Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG LZ32RZ55 Flashing Red & Green Standby

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ukez, Apr 24, 2009.

1. ukez

ukez Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Can anyone help?

I sold my mate my 32" LG lcd a few weeks back, today he went to turn it on to find it wouldnt work.

From what i understand the tv sits on standby with a red power light, when he attemps to switch it on out of standby the standby light flashs red & green a few times then goes back to red and does nothing.

I'm gutted, the set was mint when i sold it. Can anyone suggest any advice or input as to what is causing this issue.

I can see other people have had this issue online but i havent managed to establish what the problem is and how to resolve the issue.

HELP !!:lease:
  2. ukez

ukez Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Ok i've establised i need a new power board model number 6871TPT275e PCB (Rev 2.2) 050621 KTH, LDH B12-L02P

These are also found in a 27" LG's and others from what ive been reading. If anyone has an old lg lcd tv which has other problems but the powerboard is working can you let me know please.

I might be able to give you some money for the board :smashin:

I'll give it a few days then i'll look elsewhere..
  3. Gumpy Joe

Gumpy Joe Member

Ratings:
    +29
    How have you established it's the PSU? When was it manufactured? I'm just wondering if this particular model needs a well known mod in the industry..... Got any pictures of it? Google shows nothing........
  4. ukez

ukez Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hiya Gump, It was manufactured March 06... The power standby light sits normal and when you attempt to turn it on it clicks like its about to turn on then switch's back to standby then basically starts flashing.

I've opened it up and at first i couldn't see or smell anything apparent, but when i stripped out the built in power supply, i could see that one of the resistors R835 seems rather dark toward the centre.

As i cant clearly see the colour code of the resistor, i haven't been able to establish its correct resistance and i don't have a service manual for the board to establish what the board number R835 is meant to be.

The resistor could well be working still and i could be wrong, but Ive seen a few cooked resistors in my time and at a glance it certainly looks that way.

That was my conclusion at a glance (although I'm still googling),as alike to be 100% certain .

Try google the mains board number rather than the TV model number it does show these boards as having issues. I've emailed a couple of technicians on an American site regarding this TV and one of the guys said he resolved a similar symptom with a new board.

My temporary conclusion for the moment was firstly due to noticing the suspect resistor. When i mentioned the whole problem to the guys over in the states ref the TV's behaviour with out mentioning the resistor that i had noticed, one of them immediately recognised the issue as being a internal power supply board failing. He then went on to quote the exact power supply board model number as i had earlier copied down from the board i was looking at.

"Thats why I'm thinking its the board"

I'm more than happy to learn about your well known mod, if you wouldn't mind elaborating some more please? I really don't want to be buying a new board for my mate as i already done him a good deal on the set [Although the way things are looking, it doesnt seem that way]. Id like to establish the R835 and check that its still ok before i go down the new board route regardless.

I look forward to your response and input :thumbsup:

Regards
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  5. Gumpy Joe

Gumpy Joe Member

Ratings:
    +29
    This seems like an older LG model than what I thought it was. In that case, it's not what I thought it was.
  6. ukez

ukez Member

Ratings:
    +6

Well im curious now fella, whats the problem that you know of anyway ref the newer models?;)