1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual tuning of channels for Hotbird

Discussion in 'Satellite TV' started by harveyphd, May 16, 2008.

1. harveyphd

harveyphd Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have a GBSat Digital Receiver that is currently pointing to the hotbird satellite at 13 degrees east (receiver is around 8 yrs old).

Picture quality of the channels is excellent. However, some of the free to air channels are missing after doing a full re-scan. I specifically want to receive TVE International Europe. I’ve had a look on the internet and it says this station is at 11785H/27500 3/4.

Could someone explain how I would manually add this channel to my GBSat digital receiver and explain what the 11785H/27500 3/4 means? A couple of website show several channels on this frequency – e.g. Canal 24 Horas, R1, TVE International Europe – so how would I select only TVE International Europe rather than any of these others?

It would help immensely if someone can find a website that lets you download above info, e.g. as an excel file – the eutelsat website is in this format, but as per above shows multiple channels on one frequency: e.g 11785H/27500

Anyone’s help would be gratefully appreciated.
  2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel Active Member

Ratings:
    +696
    11785H/27500 3/4

11785 is the frequency of the transponder or multiplex in MHz.
    Some receivers will want this in GigaHertz - 11.785 GHz.
    H means horizontal polaratiy or polarisation.
    27500 is the Symbol Rate (in kiloymbols per second).
    3/4 is the FEC or "Forward Error Correction" rate.

To get a specific channel in the mux with most receivers, you enter the above parameters and hit "tune" , "find", "scan" or similar.
    The box should them dispaly a channel list for you to select from - i.e. the channels it found on the multiplex that corresponds to the 11785H/27500 3/4 settings that you entered.
    Other receivers may respond by asking for a Program ID or PID. There are separate PIDs for the video and audio channels and they are lsited at
    http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html and simialr sites if needed.

Chris Muriel, Manchester
  3. mm218

mm218 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Does anyone know of a Free-to-Air HD on Hotbird please?
  4. Healer

Healer Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Apparently Eurosport have a HD promo on HB7 11,278V 27500 2/3 that is listed on Lyngsat as clear. That's all on Hotbird I'm afraid.
  5. mm218

mm218 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks Healer!:smashin: