1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG M2762d - How to enable USB Movie Playback?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sharpharp, Dec 21, 2009.

1. sharpharp

sharpharp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Anyone know how to enable USB dixv playback (if possible) on the 27" LG M2762D TV?

Its currently just pictures and music, but I would ideally like usb divx playback. I've tried the holding OK buttons and also the Menu buttons as per other LG models but no joy.

Anyone able to help get into the service menu on this one?

Thanks
    Sharpy
  2. beavertron

beavertron Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Also interested. Ive seen a method involving buying some fancy remote and programming it. Im sure there must be an easier method to get into the service menu though.
    Not too many reviews about it yet so hopefully someone will sus it soon.
  3. sharpharp

sharpharp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, managed to get into the Service Menu on the m2762D finally... used novii remote and ppc (thanks to jpan in another post on here)

Only problem is, when you go to option 54254, the media player is already set to EMF-PMM, so what can we do to enable divx playback if EMF-PMM is already set by default??

The only options that still appear in USB are Photo and Music... any ideas anyone? Is this a firmware issue? How do you make divx appear in the usb menu?

Best wishes,
    Sharpy
  4. monty786

monty786 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    please can anyone help :lease:
    i just got my tv few days ago and would love to no how to enable
    divx mode on the menu screen all i can see is just pictures and music :D
  5. cnacnew

cnacnew Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi 2all
    I have the same model LG m2762D
    If anyone can help to watch movies on this TV
    Is it possible to do this
  6. knob123

knob123 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes divx/ avi movies work on this TV. I did it
    for the record I got my TV from DIXONS UK model LG M2762D
    You don't need a fancy remote but you need an infra red LED connected to the serial port via a diode (to protect the LED)
    [​IMG]
    Connect to pin 3 (TXD) on the serial port not DTR as shown in the picture and the other end to
    ground pin 5. resistor is 1K ohms. this is not a long range transmitter you need to hold it very close to the TV at the bottom left hand side and set it to pulse 9 times from winlrc using your pc.

I used winlirc to activate the service menu.
    fyi here is the .cf file used:-

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  7. gazzalfc

gazzalfc Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm having the same problems with this set

I can get to the service menu but when I change the tool option and exit it does not enable the video playback.

My firmware is V3.08.0

Do i need to upgrade and if so what file do i need to use?
  8. IanHC

IanHC Member

Ratings:
    +1
    On the newer version 004 manufactured April 2004, in the manual on page 118 - 121 Appendix, there is a section where you can access the service menus and program them with the RS232 connection to your pc without voiding your warranty. Can also be carried out with a wired remote.
    The manual I have is for the M2362D, but covers all 5 models, including the M2762D. Here is the link for the manual download. If you are daring enough, you could always cover the light sensor with black felt tip ink. !!

LG M2362D Monitor - 23" TV Monitor - LG Electronics UK

PS You will need a USB to RS232 Serial DB9 Adapter Cable, also this website explains about different versions of adapters.

www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232-usb.html
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  9. gazzalfc

gazzalfc Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Any ideas?

Still not working for me
  10. sharpharp

sharpharp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've been waiting since i got this Tv last year, doesn't seem to be much help anywhere to get usb/divx playback. Entering the service meny via PocketPC is fine, but changing any of the settings has no effect. We need a supergeek to crack this one i think...
  11. Haros

Haros Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure you enabled the correct option?

I have entered the menu with the method knob123 posted and now I have divx playback.

Btw what is your firmware version? I have 3.05 on my m2762d but I believe it's not the latest... the problem is that I don't know where to find the latest version :D
  12. mdemetri2

mdemetri2 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi, I have the m2762d, and want like everyone to enable Divx movie playback via the USB quick view. Some seem to have done it by enabling the correct option in the service menu - can someone explain what the method is without using serial adaptors and infrared remotes etc etc.....
    Cheers
  13. quizface

quizface Member

Ratings:
    +2
  14. cygnusx04

cygnusx04 Member

Ratings:
    +35
    are there any audio options in the service menu?

I have lip sync issues and I'm hoping I can add an audio delay via the service menu (the change needs to apply after a power off).

?
  15. NetVicious

NetVicious Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have also de 3.08 firmware on my M2762D. It seems LG blocked the trick in 3.08.

It seems (as Haros) says it works on 3.05 firmware. So we need to get access to the 3.05 firmware file to do a downgrade, enable it and do one upgrade to the last firmware later.

