1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media server problem

Discussion in 'PS3 Media & Streaming' started by cockney, Aug 19, 2011.

1. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hi,

I have 2 ps3's & have never had a problem with them picking up tversity & the ps3 media server until now, i have tried several reboots of the ps3's, my router & the media servers but for the last week they just won't see them. I have a media server on my SE Arc which the ps3's recognise straight away so why is this ?

Any help greatly appreciated :smashin:

I haven't changed anything on my systems but it only seems to have appeared since the latest update on the ps3 last week :confused:
  2. themediaman

themediaman Member

Ratings:
    +169
    Couldn't speculate to what the problem is unfortunately, but could recommend PS3 Media Server as opposed to Tversity, its likely this is the problem, if your phones media server is functioning OK..........

My own personal experiences with Tversity were not bad, but just not as good by miles as PS3 Media Server, which is designed for the console.........

Have a look.................:thumbsup:
  3. Axum

Axum Member

Ratings:
    +815
    Didn't he say he was using PS3MS as well as TVersity.....that's how I read it anyway.....another wonderful Sony firmware update strikes again!
  4. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    That was my thoughts as well :mad:
  5. themediaman

themediaman Member

Ratings:
    +169

Should of gone to specsavers..............:oops:
  6. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hi, me again

The problems i am having are on this pc which is a windows 7 pc & i still cannot get the media servers working, i decided to download tversity on one of my xp laptops & it works fine so i have narrowed it down to the settings on here. That's where the problem continues as i am totally lost as to what to do :confused:

The only thing i have seen that i thought it might be was that in media streaming options it only has my pc in the local network but my ps3's in all networks, is that anything to do with it ?

Thanks again for any help..
  7. Uridium

Uridium Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,879
    disable ALL firewalls on the win7 pc and try again
  8. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hi,

I had Kaspersky of which the license was running out so uninstalled that before installing AVG & ZA but still no joy, when i went to switch on Windows firewall it wouldn't let me but i guess if it's not switched on then it won't affect it.

Getting fed up with it now as it worked perfectly for a couple of years & as i said it works fine on one of my xp laptops so not sure where to go now :confused:

Many thanks for your answers though :smashin:
  9. Uridium

Uridium Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,879
    Try launching PS3 Media Server by right clicking and selecting the "Run as Administrator" option
  10. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hi,

Tried that but still no joy :(
  11. Uridium

Uridium Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,879
    Next thing I'd try is in PS3 Media server settings (this is from memory as don't have it installed at the moment) changing the network card from Auto and specifying the Network card in your PC to use (be it your wi-fi or wired adapter) Then change the TCP port number from the default (5001 from memory) to something different 5005 or something. then restart PS3 MS
  12. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Hi,

Me again....

Tried the change of settings but still no joy :(

Thanks for all your help though & maybe one day i will get it working again...
  13. cockney

cockney Member

Ratings:
    +31
    Sorry to bring this up again but I play on the PS3 virtually every day & switched on as usual last night & hey presto all media servers appeared.Bizarre as I havent touched any settings or anything since my previous post last year :-B. All good again now though....