1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mission 78c centre speaker

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by nobby, Jan 26, 2003.

1. nobby

nobby Member

Ratings:
    +18
    hi guys

i was wondering if you could let me know if £120 for a 2 year old mission 78c centre speaker was good value?

i currently own a set of 782 for my fronts and I use a paradigm cc350 as the current centre

Would the 78c make a big difference to my setup?
    or is the cc350 just as competent?

my amp is a yamaha ax1 by the way?

your thoughts would be much appreciated

thanx

andrew
  2. Doc

Doc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Umm.. first of all, a definite bargain! 78c has an original RRP of £349, now £270 ish... so if it's in good nic, it's a steal.

Secondly, general opinion is that same make across the front soundstage is best. I've no objective evidence of that being the case, but it makes sense I suppose.

Thirdly, I have 782s and a 78C, and there's marvellous together! :)
  3. Jasonjo

Jasonjo Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I second the 78c, I use the 782 with a 78c and 78ds rears

The full mission speaker setup is great for both movies AND CD/DVD-A mulitchannel sound....

JJ
  4. nobby

nobby Member

Ratings:
    +18
    hi

thanks to the both of you for your advice, its greatly appreicated. i am yet undecided meself about this one make soundstage giving the best results, cause at the moment my paradigm works well with the missions.

i know the price of the 78c, and i thought it was a reasonable offer hence the query to you lot out, out there. i just was not so sure about the value of a 2-3 yr old one, obviously its doesnt apply too much

i shall proceed with the seller asap

thanks again

:) :) :)
  5. Doc

Doc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ..cool. If you do buy it, give it a whirl, and post back here with your thoughts - just so we know! :)