
  11. rodgthedodge

rodgthedodge Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. liavl

liavl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did exactly as you said and it didn't work.
    It started the conversion (at least it was written "streaming" in the lower line and the time of the conversion forwarded) but after about 45 minutes of the movie (about 3 minute in real life), the program stuck and I got the attached error message.
    Do you know what can cause that?

Thanks

Attached Files:

13. xaroula16

xaroula16 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  14. mrmugenwii

mrmugenwii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, guys, just buy a streaming player and if your tv is not smart....it will turn smart. This streaming players decode the dts audio and turn it into PCM format which then can be transmitted to your tv. You should get 5.1 surround sound or something close if not dts. Or hook up the streaming player audio side straight to your receiver for full dts.(this kinda sucks if you have your optical cable at your tv since you have to be plugging and unplugging) they only cost around 70 bucks. But i would prefer a hack....
  15. jackpo

jackpo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i tried to convert a 6.52gb mkv file using vlc and got it converted within 10 min like u said, but when played it on my tv there was only abt half the video (there ws no reduction in quality though), and the file size ws 2.00gb. i tried to play it on my computer bt it dsnt play and the cpu goes 100%. pls help me out on this one-on how to get the whole thing convrtd
  16. kmplsv

kmplsv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Should the output file be about half the size of the original? I'm following these directions but the outcome is a 6GB file after starting with a 16.2GB file.
  17. Johev

Johev Member

Ratings:
    +5
    No, it should not. I normally loose about 1gb or less, depending on how many audio tracks the file has. I have also found a better software other than VLC that does this perfectly. As soon as I get home to my laptop I will check it and post it here.

Good luck
  18. audio67

audio67 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ;) used for audio conversion the opensource tool MP42MKVac3