Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logik DAB Radio/Alarm Problems

Discussion in 'DAB Digital Radio & FM Radio' started by mjcairney, Oct 30, 2007.

1. mjcairney

mjcairney Active Member

Ratings:
    +708
    Hi All,

I was recently given a Logik DAB Radio/Alarm model LOG3007I as a birthday present but have the following problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

After unpacking it, I turned it on, whereupon it went straight into tuning mode and tuned in all the DAB stations and then, when put into standby, it set the correct time - fine, so far. I then noticed after it had been in standby for a while, the clock was really slow - according to the instructions, the time is read automatically from the radio, with no need for manual setting and, indeed, no provision, that I can find anyway, for manual tuning. Using the remote, I then take it out of standby, the radio display lights up and sometimes the displayed station comes on, other times it remains silent until put back into standby, the times updates itself to the correct time, and then pressing the standby buttons brings on the radio okay this time. However, when put back into standby, the clock just goes slow again (to the tune of losing about 20 hours in 24 - not a very dependable alarm).

The set was returned to Currys who, when the fault was described to them, replaced it without demur, saying to my brother (who had given it to me) that they'd never heard of that problem before.

Guess what? Yes, you're right, the replacement does exactly the same thing. I just can't help but seriously question the "fact" that I have got the only two of this model with this problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced it. It will be going back but please let me know if you've come across this problem.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Martin.
  2. mjcairney

mjcairney Active Member

Ratings:
    +708
    Just to update the above post, we took the second one back to Currys on Saturday, at which time the assistant told us that they have had another two (other than my original) returned with exactly the same problem.

Must admit, I had a quiet chuckle to myself when she said she didn't have any more in stock and couldn't offer me another replacement, as if I would want another machine with an obvious inherent fault.

Anyway, she refunded the money without question. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin.