Minecraft - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got on and it's a great server - thanks for the help Beeswax!

Game runs so much smoother on this server, my single player lag spikes a lot since 1.6.

Claimed an island so let building commence. Wanted to ask the owner if he would be happy for me to work on a mob trap away from the main area so lag wont be a problem? Also would you be happy if I did a couple of videos for my multiplayer Let's Play on here?

does anyone know if it's possible to make a rail system with multiple stops where the cart stops at each one?

I'm trying to make a long rail system with stops at several points, and I want it to stop at each one, and to get it to move onto the next one, I have to switch a lever.

is this possible?

does anyone know if it's possible to make a rail system with multiple stops where the cart stops at each one?

I'm trying to make a long rail system with stops at several points, and I want it to stop at each one, and to get it to move onto the next one, I have to switch a lever.

is this possible?

Yes this is possible. For each stop you want use a powered piece of rail but leave it powered off. When a cart hits a powered rail with no power it will stop. Then to place a button on a block near this powered rail. When you press the button the powered rail gets powered up and will push you along. Have you not been down into the station that links about 6 of our houses at the hub?

Stupid Creeper!!! :mad:

mr5wf4.jpg

Biffa001 said:
Finally got on and it's a great server - thanks for the help Beeswax!

Game runs so much smoother on this server, my single player lag spikes a lot since 1.6.

Claimed an island so let building commence. Wanted to ask the owner if he would be happy for me to work on a mob trap away from the main area so lag wont be a problem? Also would you be happy if I did a couple of videos for my multiplayer Let's Play on here?

i see no problems there, go for it.

Thanks cookie, will try and sort out some sort of tour video as there is some great stuff on the server :)

Yes this is possible. For each stop you want use a powered piece of rail but leave it powered off. When a cart hits a powered rail with no power it will stop. Then to place a button on a block near this powered rail. When you press the button the powered rail gets powered up and will push you along. Have you not been down into the station that links about 6 of our houses at the hub?

You need to use 2 powered rails and make them both go down a block into a V. Then when you come in from either direction you are facing down into the small block wide V. THEN when you press the button it will make you go the way you are facing again. This will work from both ways.

like this (side view):

---v---

- = normal rail
v = powered rail x 2, one each side of the v

I would post a clip from my video where I've done it but in a rush!

EDIT - it's in this video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlrfG0kv4Ag

Last edited:
How do I apply a texture pack I DL. On the website its on about deleting files etc, cant I just extract to the folder for texture packs?

How do I apply a texture pack I DL. On the website its on about deleting files etc, cant I just extract to the folder for texture packs?

You need to place the zipped file into the texturepacks folder, simple as that, if you are trying to use an HD texture pack you also need to run the MCpatcher beforehand.

Read this:-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701-529-item-fixes166-compatible-mcpatcher-hd-fix-210-01/

This is a shot from my current game with texture pack installed

2011-06-02_184757.png

Last edited:
That looks awesome Naak, which pack is that and is that all on our server?

That looks awesome Naak, which pack is that and is that all on our server?

Yeh thats all our server, that is a nice texture pack indeed

If you press F1 it hides the hud for screen shots :smashin:

I'll post some of mine with the Photorealism texture pack. It's AMAZING :D

And someone sort out a teleport to the wood house place from the hub please i'll give you Lapis

Edit:

The photorealism texture packs is awfully grainy in distance hurts my eyes - back to vanilla once more...

Last edited:
Ive been playin singeplayer for a while but multiplayer seems good. Thing is I don't understand what the aim is on the av server is it to survive or just build? Thanks I'm a noob on minecraft

Can we just clear up a niggle of mine.

It is uncool to break into peoples buildings by breaking blocks. Only noticed because all my stuff is cooked stone and whoever did it patched up with cobblestone :rolleyes:

Doors are privated for a reason - haven't spent hours and hours setting up my mine for it to be pillaged of valuables by other players!!

Last edited:
Ive been playin singeplayer for a while but multiplayer seems good. Thing is I don't understand what the aim is on the av server is it to survive or just build? Thanks I'm a noob on minecraft

Both :)

It is uncool to break into peoples buildings by breaking blocks. Only noticed because all my stuff is cooked stone and whoever did it patched up with cobblestone :rolleyes:

Doors are privated for a reason - haven't spent hours and hours setting up my mine for it to be pillaged of valuables by other players!!

I'm surprised that has happened and agree with what you're saying.

:laugh::facepalm:

Very surprised anyone did that, maybe get cookie to check the logs (if such things exist). I wouldnt be best pleased if someone wrecked my glass/brick abomination of a house

Chox1988 said:
:laugh::facepalm:

Very surprised anyone did that, maybe get cookie to check the logs (if such things exist). I wouldnt be best pleased if someone wrecked my glass/brick abomination of a house

sadly, no logs ><

What building is it (location) and when did it happen?

Can't you make chests private?

Yeh, type on a sign thats placed next to the chest-

[Private]

and it will be only openable by you, same goes for doors, if you put anyones name in square brackets they will also be able to open it, if you type [Everyone], everyone can open it, look above my glass houses front door if you wanna see it on a sign :smashin:

I think we should get some set up again.

No harm in it imo, unless it would slow the server down and increase lag or bring back any of the problems we used to have, but otherwise im all for it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom