Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of region free Blu Ray films?

Discussion in 'Blu-rays, DVDs & Streaming Services' started by stbens, Jun 27, 2007.

1. stbens

stbens Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there a link to a list of region free blu ray films? I'm going to the States in a couple of weeks and would like to buy a few films for my PS3.
  2. jrp023

jrp023 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    there are a few out there but i cant remember exactly where on the forums i saw them, 2nd best is the secion on movietyme.com which has all the american discs that play on a uk ps3 therefore region free.
  3. Azzin

Azzin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,078
    There's a "Read First" sticky thread at the top of this forum that you should have a read of: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496872
  4. ebbforpope

ebbforpope Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this is annoying
  5. redoct

redoct Guest

Ratings:
    +0

You can a list of region free, locked, and unknown plus studio stats at http://www.regionfreemovies.com and releases at http://bluray.liesinc.com.
    They're updated quite often...
  6. shatpank81

shatpank81 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i wish afro samurai was region free!
  7. fnusnu

fnusnu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently in the States in Orlando, and had a look in a shop at the Blu Ray titles. The display said 'many region free titles please ask assistant'. He siad that it appears that a lot of titles being released are in fact region-free. Looking on the back of most of the titles, they didn't display a region letter.
    I suspose the other explination is that they were dodgy copies that had been hacked, but they looked kocher enough to me.
  8. Silent-Bob

Silent-Bob Member

Ratings:
    +14
    In my experience from being in Florida in October it was cheaper to buy online here than in the stores there and the $ is even weaker now.
  9. Marauder

Marauder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a silly question. Sorry if it has already been answered.

I check dvdworldusa for region free dvd's. What I'm wondering is: If I buy a movie which is listed as region free, is there a chance that there are other versions of the movie on blu-ray with other regions of A, B or C?

I'm simply asking this because I'll be telling my friend to buy me some BD movies from the U.S.

Cheers,
  10. Marauder

Marauder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?