Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4,0 - PART 1

Discussion in 'Freesat Forum' started by raydon, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    O.K guys, I need some feedback regarding the connecting of USB drives. Anyone apart from debitcardmayhem still having a problem with USB drives after flashing the v4.0.1 bugfix release, which specifically addressed this issue ?
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    I don't understand this but - reboot - Lanuch IE9 enable developer tools - launch url, select available - install dropbear - takes ages (like Chrome) - click on window after 60 secs - now ends normally - most strange - repeat tests - now all normal.
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    After the first test all is repeatable - one eye on router lights - I see chuncks slowly downloaded -finally final window after 45 secs - remove is fast.
  4. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Thanks for that info David, Don't know if you read my post above, but how do you stand regarding any USB issues ? BTW you chose a bad example when using Dropbear for testing as this has to generate RSA and DSS host keys post install which takes a while anyway.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    I did copy my previous smb.conf back - so I did see the USB device, however on checking after inseting a usb device, it is there under Media > sda1
  6. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Thanks, but the USB problem was nothing to do samba. There was a bug in the mdev script which I caused when changing the USB installer method from tar.gz to .opk. This I fixed in the 4.0.1 bugfix release but debitcardmayhem still reports a problem. I need more feedback from others to see if this is still an issue I need to address, as USB works fine for me.
    On the IE9 issue, I'm getting different results now. The Package Management Report popup is now showing the correct messages, but lists still not reflecting new status unless I restart IE9 :eek:
  7. bryanspink

bryanspink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a problem loading up the latest release. I go through the correct routine but the software just does not load, The display sticks on "BOOT" and either the box locks or boots as normal. Something wrong with my box? V3 updated OK and is still installed. Tried a factory reset and that disn't help.
    Any suggestions?
    :lease:
  8. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Try a different USB stick
  9. mrmarky

mrmarky Member

Ratings:
    +51

Maybe try a different usb stick, lots of people reporting issues with different sticks.
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    raydon - USB showing correctly (under Media). On another reboot I still get a console. object errors (there are quite some links about this) but somehow developer mode seems to modify this??
  11. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Thanks for the confirmation on USB.
    Yes, I've found that with developer mode on the Package Management Report popup works correctly. If its off then the popup just hangs. Very strange :confused:
    I need some wine.........
  12. bryanspink

bryanspink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Success! Even though I had been using the same HD to do the update as I had previously. I had tried a few USB adapters and just tried one last one and it worked. Happy Now.
  13. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    I Have started on mine !!
    I did think about comment out the console object references.

A sudden flash - you don't think that console object only exists in developer mode -I could sort of understand that?
  14. David500

David500 Member

Ratings:
    +102
    USB drive showing with v4.0.1.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. af12345

af12345 Member

Ratings:
    +26
    To remove the iajax code, modify pkg.shtml as follows.

Remove the line that pulls in the iajax.js file

Code:
    ******** type=text/javascript src=/js/iajax.js></script>
    Change the execopkg function to:

Code:
        function execopkg(arg)
        {
            $('#dspinner').show();
            $dialog.dialog('open');
            $('#dresults').load(opkg + arg, function() {
                $('#dspinner').hide('slow');
            });
        }

That works fine for me but you don't get any indication of progress during package installation.
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  16. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Thanks af12345, the package management results popup is working great now in IE9, with messages being returned from the server. Apps install and uninstall OK. However the list refresh still doesn't work and doesn't reflect true status until you close and reopen IE9.

EDIT:Oops sorry af12345, spoke too soon, IE9's Browser history was set to auto.:blush:
    All working fine now, thanks again.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  17. paulburke

paulburke Member

Ratings:
    +11
    USB drive showing, in media folder, with v4.0.1.

Thanks again.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. debitcardmayhem

debitcardmayhem Member

Ratings:
    +23
    My problem is because I am using a partitioned external hd , with two partitions on it , 1 is linux ext3 and 2 is ntfs. The hummy says invalid partition on it , only allowed FAT/Ext format, so the drive doesn't get mounted. I have lived with this from v3 and it does not bother me. I posted just in case others have similar problems. And I have used my script ever since.

