LG C6 TV Owners and Discussion Thread Part 3

You know what you guys are actually quite lucky having yours replaced or a voucher to go towards a new one. I've had my C6V 65" for 4 years now & its still got a great picture with not one bit of screen burn. I would love to have a 65" C1 but I cant do anything while my C6 is still working fine..:(

I am glad I got the voucher and new TV but the C6 was a quality bit of kit. The 3D as you know is amazing. Didn’t use it too often but did now and then.

I sent it in knowing I was 4.5 years in to my warranty. Could have had it done 6 months ago but figured I’d eke it out a bit.

I mean I looked after mine. We were both always very aware of what was on the screen. Didn’t baby sit it but definitely didn’t leave logos on a particularly long time.

The only hint of it we had was just the faintest shadow on Netflix logo on a red slide which even then could hardly be seen. Most definitely wouldn’t be able to see it on anything else.

Funny thing, that logo isn’t even on the screen very long in Netflix. Went in to see which one it was and when it was on. We do have the OLED light quite high though as it’s quite a bright room during the day.

I've still got mine, haven't got round to selling it and if I had the room for it somewhere else in the house I'd be tempted to keep it. There are some vertical lines visible occasionally, but otherwise the picture is still great.

I always planned on setting up my PS3 to try some 3D games like Arkham City and Killzone 3, but never did. I might move it to the garage while I have a think about its future...

I've still got mine, haven't got round to selling it and if I had the room for it somewhere else in the house I'd be tempted to keep it. There are some vertical lines visible occasionally, but otherwise the picture is still great.

I always planned on setting up my PS3 to try some 3D games like Arkham City and Killzone 3, but never did. I might move it to the garage while I have a think about its future...
I've done Battlefield 1 in the 3D setting. It gave everything a little more depth but didn't make it proper 3D (that would be terryfing!) it also increased the overall brightness which helped with my deteriorating eyesight....

They will write it off and give you a voucher for a TV that is of level spec to yours so in your case (assuming 55” as they don’t have 65” CX’s) it’ll likely be a voucher for £1099 which is the current cost of the A1 and CX.

Make sure to order the CX soon though if / when they write it off as I can’t believe they’ll be around too much longer but who knows.

They tried giving me a voucher for the value of the 65A1 but I opened a case as it wasn’t of equal spec due to the A1 being 60hz when the C6 can technically go to 120hz so they bumped the voucher up to the cost of a B1.

Is that definitely the case?

Rang their "know how" team today, and spoke to a very friendly chap named Chris.
He was able to get into my case, and it's been sent for write off.
It's with the insurance company now (think he said Care Plan?) and the girl he was talking to (he rang them while I was on hold) said they're just waiting on write-off approval before issuing the voucher.
I thought the voucher would be for the price I paid. I got it for €1610 back in 2017 during a clearance sale. Not gonna get much of a 65" OLED for that these days!
My local store sold their last 65CX today, so the CX is gone locally and online.
They have the 65BX locally for €1799, which I think is 120Hz, so that's probably what they'll go for.

I wonder if I could make the case of it's a C model tv so should be replaced with a C model tv?
Although I can't see them giving me a €2900 voucher!

Is that definitely the case?

Rang their "know how" team today, and spoke to a very friendly chap named Chris.
He was able to get into my case, and it's been sent for write off.
It's with the insurance company now (think he said Care Plan?) and the girl he was talking to (he rang them while I was on hold) said they're just waiting on write-off approval before issuing the voucher.
I thought the voucher would be for the price I paid. I got it for €1610 back in 2017 during a clearance sale. Not gonna get much of a 65" OLED for that these days!
My local store sold their last 65CX today, so the CX is gone locally and online.
They have the 65BX locally for €1799, which I think is 120Hz, so that's probably what they'll go for.

I wonder if I could make the case of it's a C model tv so should be replaced with a C model tv?
Although I can't see them giving me a €2900 voucher!
The prices I mentioned were when I wrongly assumed 55”.

They only have to make sure you have enough money to get a comparable replacement TV. It will also likely depend on the person you get who reviews it.

For me they went lowest LG 65” they could find which was A1. As I mentioned I argued as it definitely wasn’t same spec. I spoke to the guy on the phone after he’d bumped it to B1 money and tried to argue it should be the C1 as the C line is what I had and they have higher luminance panels but he said as it can’t be quantified in the specs, he couldn’t go higher as the B1 matched the on paper spec.

