LG CX OLED TV Owners and Discussion Thread

20210714_185215.jpg
Well she's all boxed up and ready to go back 😢, out of the two tvs I have bought this year the CX definitely edged out the qn95a for me but even having owned only oleds since 2016 the Samsung comes really close !

Unfortunately richer sounds have no more 65 CX in stock so I'm getting a refund and waiting on either the Sony x95j or Panasonic jz2000 reviews to replace my 55 inch C9.

Incidentally the 65 inch CX was noticeably brighter than my c9 but it handled reflections shockingly better.....upon further inspection and having owned the c9 for 3 years I 5 mins ago found this......yep I've had the screen protector on for 3 years , reflections have improved.

Just like to say that after going through a nightmare with John lewis after purchasing the qn95a and having to fight tooth and nail to get a replacement/refund that dealing with richer sounds has been an absolute dream, my return was all done via email and I was never once made to feel like I was doing something wrong for not settling for the TV I bought....even though I have a refund from them they have gained a customer for life in me cannot recommend enough.
20210714_191208.jpg

View attachment 1541952Well she's all boxed up and ready to go back 😢, out of the two tvs I have bought this year the CX definitely edged out the qn95a for me but even having owned only oleds since 2016 the Samsung comes really close !

Unfortunately richer sounds have no more 65 CX in stock so I'm getting a refund and waiting on either the Sony x95j or Panasonic jz2000 reviews to replace my 55 inch C9.

Incidentally the 65 inch CX was noticeably brighter than my c9 but it handled reflections shockingly better.....upon further inspection and having owned the c9 for 3 years I 5 mins ago found this......yep I've had the screen protector on for 3 years , reflections have improved.

Just like to say that after going through a nightmare with John lewis after purchasing the qn95a and having to fight tooth and nail to get a replacement/refund that dealing with richer sounds has been an absolute dream, my return was all done via email and I was never once made to feel like I was doing something wrong for not settling for the TV I bought....even though I have a refund from them they have gained a customer for life in me cannot recommend enough.
View attachment 1541953
Don't the screen Protectors have a big red tab that you pull?! 😅🤔

View attachment 1541952Well she's all boxed up and ready to go back 😢, out of the two tvs I have bought this year the CX definitely edged out the qn95a for me but even having owned only oleds since 2016 the Samsung comes really close !

View attachment 1541953
I’m one of those guys that if it’s possible i’ll keep the plastic protective film on. I’ve always done that. My previous tvs (Sony W705C and XG95) only had it on the frame though and not on the actual screen like the CX. If it weren’t for the ”peel here tab” i probably would have :)

So it looks a lot better today than yesterday but the one dead pixel and the other stuck one still makes me think I can't keep it.

First picture is what it was like new yesterday before any refresh. Picture is awful as the image stabilisation in busted. It did look like that to the eye though.

Second picture is tonight after it ran the mini 4 hour use refresh last night and has been on all day. Picture taken on wifes iPhone at 35 oled light.

How is it looking compared to recent 77s?

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    217 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 72

View attachment 1541953
How are you getting on with the QN95A? I similarly have a bright room, and so I think the obvious choice for me is to go non-OLED.

Last edited:
How are you getting on with the QN95A? I similarly have a bright room, and so I think the obvious choice for me is to go non-OLED.
I was blown away to be honest with the blacks and obviously the extra brightness, the only reason I returned was both tvs had some of the worst dirty screen effect I've ever seen

Last edited:
I was blown away to be honest with the blacks and obviously the extra brightness, the only reason I returned was both tvs had some of the worst dirty screen effect I've ever seen
Unfortunately, and from my own personal experience, when it comes to DSE Samsung is the worst offender.

Last edited:
All depends, some oled panels can be quite horrific, if we take DSE to be anything marring the image e.g tinting issues, vertical banding… I think higher end Samsung display lottery is on a par with LG display panel lottery. Either way if you get a good one you damn well stick with it :laugh:

Last edited:
should be noted that all OLED panels are made by LG regardless of who the TV manufacturer is.

I think it was noted above, now in bold.

the point being that some people might think that if they are buying a Sony, Panasonic or whatever then they might be getting a "better" panel than they would if buying a TV, when in reality they are all getting the same panels all from LG.

quality control may differ between manufacturers though, so Sony might be more likely to reject some panels when others wouldn't.

I think that’s the case as less people are seeing the typical pink tint on the Sony side

I think that’s the case as less people are seeing the typical pink tint on the Sony side

or it might be the different image processing that Sony does, rather than any difference in the physical panel.

i'm personally not a fan of Sony's image processing, having had a couple of Sonys before the LG.

That’s a lot of changes! I wonder what the tweaked home launcher design now looks like?

That’s a lot of changes! I wonder what the tweaked home launcher design now looks like?

only the very last line relates to this new update

2DEE4907-B75E-41DD-84CE-A80C36AEB0B5.jpeg

Replacement panel ordered, richer sounds said the engineer will come out fist to diagnose the issue then again to fix it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom