1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester City - Shower

Discussion in 'Sport' started by INSOMANiAC, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,311
    I agree with you mate and he may well be danglieing them behind close doors.

Would it be any better if he came out and said that? He may as well put a noose round his neck by saying "I've made some bad buys ......"

The problem with that is the very players he will be criticising will be playing to save his job ...... don't think he will do himself any favours by alienating himself from the players. At the moment, he is quite rightly, attempting to deflect this criticism on to himself.

Having said that, I agree with wholeheartedly. This is nowhere near good enough. I don't expect us to turn over the champions but scoring no goals and having no shots in the last six games or so is relegation form and something we can ill afford with our debt and the promise of big money for premiership teams next season.

I really don't think sacking Pearce will achieve anything. Who would come in? And whoever that is will have the same group of players .... :suicide:
  2. INSOMANiAC

INSOMANiAC New Member

Ratings:
    +76
    Come back Joe Royle, all is forgiven !
  3. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    Peter Reid and Brian Horton are both available ........ and Alan Ball. :suicide:
  4. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Mpenza is looking like a good deal, hopefully we can get the same result we did last season at Newcastle :)
  5. Woodywizz

Woodywizz Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,864
    What you need is a manager with a bit of flair, a bit of panache, one who will - like City managers of old - quite happily wear a furcoat, a fedora, and smoke big cigars. Yes, there can be only one man.....jingle jangle jewellery jewellery, and he's even got the scarf..

[​IMG]
  6. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    thanks for that Woody. :hiya:

Decent weekend for City, West Ham and Charlton. Looks like Wigan are getting dragged down with the dead men as are Sheffield United.

The good and bad thing about City is our inconsistency. We will be able to pick up one or two more wins to keep us out of it - just. That loss to Wigan a couple of weeks ago at home was a bummer but then we win at Boro where we haven't done for 30 years and complete a league double over a team we previously hadn't beat in the Premiership - don't figure.

The game at home to Charlton looks like a pivotal moment ..... let's hope we are safe and the league has been decided before we play Ughnited at home. I can't bear them clinching the title at our place and sending us down ... :lease:
  7. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,412
    Wow. I just checked. Form team Charlton play Wigan and then City. These are exciting times people. Exciting times :D
  8. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Its a win.
  9. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Mpenza needs to sign a deal now. :)
  10. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    So, 3 points on friday?
  11. INSOMANiAC

INSOMANiAC New Member

Ratings:
    +76
    Lucky Charlton, theyd have been right in the **** if they hadnt held for a draw.
  12. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Well, maybe we can get 3 points from Fulham today? Can't see us loosing to them to be honest.
  13. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,412
    And a couple of weeks ago fans wanted poor Stuart's head. Another season of Premiership football beckons. But I bet you lot still want his head!
  14. INSOMANiAC

INSOMANiAC New Member

Ratings:
    +76
    Well, 3-1 at Fulham, Ive always said Pearce is the best manager weve ever had..

Distins going and I dread to think what crazy buys Psycho will make next season.....
  15. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Buys? Yo mean bottom of the barrel deals as the chairman gives him **** all?
  16. INSOMANiAC

INSOMANiAC New Member

Ratings:
    +76
    I wouldnt trust him with my loose change on his past record :rolleyes:
  17. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    Pearce's signings make pretty glum reading

Jo Hart :confused:
    Matthew Mills :confused:
    Bernardo Corradi :suicide:
    George Samaras :mad:
    Osamun Dabo :(
    Dietmar Hamann :thumbsdow
    Paul Dickov :thumbsdow
    DaMarcus Beasley :boring:
    Hatam Trabelsi :(

Andreas Isaksson :smashin:
    Emile Mpenza :smashin:

It's a good job Psycho has been blessed with one of the best footballing youth academy systems in the country

Joey Barton, Nedum Onohua, Stephen Ireland, Micah Richards, Michael Johnson, Daniel Sturridge, Stephen Jordan, Ishmael Miller have all featured this season. 8 youth team products - compare their performances to the load of duck egg foreigners listed above :suicide:
  18. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I give up with City supporters.
  19. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    What's that supposed to mean and who is it aimed at?
  20. jason g

jason g Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,273
    im a man utd fan mate and i agree with the list u put, ive told people who are city fans before, the trouble with city is that they kepp buying ***** players.
    look at benni mcarthy at blackburn for example, £2 million - bargain.
    that mpenzas not bad but the others :nono:
    u need to get some players from the other teams reserves as u will find some good players there.
  21. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    Two points I would make after yesterday's game and around Stuart Pearce :

1. Can we trust him to spend any money we have wisely? As per my previous post, I am very sceptical of this. Very poor decisions in both transfer windows - buying two goalkeepers, defensive midfielders everywhere and no width or goalscorers.

