London 2012 tickets

i went for the early rounds of the tennis at centre court as it was the only thing mildly interesting for me, although im more going for the fact its wimbledon rather than the olympics.

I shall watch all the events at home in comfort on my 100" screen in HD all for the price of the annual licence fee(thank you BBC).

Who want's to pay £1000's just to be there,queuing up then being ripped off for drinks snacks etc.And that's without having to contend with London's transport system.

If I want atmosphere I can have a few mates round and a barbie and a few beers without all the cost and hassle.

I shall watch all the events at home in comfort on my 100" screen in HD all for the price of the annual licence fee(thank you BBC).

Who want's to pay £1000's just to be there,queuing up then being ripped off for drinks snacks etc.And that's without having to contend with London's transport system.

If I want atmosphere I can have a few mates round and a barbie and a few beers without all the cost and hassle.

Yep and you can see all the action at home better than they can see it in the stadium.

Watching someone running a marathon is like watching a tree loose it's leaves....boring.

way to go picking a typical olympic sport

<clap>

Yep and you can see all the action at home better than they can see it in the stadium.

You can even pause it if you need the loo!

There are some downright odd views in this thread.

But don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty of sports forums where people question sitting in front large screens watching the latest crap American sitcom/drama/blockbuster movie whilst eating crisps and chocolate when they could be outside enjoying nature and keeping themselves fit and healthy.

Well the ticket allocation will start being distributed from today for the next month with no forewarning before the money is taken out.

Anyone know of anyone who has had any news in regards to the tickets they applied for?

Well the ticket allocation will start being distributed from today for the next month with no forewarning before the money is taken out.

Anyone know of anyone who has had any news in regards to the tickets they applied for?

I'm not confident. I cancalled my Visa card and had a new one issued after the PSN hack. Wrote to the Olmpic games ticket people and they apparently have put a note on my account to call me for the new card number if I am successful. Not convinced thats going to happen :(

Doubt I'll get any at all but even if I don't, I'll still travel in to the area and soak up some atmosphere.

Nothing here for me yet, mind you i dont fancy my chances going for tickets for 100m final night and wembley final :p
it sucks that they dont give a specific date for when the tickets will be payed for if your lucky.

Last edited:
Must admit I was expecting a few Woohoo!! (but now I'm skint :() posts in this thread today. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if they will take multiple payments if you win multiple tickets, or will they do one withdrawl in one go?

Taking the money a year early?! What are they doing, using the funds in advance to pay for things now because the budget is so tight or being thrown into a savings account? The latter sounds like a legalised racket! ;) :D

Well, I checked my online CC account today.....and no funds taken yet..........be interesting to hear if/when monies are taken.

Joust

Just got the result from the Olympic ballot .... I missed out on the men's 100m final but have received 35,000 tickets for West Ham v Doncaster

:D

They took £3.50 out of your account? that must hurt... :(

My wife supports West Ham. IN my defence: My mum's family were staunch supporters of Man City :thumbsup: Nice result.

Last edited:
Nothing here.

I have not heard any reports of anyone actually getting money deducted (none of the folk that I know that applied have heard anything).

Are they taking the money randomly or alphabetically?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom