Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercury ILS102 RF Digital Modulator setup?

Discussion in 'Virgin Media Forum' started by imeldaontour, Dec 22, 2011.

1. imeldaontour

imeldaontour Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm having a bit of a headache working out how to install this product and would love some assistance.

Currently, my setup consists of a Virgin TiVo box, with the "Cable" cable plugged into it.

I have purchased this, and intend to split the signal across the rooms.

[​IMG]

I am assuming that the first step is to take a Scart from the TiVo into the "TV/VCR in" Scart connector? I also have an input in the wall which takes the connection up to a splitter, however I have no idea which cable to use and from where this needs to go to be connected to this. Or if I'm going down the wrong track completely?

Kind Regards,
    James
    :thumbsup: :laugh:
  2. Boostrail

Boostrail Active Member

Ratings:
    +391
    You re defo up the right track -I have one of these. Connect the TV/VCR socket using an RF (Aerial/Coax) cable to the input in the wall.

Remember the signal seen by the other TV's will be an analogue signal, the channel used being set on the modulator.
  3. Jambone

Jambone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, so I managed to get Virgin through by connecting the Scart, however I can't get signal for my freeview unless I also connect the aerial...which prevents my Scart from being split? Is it possible to get both the aerial and virgin signals through at once?

Cheers,

PS. This is my other account