Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mams living room project(start to finnish)

Discussion in 'Members' Home Cinema Gallery' started by bazzarooney1, Feb 4, 2012.

1. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    hi again just thought id put up what ive been doing at my mams house while ive been out of work for a while.her living room was in a need of updating my mam had a budget of 500 nicker and said i can do the room anyway i like(she trust me that it ill be nice @the end).so with a blank canvass to do what i like, i designed and done all the work myself.so i decided on creating a custom ceiling which i think looks gr8:) covering the old vile artex which i hate.The i created a arch above the fire place and on the sides of the chimmney breast i done a half arch on each side , then i skimmed the room put up some coving which i think sets the ceiling off. i made a rad cover using mdf(radiaters another thing i dont like) so i cover them .then i made shelving for the arches ,painted n decorated the room wth wallpaper on the arch wall.then i laid laminate flooring,i done this just over the budget and for free cus me loves me mam loads. n she is over the moon about her new living room, not much av just a 42 inch tv which me mam got after me doing the room hence the wires showing which i will get round to hide them. any questions or feedback please feel free. cheers

Attached Files:

2. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    more pics:)

Attached Files:

3. Mdre83

Mdre83 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Very nice finish, great job! :smashin:
    What's the frame...?
  4. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    thanks.the ceilin frame is called mf ceilin system(metel frame) which is very easy and fast to erect.the arch frame is a metal stud partition both made by british gypsum.
  5. Mdre83

Mdre83 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Cheers.
    I had to look a couple of times but still thought surely not metal haha
    Will have a look into it.
  6. phil5366

phil5366 New Member

Ratings:
    +275
    Where are you based? do you do this for a living? Did you also do the plastering and coving, etc ?

The workmanship looks first class and something you should be proud of, you obviously must have worked with the MF many times before.

The room looks superb, every credit to you.

Phil.

PS just change that old fire to something that suits the new room!
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  7. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    yes i done all the work myself,im in leicester and have been out of work 4 3 and a half months.im a dryliner by trade and over the years picked up many other skills mostly just by observing other trades ,like plastering ive jus got better over the years and im confident now when plastering.cheers wes
  8. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    phil ,i agree the fire is an eyesore,money was tight but hopfull change it in the near future. wes
  9. o O MARK O o

o O MARK O o Member

Ratings:
    +3
    WOW, very nice finish, :smashin:

I am doing somthing very similar with my ceiling and I was not to sure about the end result but looking at your pictures I think it will look great,

Thanks for posting them :)
  10. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    thanks for the comment, and good look when you do yours,dont forget to take lots of pics and post them on here.:thumbsup:
  11. o O MARK O o

o O MARK O o Member

Ratings:
    +3
  12. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    whens it done it s looking good:thumbsup:
  13. mrbsh1

mrbsh1 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    It's all rage here in Australia look up super lock steal frame building systems. Our house is made like that. it's to combat the termites
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  14. bazzarooney1

bazzarooney1 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    it was all the rage hear but there is not much getting built now,been out of work for bout 4 month,maybe i should move to oz!:D
  15. mrbsh1

mrbsh1 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    We got a lot of termite problems here in the northern suburbs of Adelaide I drive past a large housing development everyday on my way to work and I would say at least 1 in 5 houses is still frame.

Good job on your room, hope all works out well for you with the room and the job hunt.
  16. MrGrumpie

MrGrumpie Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,716
    Can't see much of a home cinema in there ;) - but I must admit, when I looked at the pics the first thing I thought was "great workmanship".