1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life On Mars Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-rays, DVDs & Streaming Services' started by Dutch, Sep 6, 2008.

1. brian s

brian s Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,220
    I don't think so. the subject of SD on BD has it's own thread here.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/disc-downloaded/849341-would-you-buy-sd-content-bd.html

Regards
    Bri
  2. steverobertsbbc

steverobertsbbc Member

Ratings:
    +118
    Why do you think that? Both were made on broadcast formats that far exceed the resolution of VHS - the quality of FT in particular is very good off the broadcast masters. Or are you just using 'VHS' when you mean 'standard definition'?
  3. Dutch

Dutch Member

Ratings:
    +114
    It seems a shame that it wasn't originally telecined to HD - it seems a bit short-sighted in these days of global sales in HD. I guess I'll pick these up when they are under £10, providing they aren't hard coded region B!

Steve
  4. onkeh

onkeh Member

Ratings:
    +425
    Very glad to hear it! I could have sworn I'd heard somewhere that only VHS copies (or something equivalent quality) remained and the original masters were binned because at the time nobody thought we'd need anything better. Very pleased to be proved wrong :)

edit- So when's the BD coming out? :D
  5. Scotland10e

Scotland10e Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So did we confirm - will it play on a US PS3 for example. Are disks Region locked?
  6. Duncan Harvey

Duncan Harvey Member

Ratings:
    +125
    I tested series one disc one on one of my UK and US PS3s - no probs - so region free.

Sent them back to amazon however as not worth the "upgrade"
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Jp1138

Jp1138 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does the BR include the same subitles for hard of hearing of the DVD version? Any more subtitles?

Thanks