Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG LM760s

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Fredsalvas, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

I guess someone start a conversation about this subject, but i try to find an answer and i could not see anything.

I bought my LG LM760S and i have some problems with it.

My first tv after a day start turn off and them (maybe 1/2 seconds) turn on again without any move on remote. I thought its tv problem so i change for a new one.

At the same day i received the second brand new TV its start doing the same.
    Im watching Tv and its turns off then on by itself. I have the auto shut off disable.

I already change the power connecting for another 220v and stay at the same.
    After contact LG by mail, they told me to replace the factory settings but they never hear that kind of problem with their TV.

I read more persons have this problem and i need your help with that. I don't know what to do.

Please with someone know what its happening with my TV please help me because its a boring thing and i don't know if this (turn off then on alone) it will damage my brand new LG LM760s

Best regards,

Fred

:lease:
  2. LGFan

LGFan Member

Ratings:
    +39
    its defective, get a new replacement. its not worth figuring out, since its probably the powrsupply in the tv or similar, which you cannot fix anyways.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. dutchguy

dutchguy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I had it but with latest firmware it is gone on mine, at least for5 days.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But i already tried 2 brand new Tv, its strange both Tv had the same problem.

dutchguy do you had exact the same problem?

LGFan you know more persons with this problem, and they chang for the new one and its over? Because its the second tv and don't change anything.

Cheers,

Fred
  5. LGFan

LGFan Member

Ratings:
    +39
    sorry,
    if another person fixes it with just a firmware, it could simply be that you need another firmware update.

try and disable network access and remove that for some hours or one day, maybe its smarttv or tv guide functions through internet making the tv think it needs a reboot to update, and then the update fails.
    some networks (over the air) support firmware updates this way. the premium apps updating on 2011 models did reboot the tv when needed together with regular internet updates, but it normally asks you if needed.
  6. dutchguy

dutchguy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes i had the exact same problem and more dutch people from another forum.
    I don`t know why it does it but since a few days it is not going to restart anymore,most of the time it does it after an hour of 4 and special wait for it but it didn`t happen anymore.

maybe it is your firmware version?is it 03.03.56?
  7. beaker656

beaker656 Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I've the 47LM660t and mine has started power cycling randomly. Just powers off and powers back on. Does it with different inputs, when it's been on for different amounts of time and it has the latest firmware.
    Please not yet another return?
  8. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

my software is 03.03.50 and i ask to Tv make a search and it don't find anything.

So you think if i cut the internet connection for a day it will be ok?
    My tv make a random shut off after a few times, not after 4 hours or something like that. I can't tell after how long it shut off and on. But sometimes with half an hour or less after the first random shut off.

Reagards and thanks all.
  9. dutchguy

dutchguy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    is you tv connected thru a pvr or something with hdmi when it happens?
    i also had problems with blackscreens when watched thru my decoder and i tried another hdmi cable and then it was gone so try to change your cable as it was stuck from mine.

and with the 03.030.50 it was gone already so it is not that fw i think but try to get the 03.03.56 on the lg site and update it with an usb stick.
  10. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes its connected by HDMI. Its happens with my cable box and my ps3. I will try to update my fw with an usb flash and see if can solve the problem.

First i thought its problem with my hdmi cable, because the cable box its not the best cable in market, but my ps3 its connected with a very nice HDMI cable and makes the random shut off too.

Regards,

Fred
  11. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a fw update the problem persist.

The Tv don't stop the random shut off. Damn it.

I don't know what to do more. Im afraid the random shut off damage something on tv.

Opinions?

Fred
  12. dutchguy

dutchguy Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Do u use plex? If so update it to latest release or shut down on your pc and see if it helped.
  13. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i use plex. Last time i update for last release the plea lost connectivity so i install the older version.
    Do you think plex have something to do with random shut off?
  14. kenada09

kenada09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had this problem for a few weeks after i brought my tv aswell as frezzing and loss of dnla connection to windows vista server and plex at random time. I couldnt install nero homemedia on my laptop until a few day ago and after i did i disabled plex and had no problems since.. it is very possible the could be a problem with plex
  15. Fredsalvas

Fredsalvas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i will try to disable plex and see if it helps.
    Stupid think, plex and Lg are partner and the plex program could make this king of random shut off. I really don't understand how its possible a partnership so bad.

Wich kind of really good program (media server) you think its better beside plex?