Someone has the 3.05 firmware for the M2762D ?
  16. Haros

Haros Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so, has someone managed to find 3.05 firmware?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  17. NetVicious

NetVicious Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  18. Haros

Haros Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can reconfirm that. I had 3.05 with movie playback enabled. I installed 3.10 and got disabled. I got to the service menu but you cannot change the media player to EMF-PMM.
  19. NetVicious

NetVicious Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly, you could change it but when you exit from the service menu the Tool Option number will rollback to the older one.
  20. Haros

Haros Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't rollback, it just doesn't exist. When I try to change the option with the arrow keys it seems as if no other option exists.

Do you know which is the latest firmware version that has the EMF-PMM option and how to rollback to it?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  21. NetVicious

NetVicious Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you write directly the number Option for the emf-pmm you could see how it changes to emf-pmm, but when you exit the service menu the option changes to the older option number.

For M2762D the 3.05 supports movie playback and the 3.08 not supports it. I don't know if there are more versions between them.

For M2362D the 3.10 supports movie playback and the 3.15 and 3.16 doesn't supports it. I don't know if there are more versions between 3.10 and 3.15.

The M2362D and M2262D shares the same firmware, so the last paragraph applies also to M2262D. For M1962D and M2062D I don't have information.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    0 Model Last firmware with Movie PlayBack support Last firmware version
    1 M1962D
    ¿?​
    ¿?​
    2 M2062D
    ¿?​
    ¿?​
    3 M2262D
    3.10​
    6.21​
    4 M2362D
    3.10​
    6.21​
    5 M2762D
    6.17​
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  22. Haros

Haros Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see. Thanks for the feedback.

Do you know how I can downgrade my firmware to 3.05? The "normal" upgrading way doesn't work for downgrading.
  23. NetVicious

NetVicious Member

Ratings:
    +0
  24. brooks61

brooks61 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Has anybody got a patched 3.10 file that can be used for downgrading my m2262d from 3.14 back to 3.10 as im not much use with hex editor

Cheers Steve
  25. Debian27

Debian27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    How to downgrade firmware for M2762D-PC with 3.14. to 3.05 plss help :)
  26. Debian27

Debian27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    can you tell me ...is it possible to change the font (font size) of text displayed in the movie?
  27. snahmi

snahmi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i have managed to edit -using a hex editor- a dummy (actually it is v.3.10) "3.15" version of the lg 2762 firmware.
    The reason you need 3.15 is that you MUST have -in the usb stick- a firmware with NEWER version number than the one your tv has, in order to enter the upgrade-downgrade menu

I used it to successfully downgrade from 3.10 that i had (with now usb movie suport to 3.05 WITH usb movie suport.!!!!

Place the dummy 3.15 together with the 3.05 firmwares in the root of a blank usb stick
    mount stick on tv
    Turn on tv
    A MENU COMES UP
    CHOOSE 3.05 firmware on the menu that comes up
    Wait until 100%
    When screen goes off (for tv reset) UNMOUNT the stick (otherwise on the next cycle you might end up with the tv upgrading to 3.15)
    Check your firmware now (under menu - setup - diagnostics).

VOILA!
    You have an lg with 3.05 firmware!!!!!!
    :clap:

Now the usb port on the TV can be hacked in order to play movies (EZ adjust method, with the use of a special remote).:devil::devil::devil:

You can find both firmwares at UPLOADING.com

Download 800408_3.05_-M2762D-PZ_IC104_V3.05_5427_2009-11-06.bin for free on uploading.com

Download M2762D-PZ_IC104_V3.15_1FC0_2010-11-06.bin for free on uploading.com

:)
  28. labbolina

labbolina Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I bought recently an LG LD 551.
    Could anybody help me how to enable USB port to playback movies?
    :lease:
  29. labbolina

labbolina Member

Ratings:
    +0
    annexing to the previous thread, my actual sw version is 03.00.12 .
  30. thebug2k5

thebug2k5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This is what i found about M2762D:
    Your can make the hack conecting to the serial port back of the TV-Monitor you need non-standar RS232 cable to do that, you can find it on the last pages of your manual.
    Then connect using Putty, HyperTerminal or any console terminal program, activate local echo so you can see what are you writing.
    ab 0 ff will return the hexadecimal value for Divx option then you increase that value and you will activate USB Divx playback.
    ab 0 134e will activate the USB Divx Playback.
    This only work with firmware 3.05 and don't work with Firmware 3.08 or 3.17, because even if you active the option and the USB icon in Menu change you can't see List of Movies option...
    I do some search into Firmware 3.05 and Firmware 3.17, when you count hexadecimal values for 134D you got 20 concurences on firmware 3.05 and when you do the same on firmware 3.17 you only find 19 concurences, so probably LG team delete some reference to that value and that make that even with the option activate you can't see List Movies under USB on the Menu.
    Any help with this would be apreciate, will be nice to fix this and make that USB Divx playback work with 3.17 firmware...