1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG DM2350D and D2342P 3D TV/Monitors

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cabot001, Sep 4, 2011.

1. cabot001

cabot001 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I recently bought the DM2350D 3D TV/Monitor from RicherSounds in Bristol but returned it because of a flaw in 3D mode - there are visible vertical scan-type lines which appear whenever there is movement in the 3D picture. These are also apparent in the D2342P 3D monitor. I was wondering if anyone here has also noticed these lines and if this flaw will be fixed with a software update in the future. I also noticed that if the colour is adjusted in 2D mode, this makes no difference in 3D mode where the colour is too vivid and does not seem to be adjustable. All of this is such a shame as the picture quality in 3D is beautiful. If these two issues are fixed I would certainly buy the TV again.
  2. Google eye

Google eye Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi cabot
    I was thinking of getting one, do you know if they fixed the issue?
    Dave
  3. cabot001

cabot001 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Google Eye,

I do not know if the issue regarding the vertical lines or banding has been fixed - I can clearly see these lines but nobody else seems to be able to! Regarding the ability to adjust settings in 3D mode, I may have been mistaken about this - I think this can be done via the AV button on the remote, which toggles between groups of settings (Standard, Cinema, etc.). I believe LG is bringing out another 23" passive 3D monitor soon, the D237IPS, which may be worth trying out before you make a decision.

Best regards,

David Kear
  4. Google eye

Google eye Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Dave

Yes I decided to go for it as Richer sounds were pricing it at £299.00. I spent some time in the store and tried it out again , I love the 3D effect. In my front room I already have the Samsung ( I can't fully remember the full name but its the 6 series Cystal clear panal. This tv was came out before these new 3D tv's were out. I will srill continue enjoying this 32 inch for normal 2d viewing. I brought the LG bascially just for the 3d effect and for a spare bedroom tv. I was well impressed with this particlar small screen and the 3D effect when the shop let me have a demo.

I have always been fasinated with 3D technolgy ever since when I was a kid i had one of those old viewmasters. Here is a old advert clip on youtube about the classic old viewmaster:

In the last 10 -20 years the TV would occasionally have 3D seasons i.e Doctor Who in 3D and the recent Queen in 3D three part documentry.

The effects were ok but limited , it was never in full colour. Now with the new 3D technolgy its much much better when you see 3D footage in full colour.

I am going to set it up when I get home . I have already contacted SKY to upgrade so I can now enjoy their 3D channel.

I will let you know how I get on.

Dave :)
  5. Gae

Gae Member

Ratings:
    +39
    I've just ordered the D2342P on Express delivery at Play......they are now going for £169....can't resist at that price.

I'm a big 3D fan and have seen a demo of the LG DM2350D in Currys. When I put the glasses on at first, there was no 3D effect and the picture looked jagged. The reason? I was standing above the screen, looking down, and was outside of the viewing angle. I knelt down and slowly the 3D image came into view. I have to say that I was very impressed. The main thing I noticed was that there was no brightness loss, even in the fully lit showroom. The 3D depth was beautifully deep and even had great pop-out. At one point on the LG demo, both a javeline and graphics came out of the screen. There was slight ghosting on the edges but not enough to bother me. Even on my Infocus DLP projector I have seen some ghosting before. The main selling point for me was the fact that the picture brightness and quality of the 3D image looked like a normal 2D tv and like the bigger and more expensive models I had seen. I am coming from a 3D setup using the X3D active shutter glasses with dongle system, viewed on a DLP projector.... technology that is a few years old. I've had some great use with this setup but got a bit fed up with the darkened image, slight flickering, layered effect in page flipping mode and more recently I have started noticing the rainbow effect. This new passive Cinema 3D technology is brighter, better quality, the glasses are light and cheap (no wires to trip over) and it's also 3d Blu-ray compatible. As I'm on a budget and don't need to replace my HD projector and LCD screen, this 23" 3D monitor is perfect for my 3D needs at the moment. It's a great budget model to get in to the new 3D technology.
    Yes I know it's FPR and the resolution is cut in half horizontally but my eyes didn't notice it when i saw the demo. I just saw a great looking 3D image on a monitor at a decent price. After all, if you always think that "this could be better" then you'd never buy anything as there is always something better appearing 6 months down the road. I have been waiting to get into the new home 3D technology and 3D Blu-ray movie scene for two years now. This budget LG model gives me and many others the chance to finally do that without breaking the bank.

I have to admit that I bought the D2342P thinking that it was the LG DM2350D but at a cheaper price. I think the main difference is that the DM2350D has Freeview and so is a bit more expensive. They both use LG Cinema 3D technology and are at 1920 x 1080 res, so I'm assuming that the 3D will look the same on both. Fingers crossed anyway. The monitor arrives tomorrow and I'll give a brief run down on my thoughts after taking a good look at it.

Gae
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  6. Samuel1

Samuel1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I'm considering to buy the LG DM2350D and was wondering how the image looked in 2d and if anyone has tried it out on an xbox 360 ?

Thank you :)
  7. Gae

Gae Member

Ratings:
    +39
    Cabot, I'm having the same problem...just waiting for the retailer to collect it. I didn't notice this effect on the DM2350D monitor though so maybe it's a faulty batch?
    As you said, it's such a shame as the 3D picture is beautiful. No-one could be expected to watch any monitor that has these scan-type lines or juddering problems. It's horrible and possibly even dangerous to people who suffer from epilepsy. When the camera panned in "Resident Evil" I had to close my eyes at one point because I thought my brain would be knocked out of sync it was that bad.

Could it be a sync timing issue? On mine, I noticed a frame delay every time a scene switched as though one side was out of alignment with the other. It's so frustrating. I've waited 2 years to get passive 1080p 3D in the home and now that I have paid my bucks, it doesn't work properly. :mad:

Gae
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  8. othman alakeel

othman alakeel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    whats better the DM2350D or the D2342P the resolution and the 3d effects and the colors and its true that i can watch 3d movies directly from my usb flash in the DM2350D :lease::lease::lease::lease:
  9. othman alakeel

othman alakeel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    whats better the DM2350D or the D2342P the resolution and the 3d effects and the colors and its true that i can watch 3d movies directly from my usb flash in the DM2350D
  10. othman alakeel

othman alakeel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    whats better the DM2350D or the D2342P the resolution and the 3d effects and the colors and its true that i can watch 3d movies directly from my usb flash in the DM2350D
  11. othman alakeel

othman alakeel Member

Ratings:
    +0
  12. othman alakeel

othman alakeel Member

Ratings:
    +0