Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG7000 LCD TV Sound Lost & Scart Control

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Redcarboy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. bonddan27

bonddan27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Redcarboy.

I just spoke to LG, they promised a call from an engineer in the next 48 hours. They did mention a site visit to fix it although apparently they don't know how to fix it yet - so not sure where this is going really!

If LG get inundated with calls about the same problem, surely they'll have to produce a fix?
  2. b1978

b1978 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    Reading about the radio issues, I guess it's best to call LG and go through the pain of gettting it fixed.
    Has anyone been in touch with 'LG Blog' or can they comment on this issue at all????

Much appreciated...
  3. ptruman

ptruman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Did you get your promised callback, and if so, what happened?
    I was told there is a fault (but not if that was h/w or s/w) and to keep ringing back to check if a fix has been issued - but I've not phoned back yet.

Problems I've encountered so far :

a) Digital Radio dropout (as has everyone else) on TV speakers (not tried optical outputs yet)

b) Bluetooth audio delay when using headphones

c) Slow/complete lack of IR response after power up - if I change power up and change inputs in 9 or 10 seconds, the input logo stays put for about 30 secs and no other keys work (but IR receive light flashes when keys are pressed on the remote)
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  4. ptruman

ptruman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, I just tried this. Still not tried optical out yet though, as my switcher is due later today.
  5. bonddan27

bonddan27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did I eck... But called again and advised that Staffords will be in touch to arrange a repair. (Staffords - Nationwide equipment repair service) But they still don't know what the fix is apparently. Next call, Staffords. Will let you know how it goes.

The audio delay on bluetooth is discussed elsewhere on the forums - I think it's to do with the time taken to process the audio to convert it to a 'bluetoothable' format. Which begs the question why bother putting bluetooth on a TV in the first place?
  6. Markymark33

Markymark33 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I know why this set was going so cheap. As the saying says, "If it sounds too good to be true."
  7. b1978

b1978 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm thinking the same here.
    Any comment from LG Blog?
  8. ptruman

ptruman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, presumably they could 'delay' the image slightly also? Admittedly a kludge rather than a fix - and would depend on the memory the TV has available to hold frames...but if it can receive images from BT, it has to put them somewhere, no?
  9. Redcarboy

Redcarboy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Just rang LG.
    Initially the lady told me a fix would be available in a month !!!
    I explained that last week, I had been told it would be about a week and I was happy with that, but a further month would take us outside the 28 day return period (starting 26th Dec 08).
    She then contacted a Technical guy who said that a potential fix had been ready during last week but failed during testing.
    They now expect a fix to be available by the end of next week !!!!
    She said I could ring back every day, if I wanted, to check on progress or wait until Thursday or Friday to see if it's available.
    If any of you get different stories I'd appreciate an update.
  10. bribren

bribren Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also phoned LG on Wed and was given a ref number and told someone would contact me.
    A repair and service company rang me within 2 hours and asked about the problem, and requested the product code from the back of the tv.
    They told me the problem was probably the main sound board and they would order a new one to suit the product code number, then ring me and make an appointment to fit it as soon as it arrived, possibly next week.
    My set is the 42LG7000 delivered on 29 Dec from Dixons, software 3.07, and apart from the sound problem I am very satisfied with it. I was going to get freesat HD but the picture I am getting from Freeview and Sky FTA is so perfect I don't see the point at the moment.
    The quality of the picture is the reason I declined the offer to change the set under the 28 day rule, I was afraid I might get a duff one next time.
    Reading some of the comments about other members sets, maybe I have just been lucky.
  11. bonddan27

bonddan27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The engineer from Staffords came today and supplied a firmware upgrade which seems to have solved the problem. I've not comprehensively tested it yet but I'm hopeful.
  12. raks111

raks111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you have the fade out on the radio channels after 1 min. Is so could you test it for 5min see what happens and what firmware does your tv say? I will give them a call to do mine if it works :)
  13. bonddan27

bonddan27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the radio channels are now staying on, and no other problems noted. Firmware was 3.07 now 3.22. Good luck!
  14. bribren

bribren Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I should have had an engineer last Tuesday to carry out the upgrade, but the snow stopped him coming. Now scheduled to come next Tuesday 10th. Keeping my fingers crossed on the weather.
  15. Redcarboy

Redcarboy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Just had my 42LG7000 upgraded to software version 3.22 by INFOTEAM.
    Very pleasant guy, who just put in a flash drive from LG and the download was foolproof. He explained that when the sets were manufactured, they would have been tested and worked but recent transmitter upgrades changed some transmission parameters and hence the problems.

