Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac Mini vs. Plasma

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by keiyuu, Feb 21, 2012.

1. keiyuu

keiyuu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've the same issue with 2 different plasma screen by panasonic with a mac mini bought in september 2010.

The tv is connected with hdmi cable, with the presence of white objects on the screen there's like an halo following it across the width. Let me explain better, take "the hangover" (1 or 2 it's the same) ending credits with the static pictures on the left and the credits rolling on the right. When I watch this I see these light shadows over the pictures showed on the left that move alongs the credits on the right.

Any solution? Or it's just a common plasma issue?
  2. stevelup

stevelup Active Member

Ratings:
    +725
    That's fairly normal plasma behaviour, but only if you have it set too way bright.

Are you using Dynamic mode by any chance? Exactly which plasma displays are they?
  3. keiyuu

keiyuu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    P46S10 and P50G30, I'm using cinema mode (untouched) with mac mini and thx with my LG blu-ray player, I noticed the same thing scrolling a blu-ray menu one time.
  4. NewfieDrool

NewfieDrool Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +1,252
    Does this only happen only when you have your Mini plugged in.
    I have a Panasonic z1 and have not seen this before but I have not got a Mini.