Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsibishi DLP and black spots...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by toolman35, Jan 30, 2007.

1. toolman35

toolman35 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this 62 in. Mitsibishi Dlp for almost 2 yrs. now and Noticed a black spot a few months ago. Now I am starting to see mnore of these spots pop up all over the screen. The spots are not really noticable when watching TV only when a lighted scene comes on the if you look for them you can see them well. The first one that appeared is the largest, probably about a inch in dia.
    Does anyone know what this could be? I have someone comming out to look at this next week just thought I might get some input on this before hand.
    Thanks
  2. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker Active Member

Ratings:
    +279
    dirt on the bulb?
  3. toolman35

toolman35 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    long time huh,.. YES! Dirt on the mirrors. I have cleaned it myself since this post. Nice TV, but next time I will do more homework
  4. larlev

larlev Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem....how did you clean the mirrors?

Sorry to reply to this ancient post.
  5. JJTye

JJTye Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I dunno, im just guessing that it might be hinge failure, from all that flexing back and forth.

Jason.
  6. DarealJoker

DarealJoker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problem: Dirty mirror as stated earlier. There are 10 screws to remove on the back of DLP TV (Mitsubishi 62") across the top and down the left and right sides. Then remove the from bottom plastic gray cover. (no screws it just snaps in place, the long slinder gray piece across the bottom.) Once the cover is removed in the bottom middle you will need to remove 4 more screws and take out the bottom middle plastic piece (its the piece that has the warning sign about not looking into the light). This is where you disconnect the from control panel before removing the entire from piece. The last you loosen will be the bottom left & right screw holding the front screen in place. Take is off then you will need to clean the bottom mirror just over the lens. Doing this cleared all spots and restored the color and brightness. Picture looks brand new. I just wish I knew about this sooner.
  7. pops107

pops107 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I have a samsung 50" dlp with a white pach in the lower center of the picture what did you clean the mirror's with?
  8. DarealJoker

DarealJoker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure any cleaning solvent and rag would work but, I used what I normally clean the front screen with (a Monstor [MicroFiber] cleanning brand cloth I picked up from Fry's Electronics and the Monster ScreenClean solution.
  9. ilrep49

ilrep49 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm assuming this is to remove the large cover on the upper/rear half of the TV? Not the lower section where the a/v connections are? I just found this posting after I called Tweeter and found out it was $395 for them to come out and diagnose my "problem". This was a real help!!! I just don't want to remove the wrong section!!! Thank you!