1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4,0 - PART 1

Discussion in 'Freesat' started by raydon, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Yes, but that's the full web interface index. With the embedded index.html for the basic web interface I hadn't included the necessary expiry metadata. I've since corrected this minor omission and updated the hdf in the download rar. Not worth a reflash just for that reason though. :)
  2. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Thanks David, IE9 all working for me now. It was the Browsing history setting that was causing my refresh problem (was set to Auto). Will be updating the webif package shortly with doctype in the header, plus af12345's pkg.shtml fix.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  3. machare

machare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your quick reply. I solved the problem by doing a full format of my Kingston G3 8GB stick.

I kept getting 'object error' (or some such) when I tried to use the web interface to install packages. But I found that the command line interface worked fine, and I now have a working version of Samba!
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +393
    The object error (IE only) is known about and will be fixed shortly.
  5. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    webif v1.0.2 is now available for upgrade from the repository.
    This is a bugfix release to address problems which occurred when using Internet Explorer 9 to access the web interface.
    Please ensure that IE9's Browser History option Check for newer versions of stored pages
    is set to Every time I visit the webpage
    This setting can be found under Internet Options/General/Browsing history/Settings

To install the upgrade from the web interface:
    From the Package Management page, click on the Update package list fom the Internet button.
    The upgrade will then be listed under the Upgrades tab.

To install the upgrade from the command line just enter:
    opkg update && opkg upgrade webif

My thanks to af12345 and REPASSAC for their help in quickly resolving this problem. :smashin:
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  6. David500

David500 Member

Ratings:
    +85
    Radon Thanks for the quick fix. I have just upgraded webif to v1.0.2 and changed the IE History settings. Installed and removed Telnet OK.

Would it be helpfull to other IE users to mention the IE History Settings in the webif description, like Channel Editor with the Windows app?
  7. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Good idea, Done ! :thumbsup:
  8. davestubbs

davestubbs New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Installed and worked perfectly for me. Thanks again. Looking forward to the suggested EPG updates! Dave
  9. generationgav

generationgav Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Installed it this morning and working great!

One thing I never thought about though, I hadn't used release 3, was getting DLNA working on the Xbox; is there any chance of transcoding being added or am I just hoping in vain? I presume transcoding is the only way as the xbox won't play TS files natively.

What non-PC based media players have people managed to get working with the Humax (the cheaper the better too!)
  10. coachdriver

coachdriver Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for the fix. I have reflashed and can now see the USB drive again :clap:
  11. machare

machare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See: Digital (dis)content: Mediatomb 0.12 on PS3: video thumbnails, YouTube and Apple movie trailers

I have managed to get my Samsung TV to display still pictures via Mediatomb (Actually running on my NAS.)
    There were some changes that I had to make to the mediatomb config file to get this to work. I found the changes via Google. The transcoding of ts files mentioned in the link above may help you.
  12. kingsmeadow

kingsmeadow Member

Ratings:
    +1

yes I can confirm it works without any changes...Windows 7 (64) Premium.:)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. swedish cook

swedish cook Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Also Win 7 (64) Professional and Win XP (32) Professional, no config file changes needed. XP Professional working much better than prior versions, which seemed to hang for a minute when mapping disk.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +393
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. swedish cook

swedish cook Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Raydon - Thinking about web configuration for additional packages, for example the housekeeper, is there the capability to add to the web interface as part of the package installation ? I don't know how this works currently, and maybe this has been implemented already, but it would be cleaner if such additional pages were not a part of the actual web interface package itself.
  16. rtouk

rtouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey, ive been using this new package and everything works great. the problem im having is with my tv (LG 42LV550T) it connects to the humax perfectly and plays the stored files, but they arnt the correct resolution and the tvs media doesnt seem to have an option to correct it. its displaying the files as 704x576 on the 1080p screen.

ive tried with both twonky and mediatomb and get the same result, is there a way i can be resizing on the humax end?
  17. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    Not sure of exactly what you mean ?
    With the full web interface, some packages like jim-tcl and service-manager get installed along with it because the web interface depends on them to function correctly.

Any package can be installed and removed via the command line. It's in the readme.txt. The opkg application is the package management system which handles this, and it's completely independent of the web interface.
    opkg install housekeeper will install it and opkg remove housekeeper will remove it again.
    Entering opkg without any command arguments will display a complete usage list.