I have not noticed any problems with the web pages either 'cos I too use a real browser ;)
  19. Partridge

Partridge Member

Ratings:
    +178
    That's odd - I also have an external USB HDD with two ext3 partitions and one NTFS partition, and the HDR with both Humax 1.00.13 and 1.00.15 firmware and v3 bundle always just took the first ext3 partition and mounted it automatically.

(Haven't been able to test with v4 as I seem to have misplaced the HDD :facepalm:)
  20. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Sorry debitcardmayhem but you did not explain this in your original post. What you said was "but the 4.0.1 still won't work with USBs as it stands" with no mention of your hybrid partitioning. This was misleading, considering I had just released a bugfix, and, in fact, for the vast majority of users v4.0.1 does work with USB's. You say you have lived with this since v3.0, but the custom firmware only mirrors what the original firmware does, and to expect it to do otherwise is a bit unfair. Can I ask how the standard Humax firmware handles your drive ? If it supports both partitions then I will have another look to see why my version doesn't, otherwise I will just leave it 'as-is'. I appreciate you have written a script to support your hybrid drive which could be useful to others, but under the circumstances it would have been simpler to have just said so.
  21. debitcardmayhem

debitcardmayhem Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Hi Raydon, I perhaps could have made it a little clearer in my original post , but I did say "and in my case one of the disk's partition is NTFS" and I am not suggesting that your firmware was the problem. I can't reboot at the moment, am recording, but the humax puts out a message saying that the disk is not supported, or words along those lines, in a blue spash across the programme it is playing. Apologies :blush: to you, and other members for not making myself too clear. Thanks for the great work and support, which goes to all Mogie, AF12345, Mr Marky and the Swedish Cook.
    Rob (debitcardmayhem takes too much typing :D)
  22. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    Strange - all seems to work for me with IE9 (with forced refresh to commence tests) inclusive of the refresh.

BTW - I am testing with the following IE options:
    • unchecked: disable script dedugging [IE and Other]
    • checked: Display a notification of every script error.
    • [The second of these will drive you mad if left on].
    • Browsing history: check for new versions every time I visit the web page.
    Using these seems to indicate the the console does indeed not exist EXCEPT in developer mode. (It did not used to exist at all in IE).
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. galleonslap

galleonslap Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just to say thanks to Raydon et al for another excellent upgrade to this package. :thumbsup: It installed fine in place of V3, the only minor hiccup was after the restart following the first run of the initial web interface menu, it came back to the same initial web screen again. Penny eventually dropped to force a browser page reload (Firefox - F5) to stop it using the cached version of the page!

If only Humax would release the source code for their part into the public domain, we might get some of their bugs fixed too! :D
  24. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    galleonslap - thats strange the page specifies that it should not be cached.
  25. Graculus

Graculus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a first time user of the bundle I'd like to add my thanks too to Raydon et al for this excellent implementation. I installed everything via my ipad using Safari and it was incredibly quick, flawless in fact. :) Cheers everyone!
  26. galleonslap

galleonslap Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That's odd then :confused: I'm using Firefox 6.0.2 which is, I think, the latest version.
  27. machare

machare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried to apply this update, but after booting with a USB stick instead of getting 'END', I get 'E-HF'.

Also these directories are not created:

/mnt/hd4/var/opkg
    /mnt/hd4/tmp

The HDR Software version is: HPRSFCI 1.00.15
    Loader Version: U 7.53

I have still have Mediatomb running.

I ran the update twice.

I can access the HDR by the Web interface, but all I see is a file structure. No obvious way of installing the full web interface.

Any idea as to how to solve this problem?
  28. davestubbs

davestubbs New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Raydon: Does the MediaTomb package include the updates to the config file to map .ts files to video/mpeg?

I haven't updated yet, but it'd be convenient if it already did that to save me having to change it :)

Thanks again,
    Dave.
  29. REPASSAC

REPASSAC Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    machare - I suspect that there is a problem with the download and that nothing was changed from the previous install. Download again and perhaps also try a different stick.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  30. raydon

raydon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,076
    Yes, and ignore-unknown is set to yes, so it wiil not display hmt and nts.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.