Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG LM7600 47" 3D LED Cinema: Volume Control

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by GunsNRoses, Jun 14, 2012.

1. GunsNRoses

GunsNRoses Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone,

Is there anyway to control Volume using TV's Magic Motion Remote when TV speakers are set on "External Speakers".. for LG LM7600 2012 model? It is a bit annoying to go back Audio System Remote to lower or up the volume.

Can't LG fix this in Future updates? I mean Smart Share play movie, TV controls everything but Volume.

Thanks.
  2. lgrajn

lgrajn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, One question. I tried connecting my LG LM7600 TV to my Samsung home theater through HDMI (ARC) but, I wasn't able to use the external speakers. Did you use optical cable to connect to your home theater?
  3. GunsNRoses

GunsNRoses Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello..

Pull an Optical out of your TV to your Home Theater IN and it should work when playing movies via SmartShare and set your TV on External Speakers. If you are playing movies via Home Theater (i suppose it is connected to DVD player), than there is no need of sending audio to TV as the player should directly send it to home theater speakers.

I am not using Home Theater, I am connected to PC using the following:

1. PC is connected to HDMI No. 4
    2. Audio/Video Signals transmitted via HDMI
    3. I have connected Optical Cable OUT from TV to IN in Audio System (Bose Cinemate)
    4. I have set my TV on external speaker system, disabled the TV speakers

So when I play movie from PC, or Game, audio and video is transmitted to TV via HDMI where TV decodes the signals to Audio System via Optical Cable. It's impressive and sound Quality is really good. Only issue to go back to Audio System Remote to adjust the volume, instead of TV remote.
  4. dandan360

dandan360 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same question. I have been searching for this for a while, and have yet to find any answer or able to set it up in the settings. I have had a few tvs in my time, and this was a feature on all of them.
  5. barcarole

barcarole New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same question and problem. I'm using LM7600 and LG sound bar. But, I couldn't find a way to control sound bar (actually all I want to is just changing volume) with Magic remote.

I really do love Magic remote. It can mostly replace my ugly Comcast remote. But, I need to hold sound bar remote just to change volume.
  6. GunsNRoses

GunsNRoses Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea this is annoying, it can not be fixed as when TV speakers are set on External Speakers, you have to use the external speaker's remote to control the volume. I also feel big issue but no other choice.

Let's live with it......it may work with an LG home theater system using ARC.