An .opk package can also be installed via USB, as per the telnet package included in the download rar.
    Enter cat /opt/var/opkg/base to display the contents of the file containing the full list of packages and their filenames.
    If you want to download a package and install it from USB then find its name in the base file, append it to hxxp://www.hummypkg.org.uk/foxsat/base/ and enter it in your browsers address bar to download it to your P.C.
    i.e. hxxp://www.hummypkg.org.uk/foxsat/base/housekeeper_3.1_mips.opk
    You'll notice I've put xx's in the repository address to prevent the board from displaying them as an active links.
    Hope this answers your query.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  18. swedish cook

swedish cook Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Obviously didn't explain clearly, I'll try to be clearer. I like the idea of adding a web page to configure the housekeeper, so you can select the series recordings you want to manage.

To achieve this would have have to adapt the actual web interface package ? This doesn't sound like a good approach.

Is there a way for other packages, like mine, to drop in an extra page or two on top of the web interface - this would require the web interface to be written to allow such extensions.
  19. Partridge

Partridge Member

Ratings:
    +178
    Raydon, Swedish Cook, I'm probably getting ahead of myself here.... but I would also be interested in whether there may be a way to enable this.

I've been working on pushmail services for the box (daily status update done summarising recordings and reservations which I use when away from home, now looking at a daily check and email warning if freesat channels in mtd6 have changed from previous day during housekeeping run). Also something which adrianf36 was considering for epg searches:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/15307668-post412.html

For the way I set it up the sendmail command in busybox needs to send via a user's SMTP server, so these user details need to be in a conf file (for now I just have a file in /opt/etc). In time it would be a nice touch to be able to write to this configuration file via a web interface page rather than doing so manually.
  20. swedish cook

swedish cook Member

Ratings:
    +81
    I kind of though I wouldn't be the only one to find an extension mechanism for the web interface useful, of course one way would be to do what twonky does and implement a web server for each package ... there might even be enough CPU cycles and memory remaining to run the normal PVR functions :facepalm:

I believe the web interface is in TCL, haven't ever used it but believe its easy enough.
  21. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,008
    swedisk cook and Partridge: As adrianf36 also said in the same thread 'it's early days' so I'm just going to wait and see what Adrian has to offer with his upgrade before considering any more additions or mods. Getting new ideas and suggestions for mods is great, but it's there's a whole lot of time and effort between having an idea and achieving the desired result. Hope you don't mind but I'm just resting on my laurels for a bit. However, if there are any web gurus out there who would like to write some html or tcl-scripts then feel free. Just download the web interface .opk as your starting point.
  22. af12345

af12345 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    The Freeview version of the web interface supports (simple so far) plugins so that other packages can add things to the settings screen which is used by a few packages now. It's very possible that adrianf36 will incorporate something similar here.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  23. Partridge

Partridge Member

Ratings:
    +178
    Of course not and fair to say that it is well deserved :thumbsup:

Was just interested whether it would be possible for others to consider doing without messing up the structure of the web interface which you have now made. Thx
  24. swedish cook

swedish cook Member

Ratings:
    +81
    Thats more than ok. Just wanted to find out if this is possible, so if more development is done then maybe extensions could be taken into account.

In the meatime yeah, I'll take a peek at TiCkLe and maybe hack a page into my HDR.
  25. Pat Flanel

Pat Flanel Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Just joined to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for the great work. This software is amazing.
  26. illingworth22

illingworth22 Member

Ratings:
    +75
    I can't wait to try this.... Many thanks to all involved! One question (I haven't had a look at the readme.txt yet) how will 2 Humax Boxes work on the one network?
  27. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +393
    illingworth22 - With two installs you should change the hostname in opt/etc/hostname on one of the HDR's - see the readme section on samba.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  28. illingworth22

illingworth22 Member

Ratings:
    +75

I hope that is easier than you make it sound :)
  29. Stroggy

Stroggy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I can't get the full web interface to work. I've installed the new FOXST-HDR_upgrade.hdf file onto my HDR which is running firmware version 1.00.15 (no mention of beta) I connected using Firefox and found the basic web interface. Then, I clicked on the button for the full web interface and I eventually received the "congratulations" message, so far so good.
    Then, I turned off and restarted the HDR but, when I went back into Firefox (and refreshed - tried restarting too) I only go the basic interface again. The browse media button is working so I know I'm connected to the HDR.
    Any ideas on what the problem is, have I done something wrong?
    Trying to re-enter the full interface just gives a file not found message.
    Help
    Thanks
    Stroggy
  30. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +393
    You should really post this in the main thread - Anyway I will try and reply - You say you see "Browse Media files" do you not see "Service Management" and "Package Managment" also?
    What do you get if you try http://192.168.0.10/pkg.shtml (Replace IP with the HDR's IP address)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.