Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing MUX 2 channels

Discussion in 'Freeview Forum' started by jonnyk14, Sep 27, 2006.

1. jonnyk14

jonnyk14 Member

Ratings:
    +1

Hi everyone. I'm using an old Daewoo freeview tuner plugged into a wall socket that links to a brand new rooftop aerial.
    There are 3 other tuners in the house set up in the same way, and they all receive all channels. Mine doesn't receive any channels on MUX 2. All other channels work with a 100% data quality.
    I've tried my tuner plugged into other wall sockets, I've tried using different cables, I've tried replacing the RF wall outlet box and I've tried other people's tuners at my connection. I've also tried leaving my tuner turned off for about 20 minutes and then doing a rescan. Is there anything I've missed? Or do I need to have a CAI person come around and inspect the connections from the aerial?
  2. LV426

LV426 Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,162
    You say you've tried various things. Is it the case that

a) your Daewoo box fails on Mux 2 wherever it is whereas others succeed
    and
    b) Other boxes succeed in the place where you normally keep your Daewoo

If so, it seems to narrow it to the box itself.
  3. jonnyk14

jonnyk14 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No no, sorry I wasn't clear. My box will pick up every channel when plugged into any of the other wall sockets, and the other boxes fail to pick up MUX 2 channels when plugged into the socket in my room. So that effectively rules out the Daewoo box being at fault...
  4. LV426

LV426 Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,162
    Is it a shared aerial - via a splitter or amp - or is it a separate one?

Is there any other equipment in the aerial signal path (such as a VCR) or located nearby but not in the signal path ?
  5. jonnyk14

jonnyk14 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    There is only 1 aerial to the property and there are 4 cables connected to a wall socket. Because the signal is so perfect in all other rooms I imagine the aerial isn't merely 'split' amongst the 4 wall sockets. My Daewoo freeview box does have it's own integrated VCR. Next to it is a stereo amplifier and an ordinary Beko television set.
  6. LV426

LV426 Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,162
    OK Here is something to try - based on assumption about the Daewoo, not knowledge (so please bear in mind).

The Daewoo probably has an RF modulator, at least for the VCR bit of it - whereby it can send the VCR signal (and maybe the Freeview sign al too) to the TV using the aerial (RF) cable. It may be that this output is set to an RF channel that co-incides with your own reception of Mux2. So, change it to another RF channel and see if it has any effect. Note that doing so might (if you're unlucky) mess up another Mux, so you might need a bit of trial and error.
  7. SamRadford

SamRadford Active Member

Ratings:
    +366
  8. jonnyk14

jonnyk14 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I will have a look at Satcure and see what it suggets. I could change the RF output channel to the tv, but if that is the problem how is it that the box works in other rooms of the house, and has worked perfectly in other areas before?