1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up the activation process and now my iPhone4 isnt activating?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevenlatham01, Jun 26, 2010.

1. stevenlatham01

stevenlatham01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Need some help with activating my iPhone 4.

I did not complete the activation process as I thought I did not have an Apple ID, so when I tried to register it told me that email was already in use. But I could not go back to start over and enter in my Apple ID and password as there was no option to do this. So the only thing I could do was cancel the process and start again but I cant get back to the screen where it asks me to enter the Apple ID and password. All that it says on my phone is "waiting for activation". I have tried restarting the computer and phone but all it wants to do is Sync the phone which I have now done and so I have got all my music and contacts from my 3g on there but cant make calls as it says no service.

So my question is, how do I get to the screen where you activate the phone? Or has iTunes done this step without me doing it and I am in the normal queue of people waiting for their phones to activate? I'm with Vodafone if that changes anything.
  2. Swaggga

Swaggga Member

Ratings:
    +88
    restore the phone from itunes
  3. stevenlatham01

stevenlatham01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi thanks for the help, doing the restore now but it's done the same thing and skipped the activation screen. Now its syncing again.

Any other suggestions?
  4. Swaggga

Swaggga Member

Ratings:
    +88
    did you do a factory reset/restore or a backup restore?
  5. stevenlatham01

stevenlatham01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did a factory restore, so it re-downloaded iOS4 and then when it installed it went back to asking which backup I must sync from. I choose the one before this phone e.g. my 3g which was on o2 if that makes a difference. Not sure if there was an option to not sync.
  6. Swaggga

Swaggga Member

Ratings:
    +88
    wow thats a bit unusual. try restoring with your sim out of the phone
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. stevenlatham01

stevenlatham01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Tried the factory restore without the sim and it looked like it was working as it came up with connect to itunes to activate but then when I
    inserted the sim it just went straight to syncing screen again.

Do you think this may be a vodafone problem? Because I can use the phone to take pictures, music but cant make any calls as there is no
    service. Are other people still waiting for their phones to activate by Apple? Its been 12 hours now for me. If your phone has not been
    activated by apple can you use it all e.g. listen to music?
  8. bennicklen

bennicklen Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Did you port a number to Vodafone? It seems this takes two working days to complete and in the meantime i too am stuck with a very expensive Ipod that is waiting for activation :-(
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. stevenlatham01

stevenlatham01 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes I am waiting for my number to port over from o2 to vodafone. That must be it then.

Does your phone still say "Waiting for Activation This may take some time"

Odd that I did not need to login to Apple though.