2. Tactics - yesterday was very poor as have all the home games this year in terms of attacking play. I'm not talking about results, I'm talking about performances at home all season - very very negative and playing Sun Jihai and Johnson in midfield is particularly negative in my view. One up front? This formation has worked away from home recently but we have to face facts - our home performances have been nowhere near good enough and I shudder to think what the stats are for actual shots on target - we must be the lowest in the four leagues. Just ten goals at home this season - bizarre. And we have failed to score against Watford, Sheffield United, Bolton Wanderers, Wigan, Reading, Chelsea, Liverpool, Charlton, Newcastle, Blackburn and Portsmouth - woeful. ELEVEN home games where we haven't scored!! That is unbelievably poor - I can't get my head round that.

I do worry for City - we have avoided relegation it seems but are we happy with that alone? Surely we should be playing attacking football and pushing on into the top half of the league?
  22. KevD

KevD Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Is Joey Barton the biggest embarrasment in football??

The idiot has just been suspended until the end of the season for fighting with a team mate (Dabo), apparantly sending him to hospital.

I hope Man City kick him out and I see if he is as big a player as he thinks. Cant imagine there would be too much interest.

How he got to play for England before Nolan is beyond me :suicide:
  23. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    Got to disagree 100%. Joey has been superb for City and the frustration over the whole season has come out in this training ground incident I'm sure. Dabo is one of the guilty players who have been brought in this season and delivered NOTHING.

I listened intently to Barton's rant on the local radio station after the 1-1 against Watford recently and agree with everything that he said. The club will float around in nothingness as we have no clear direction and we keep signing has been foreigners.

Loved Joey's quote (aimed at Samaras) "we sign players who've scored 6 goals in the ****** Pontin's League in Belgium or wherever, when we should be signing proven premiership goalscorers ...." SPOT ON JOEY.

He is a quality player - and should he leave City, which I hope he doesn't - there would be plenty of clubs interested in signing him.

There's loads of scraps on training grounds all over the country but because it's Barton he gets suspended. I for one give him my support and back up those comments he made on the local radio station.

Come on Joey!

The full interview can be heard by clicking HERE a link to You Tube which does contain one swear word during a 9 minute interview.

And as for the comment about him being an idiot, that's way over the top.
  24. CFC1

CFC1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,297
    I'm really disappointed by recent events at City ... come on guys, keep it together... you have a big game at the weekend, and the overwhelming majority of the British sporting public are behind you! :thumbsup: ;) :devil:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  25. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    In recent seasons we have beaten United 3 out of the last 4 at home - but I can't see us doing it again without many attacking options available - now our top goalscorer has been suspended!
  26. CFC1

CFC1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,297
    Just play Dickov, Corradi, Mpenza, Vassell and Samaras, and see what happens! :thumbsup: :eek: :rolleyes:
  27. Abbeygoo

Ratings:
    +4,311
    that shower have scored 10 between them this season :eek: actually, I'll exempt Mpenza from that description, the rest have been utter garbage. Corradi is one of the most immobile forwards i've seen and is vying with Wayne Biggins for City's worst ever lump of lard!
  28. CFC1

CFC1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,297
    Huh! :eek: ... Mate, I didn't realise he played for you! ... no wonder City picked up that "soft" reputation! :D :rotfl:

[​IMG]
  29. Woodywizz

Woodywizz Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,864

Have to agree with you Steve - I've always admired Barton, yes he can be a nasty piece of work, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives 110%. He's got a passion that is lacking in virtually every other player in the starting eleven - I completely understand why he gets frustrated with the rest of them.
  30. John

John Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,574
    A bloke from SportingChance was on 5live earlier and had been speaking to Barton this afternoon , having preiosly worked with him . His understanding was that it was Barton who had been attacked and he was only defending himself. If thats the case , all Barton is guily of is making his punches count
    [​IMG]