For information :-

• I was first offered a collect, repair and return service from INVEC, which I declined.
    • A letter to Customer complaints triggered a response aimed at minimising disruption to me, but resulted in another attempt from Customer complaints to get me to accept the INVEC take away service, which I again declined.
    • I had copied my complaint letter to the President of LG UK (which customer complaints knew) and I don't know whether it played a part, but the following day I was offered an in-home upgrade from INFOTEAM, who rang me within an hour and could have done it the next day had I been available. It was done the following day .... today.
    I'm now very happy with my TV and the service from INFOTEAM.

If anyone has been offered a take away service, stick out for an in-home upgrade. Persistance pays off!

Good luck and thanks for your help and feedback.
  16. Messy69

Messy69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Recarboy - This is the same Company who want to carry out my USB update, but after they want to strip TV, remove internal parts, take pictures then put back together!! Did this happen to you or just the USB update?
  17. Redcarboy

Redcarboy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Messy69.
    Yes, all the guy did was apply the USB update and record serial numbers, previous s/w level etc. He was great and very helpful.
    No back off the TV and definitely no pictures of internals.

When I got the initial call from Infoteam, they did ask whether it was wall mounted or free-standing. Didn't enquire why they asked the question as mine was free standing.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Messy69

Messy69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Redcarboy, when they arrive this wed for the 2nd time, as 1st time forgot to bring the USB drive! I will be making it very clear - They will not be removing any parts!
  19. Ry-m

Ry-m Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I rang LG Customer service last week (I think it may have been Saturday) and got a call back I think Sunday night. Soonest time was this tuesday coming, between 8 and 12. I think it was staffords (I'm near Manchester). I bought one of those motorola Bluetooth headsets and have noticed that delay, so will see if that is fixed as well as the radio issue.
  20. Hyweljh

Hyweljh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anywhere on the net where the new firmware can be downloaded, the people who are going round and updating the TV's must be getting the software from somewhere and surely there has to be somewhere customers can get it a bit like this site LG HDTV (This site doesnt have the lg 7000 firmware so DONT use this link)
  21. Ry-m

Ry-m Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My 42lg7000 now upgraded to 3.22. Like has been previously mentioned, radio issue is gone. Anyone else with the update noticed very little juddering on all trumotion modes? I can't tell whether it's working or not though. I'll watch a few action movies over the next few days and look for any visible difference.
  22. latitudehopper

latitudehopper Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI there, I have been able to upgrade my firmware at home in about 4 minutes and all is well again, if you want to know how then drop me a message!
  23. john.hem

john.hem Member

Ratings:
    +109
    Thanks updated my 32LG7000 to version FW 3.22.

John
  24. v1Leon

v1Leon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,i had same probs with sound on my lg7000,radio would play for a minute then stop. I phoned the help number in the manual and a very helpful gent took details and a repair number,later the same day i had a telephone call to say they would call about 3pm chap arrived on time put a usb in telly 20, mins later it was sorted.I cant praise LG enough great service.
  25. ramh2o

ramh2o Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I started looking into this problem back in January this year, after having my LG7000 replaced with no change in the result, ie still audio dropping out on digital radio after 1.5 mins and AVI audio drop out.
    Finally checked LG site again and noticed a new software download page, found my TV, downloaded the relevant firmware to a usb stick, popped it into the TV, the TV found it and asked if I wanted to update from old software to the new latest, So I have now gone from Ver 3.06 to Ver 3.27
    And all is now well and no audio problems, yet!
    And not a phone call to either LG or TheTechguys
    I am well pleased to say the least.:clap: