1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission E54's ordered

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by mark.cup, Dec 4, 2008.

1. mark.cup

mark.cup Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Ordered the above speakers yestserday for £449 all in:thumbsup: Ive only ever had mission speakers & love there sound at the moment I have some mission V60's.
    I recently listened to some Quad 11L2's & some kef iq3's i much iprefered my current speakers I know everyone is different!
    Anyway bought the E54's blind as they look stunning in piano gloss black love the styling & considering they used to be £999 thought why not? the company I used also managed o get a mathing E5c centre for £149.
    Ive also ordered a Arcam AVR280 really looking forward to getting it all up & running:clap:
  2. RPT

RPT Member

Ratings:
    +12
    i bought sum speakers on tues an they look really nice, sound good too...
  3. BlueWizard

BlueWizard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,679
    Mark, when you get it all up and running, be sure to post back here and give us your opinion. I think we are all very curious to get some real world evaluations of these speakers.

Steve/bluewizard
  4. mark.cup

mark.cup Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Bluewizard I will post up what I think of the speakers it may be a little while. amp arrived today & im waiting for some custom made glass shelves ive been promised tueday! All I can say is these speakers look a total bargain & from the pictures they look like a £1000 set of speakers in fact there are many speakers around that price point which are just plain boxes..
    I know its about the sound but most people want things that look nice aswell:thumbsup: I hope Mission come up trumps in the sound department
  5. mark.cup

mark.cup Member

Ratings:
    +28
    RPT what speakers did you buy? was it the E54's if so can you give us your opinion so far & compare them to what they replaced many thanks Mark
  6. RPT

RPT Member

Ratings:
    +12
    i bought some tannoy f4s.
  7. mark.cup

mark.cup Member

Ratings:
    +28
    They arrived today very impressed they look way more expensive than they were they sounded great straight out of the box there going to be running non stop for the next few days sure they can only get better! lovely punchy bass no bloat thanks to them being sealed units very easy to place in a room not fussy at all.
    No harshness to the trebble recently listened to some quad speakers on the end of some quad hifi 11L2's but the salesman also linked up the largest floor stander in the range 22L2's I think the missions sound way better imo loving them along with the new Arcam AVR280 not got it all connected up re movies yet but think im in for a real treat vocals sound so real lovely midrange relistening to some ancient music :oops:
  8. mhorton

mhorton Member

Ratings:
    +144
    I'm looking in getting some of these, as an upgrade. How is the bass on them? From what I've been reading tonight they lack a lot in low bass
  9. pthomas

pthomas Member

Ratings:
    +5
    ok, your a couple of months in now. What do you think of the speakers?

I am seriously considering the E5 AV system which includes these speakers for the front.
  10. mark.cup

mark.cup Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I think there great dont get me wrong if its a poor recording then they dont try & hide this!

but with a good track these are very detailed nice bass not the deepest in the world but very punchy & no bloated bass due to sealed design im using them with a sub fed with a high level cable & bet I would have to spend loads more to get anywhere near the sound this combo gives:thumbsup:

Still look at these every day & think how on earth did I get speakers that look & sound like these for the money I paid:eek:

there even better on movies & think they take some beating at current prices the finish is amazing very modern

what amp are you going to be using as they are not laid back so would not be great with something bright like a Pioneer