Media monkey will not work with V3 firmware

wease

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have an Iphone and like many people have recently upgraded to V3.

Trouble is.....I've been using media monkey to transfer music because my main Itunes account is on my macbook (for email, contacts, etc). When I try to transfer music now, media monkey reports that the iphone firmware is incompatible with media monkey:thumbsdow

Searching around the web, I noticed that this also happened with V2. Will it get fixed quickly by the media monkey team, or am I stuck!!!!

I also tried hacking the xml file from my mac book, which has been seen on the net but that didn't work either.

When I try to manage music manually on the pc with music on it. Itunes says it will erase and sync. Would that be my music only or would I also lose contacts and mail.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

Its a known issue with MM and OS3.0

Apple have implemented new encryption on the iTunes database on the phones, so 3rd party apps like MM can't sync.

I'm in the same boat.

Basically, someone at MM is going to have to reverse engineer the encryption.

Best bet is to keep upto date in the MM forum: MediaMonkey • View forum - Need Help with Device Synchronization?

Plus theres links to various sites explaining what Apple have been upto.

Last edited:
Is there an alternative program that may work for now? I just upraded to 3.0 and didnt realise MM doesnt work. I have my music in flac and MM was great at converting it and addind it straight to the iphone. I guess I will have to be patient and see if they find a fix.

Is there an alternative program that may work for now? I just upraded to 3.0 and didnt realise MM doesnt work. I have my music in flac and MM was great at converting it and addind it straight to the iphone. I guess I will have to be patient and see if they find a fix.

There is a semi-fix available, read more on the MediaMonkey forum:
MediaMonkey • View topic - iphone 3g OS 3.0 (developer preview OS)

Alternativley, sign the petition against Apple restricting 3rd party software access:
Enable Iphone 3.0 compatibility for MediaMonkey and other 3rd party software Petition

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom