1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale MK LCR 950’s and 2 pairs M4T’s hardly used

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by BMW, Aug 3, 2013.

1. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    As per title i have for sale MK LCR 950's and 2 pairs of MK M4T's
    i bought these about a 18months -2yrs ago and they have unfortunately had very little use ☹ due to the arrival of my first child, i would hazard a guess at less than 30 hours use. They have been in a dedicated room and once setup were left and forgotten about. They have never ever been pushed and i would say haven't even been broken in yet
    i have all the original boxes and also the gloves used to handle them.

The 950's – 2 of them have slight scratches on the bottom right – it look like the grill (magnet) has scratched them, this is not noticeable when the grills are on and i feel the price fairly reflects this.
    The M4T's – currently still in situ having used the wall mounts that came with them. I cannot see any marks on them but at present cannot comment on the back of the speakers where the brackets are. The brackets will be included as they were part of the original package

As i am selling/dismantling my cinema room ☹ i have only basic equipment left so can demo them for anyone interested but this would be a sound only demo as my JVC PJ has gone already and i have also sold my sub.

If anyone interested is fairly local to me i am also happy to bring the speakers to you for a demo in your room (for a little petrol money and a brew)

I would prefer to sell these as a full package as they compliment each other very well but will list prices for each.

LCR 950's – £1100 no pic of 950 at the moment – they're behind the screen. I ‘ll post one up ASAP

M4T's -- £800 for four or £425 a pair.

[​IMG]

Based in stockport area and as said any viewing/demo welcome

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. JGM

JGM Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +64
    Were the speakers new when you bought them or second-hand and where did you buy them from?

John
  3. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John, Yep had speakers from new, bought them from one of the forum sponsors, idealAV - think the guys called Al or Alan??
  4. JGM

JGM Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +64
    I'll get the ball rolling with an offer of £900 for the 3 950s collected. Payment by BT or cash on collection.

John
  5. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John,
    £900 is a bit lower than I want. I am willing to move on the price for a cash offer but would want bit closer to asking price.

Andy.
  6. JGM

JGM Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +64
    I suspected as much this early on but I'll let my offer remain on the table and I'll remain a mere 10 miles from you.

John
  7. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok mate, you're not far from me then.why don't you come round for a demo or I can pop round with them for a demo in your room (as you're so close I'll do that for a brew). You're not far from a price I would accept?!

A.
  8. JGM

JGM Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +64
    Andy

I'm aware of what the 950s sound like as my front three are 950s. I want yours (or at least two of them) to use as front wides to replace the XTZ speakers that I've been using for the last two years. These were always intended as temporary but I've just not been able to justify the expense of buying new. I'm loathe to spend too much on your three as your asking price is close to the new price for two 950s and I'll end up with either a spare 950 or be faced with having to sell a single 950 which may prove difficult.

John
  9. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi John,
    I appreciate what you're saying and can see why you want a full 950 front set up. I've seen/ heard this and it is stunning, its actually what I wanted to do but circumstances have changed.
    As I have said you are pretty close to what I will accept and to help a little, as you are so close I will personally drop them off if we agree a price (hell, I want to see your set up:) )
    I'm asking slightly less for 3 speakers than 2 new and I'm pretty confident that you could recoup some money from 1 speaker and make the other 2 a real BARGIN for yourself, but that's up to you.
    I know mine aren't new but I seriously have had no use out of them. 30 hours I put on my original post is very exaggerated - I really don't think they have been broken in and having the little lass means they have never been anywhere near loud! In my room I really don't know how good these speakers could be as I can't use them to their potential.
    Hope that all makes sense
    Andy
  10. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    DISCOUNT TIME:

£1050 for the lcr950's
    £725 - all M4t's
    £375 per pair
  11. Xeones

Xeones Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Ratings:
    +16
    May well be interested in these.

Would need to have them delivered though as live in London.

Would the whole set be ideal for a 12x14 ft dedicated cinema room... looking to really fill the soundstage with a 7, 9, or 11.1 setup.
  12. JGM

JGM Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +64
    Andy

I'm going to go with two new 950s so I'm withdrawing my offer.

Good luck with your sale.

John
  13. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    How about £250 for a pair of the M4T s delivered as they were only £500 new a pair.
  14. Darkstar_surfer

Darkstar_surfer Active Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Ratings:
    +146
    Where can you get them for £500 a pair? :confused:
  15. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Hi Darkstar

I remember when my brother bought 2 pairs back in 2011 Brand new. I would ask him where he bought them from but he s currently away on holiday. I think it was Grahams Hifi I remember him paying £500 a pair new as I went up and installed his setup for him. I do believe if my facts are right that they now are a dis-continued product. Why do you ask?:confused:

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  16. JGM

JGM Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +64
    Google is your friend.

Graham's still have them for £595.

John
  17. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Thank you John :smashin:
  18. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Hi Please mods could you delete my previous threads on this advert as I got my facts completely wrong about these speakers. Very sorry. id like to offer £300 for a pair of MT4s delivered please.:thumbsup:
  19. Darkstar_surfer

Darkstar_surfer Active Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Ratings:
    +146
    I have been thinking of getting a pair but the best price I had seen was £595 which is why your statement got my interest. I would prefer white but if the price was right I might be tempted by black. 950's might also be on my shopping list but MP150s is what my heart is set on.
  20. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the offer, but I feel my asking price is pretty fair. I am willing to move a little on price but not £75, sorry.
  21. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Hi thanks for reply how about £325 delivered:thumbup:
  22. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mate can't go to £325. I am willing to move on the asking price a bit but I feel this is an already fair price
  23. Ideal AV

Ideal AV Active Member Assured Advertiser

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +1,742
    Just for the record and if it helps

The M4t tripoles are No way a discontinued model, they are part of the new MK Sound M series so should be current for at least another 5-7 years maybe

MK aren't like other brands who launch new models every time the wind changes direction ;)
  24. BMW

BMW Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ideal.
  25. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Ok cheers anyway. :thumbup:
  26. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Would you take £350 for the surrounds delivered.
  27. Ideal AV

Ideal AV Active Member Assured Advertiser

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Ratings:
    +1,742
    No problem mate just trying to help, don't give these speakers away, they are a class set and you be mad to :smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. leelee999

leelee999 Member

0   0   0

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
  29. Xeones

Xeones Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Ratings:
    +16
    BMW

Can I just ask if the speakers are in gloss black or are they Matt black? From the pic it looks like they're gloss. Also do all the speakers come with a wall bracket?

Would delivery be an issue if I pay? We have just had a baby girl (Avani born fri 16/08/13 @ 06:10, 5lbs and 5 1/2 weeks premature but doing well :thumbsup: sorry can't resist shouting it!) so getting to you is a no go! :smashin:
  30. GTR BaDBoY

GTR BaDBoY Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Ratings:
    +25
    Hi, Was that meant for me?