Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG TV: Why is there a voice over man/woman in every program!?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by alex98uk, Sep 24, 2010.

1. alex98uk

alex98uk Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have no idea what I have done, but I have a voice over woman/man that describes the scene. For example, i'm watching friends on Channel 4 atm. Rachel clicks her fingers and a weird women says "Rachel clicks her fingers", "Rachel puts her arm around Joey".

It was the same last night whilst watching Road Wars on Sky 3. It doesn't describe...

"Rachel grins with a smug smile on her face"

... every scene, just some. I thought it was some weird feature in Road Wars, but it's happening now.

What in Gods name have I enabled!?
  2. andy1249

andy1249 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,239
    Thats descriptions for the blind , I dont think its anything to do with your TV though , its an option on the Sky Service , so check whatever box you have from whatever supplier your subscribed too.
  3. alex98uk

alex98uk Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's a built in FreeviewHD tuner in the TV. I was playing with the remote last night, might be something on there. Any idea what the option might be called.
  4. andy1249

andy1249 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,239
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. alex98uk

alex98uk Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh thank the lord!
  6. Arn100

Arn100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We have an LG 32LD490. This afternoon for no apparent reason the voice over, disability function, audio description came on. Took a while but worked out what to do. It comes on when volume turned down to zero. How to stop it; go to Menu, Option, Disability Assistance, select Hard of Hearing to "OFF", down to Audio Description and select to "ON", ( here's the important bit) , down to Volume and set to -1, back up to Audio Description and set to "OFF", then Exit. That'll do it. I can't see why it has a -1 and lower but luckily I don't have a disability. Hope it works for you.
  7. Paul01924

Paul01924 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If your LCD TV is connected to Sky HD whether you subscribe to HD or not, press the help button on the Sky HD it will bring up Audio Description if says on press the right direction button to turn off then press Select.

We just had a new Sky HD box fitted as the Sky + broke down,but they replaced with a Sky HD + box and it didn't do it on the old one. So I searched the settings on the HD remote and found it after a week of putting up with the annoying chatter in the background. I hope that this helps some of you!
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  8. Philip4242

Philip4242 Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Paul, were you aware that you've just replied on a thread which is over 2 years old ?!?

Check the YEAR, as well as the date and month ! :eek:
  9. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,190
    And he joined just to trawl a 2 1/2yr old thread and answer it, W T F ? :confused:
  10. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,059
    nice welcome guys......

Curly
  11. lampsout

lampsout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Taken hours on the web to find the answer , how to switch off audio description on our LG smart TV ( paul01924 ) reply solved the problem. going to Sky help took seconds to switch audio off.
    Check LG user guide - option- check disabled assistance is off.