Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loewe 40 xelos Media - Any Good

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by mkcheznous, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mkcheznous

mkcheznous Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Noticed the Loewe 40 xelos Media is reduced to £599 from £1700 and comes with a 3 year warranty.

Now I can guess that the quoted £1700 is somewhat inflated but I understand Loewe are a premuim brand in Germany.

I realise it is not a 3D TV or smart type but I am more interested in Picture and Sound. Problem is I cannot find any reviews.

Anybody bought one or know anything about them?
  2. Silverblack

Silverblack Active Member

Ratings:
    +432
    What i will tell you is the loewe xelos media is a very good tv nice sound quality and very nice picture quality too, now before i brought my connect id thats what i was going to get.

The xelos media is better than the new re-introduced ones. They don't require the breakout adapters that the newer ones require it has analogue audio outputs aswell as three hdmis, the newer one has two and it has the all important image+ processing 100hz and better speakers than the newer version.

If you can get your hands on one i would buy it.
  3. mkcheznous

mkcheznous Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for this. - So little info / reviiews available.

Couple more questions.

1/ How does the 100mhz compare to the 200 mhz on your set? Did you see both side by side?
    2/ I believe your Connect has a Samsung panel. Normally good picture but tend to be quite reflective and not so good off axis - say compared to a Panny or LG. Is this true with your set and do you know what panel the Xelos has?
  4. mkcheznous

mkcheznous Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just to add - I think I am going to order the Loewe 40 XELOS tonight.

Went to see it at Devineaudio today and was quite impressed with it and the people. Gave me and my wife a good 45 minutes to demo it. No pressure. Worth the 2 hour round trip.

The set looks quite classy. Love the glass stand.The panel is Samsung sourced but fairly matt - which is important to me.

The picture was as good as any of the Samsung/ Panasonics / Sonys / LGs in the same price bracket that I looked at in John Lewis this morning. I did like the Sony 853 but that is twice the price! Was dissapointed that JL did not have any Loewe sets on display even though you can order them.

The clincher was the sound - really good - would even say best in class.

It has been a long search but think I have finally found a replacement for my trusty oldSony 32FX60 CRT.