Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG system - Can't turn off Audio Description

Discussion in 'All-in-one Systems' started by jemhill, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jemhill

jemhill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I have an LG Home Cinema Surround sound system which works on 5.1 but also uses the XTS sound enhancement system. I like to use XTS-3 as it gives the best sound but it only works on 2 CH - not on 5.1. The problem is that when I change to 2CH the DVD plays with audio description on and I can't find any way of turning it off. I'm sure it never use to do this on 2 CH.

Please help, it's driving me mad.

Thanks
  2. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,287
    but isnt that what XTS is for, improving stereo sound...
    have you tried changing the audio track in the actual individual dvd's menu.
  3. jemhill

jemhill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I probably haven't explained the situation very well. I want to use XTS as the sound is better than 5.1 but when I change to 2 channel I get the film sound PLUS the audio description. Is there anyway of using 2 CH without having audio description.

Cheers
  4. jemhill

jemhill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and yes I have changed the mode in the dvd set up but it only gives me 2 Ch with audio description.
  5. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,287
    whats the dvd..as i wonder, does the dvd only have a stereo audio descrpitive soundtrack..
    have you tried another dvd?
  6. jemhill

jemhill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that's the problem Rotten - most of my dvds seem to have the audio description on the stereo channel. It's a real shame as the XTS on the LG system is better than the sound through 5.1 (in my opinion). so I can assume that if the audio description is layed over the stereo soundtrack then there is no way of turning it off?

Thanks
  7. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,287
    i would assume thats the case..
    what about picking another language though, for a test, like some dvd's have a foreign stereo track..maybe see how that sounds, or hunt out a dvd thats doesnt have the audio descriptive track on it..