If they’d have just given me what I paid, I’d have got back somewhere around £2500 which would have been nice!

I mean I’d still try to argue it. Can’t hurt and only took a day. Also there’s been a few 10% codes recently to drop the price down so might get lucky and be able to grab a C1 anyway.

Alternatively if you fall a little short of a C1, you could always pay the small difference and get a C1 anyway.

Largely depends who you get dealing with your case. Just gave my example as it was very recent for a same generation TV.

Edit: Just reread and saw you said BX! Ok I have no idea then. If they go with that, yeah try and argue for a C1. Is that BX available online for home delivery? If not, I doubt they’d go for it.

So basically I need to try find some spec(s) on my C6 that outperforms the B1 spec, and use that as a spec to beat him with?
Unfortunately in my case, the B1 is out of stock but the BX is in stock. Would gladly take the value of the B1 and pay the extra for the C1.
If they offer the BX, maybe argue it’s last year’s model and won’t be supported as long or something?!
Edit: No, the BX is local store only. Not available online. The only options available online are the A1 and the C1.

Last edited:
And still waiting!

So it's 4 weeks ago today that I dropped the tv in for repair with Curry's.
According to Curry's, It was sent for write off approval on August 6th, and then nothing.
Been chasing them pretty much daily since then (won't bore you all will the circles I've gone around in!).
Yesterday I managed to get onto a lovely chap named Charles in Newark (hello Charles if you frequent these boards).
He put me on hold and was able to talk to some that doesn't work directly for the write off team, but is associated with them.
He was able to tell Charles that it's definitely human error as the write off was approved on August 6th, but the person involved never finished out the process! So it's sitting on someone's desk somewhere waiting to be finalised, and I'm without my tv for 4 weeks now!
Of course, this could be another false dawn.
But to say I'm frustrated is an understatement!

Got a firmware update Monday i think i will have to go check what it was, but you guys probably have it anyway it was ota.

Just minor software improvements, nothing new or changed

And still waiting!

So it's 4 weeks ago today that I dropped the tv in for repair with Curry's.
According to Curry's, It was sent for write off approval on August 6th, and then nothing.
Been chasing them pretty much daily since then (won't bore you all will the circles I've gone around in!).
Yesterday I managed to get onto a lovely chap named Charles in Newark (hello Charles if you frequent these boards).
He put me on hold and was able to talk to some that doesn't work directly for the write off team, but is associated with them.
He was able to tell Charles that it's definitely human error as the write off was approved on August 6th, but the person involved never finished out the process! So it's sitting on someone's desk somewhere waiting to be finalised, and I'm without my tv for 4 weeks now!
Of course, this could be another false dawn.
But to say I'm frustrated is an understatement!

And still! :facepalm:

We had quite a wait for a repair to a faulty chromebook (just over a month), we didn't hear anything from them, in the end we managed to get in touch and they said it couldn't be repaired and gave us a voucher to replace it. Not great communication at all, which is a shame as my local shop is pretty good on the whole. I don't think their repair website has a contact number, but maybe you should try your local shop and see if they can find anything out.

Yeah I’d be looking to maybe escalate it at this point. Especially considering it looks like they’ve probably already made the decision on it judging from your other conversations.

Yeah, it's been written off since August 6th, but hasn't progressed further from there!
It's an absolute sh*tshow.

Got a call for the first time this morning trying to explain things.
As it stands, there's been a voucher issued, but no value assigned to it!
So a new voucher has to be issued, which can take up to another 72 hours!
Such a balls.

Only comfort is there's pretty much zero stock of anything I'm looking for (C1, G1, Sony A80J), so not really in a position to use the vouher.
Can they refund me the voucher value if they don't have stock of what I'm looking for? There's another retailer a few doors up from them that has everything in stock at the minute.

Yeah, it's been written off since August 6th, but hasn't progressed further from there!
It's an absolute sh*tshow.

Got a call for the first time this morning trying to explain things.
As it stands, there's been a voucher issued, but no value assigned to it!
So a new voucher has to be issued, which can take up to another 72 hours!
Such a balls.

Only comfort is there's pretty much zero stock of anything I'm looking for (C1, G1, Sony A80J), so not really in a position to use the vouher.
Can they refund me the voucher value if they don't have stock of what I'm looking for? There's another retailer a few doors up from them that has everything in stock at the minute.

Are the A1 & B1 in stock?

If so they might do the A1 which you’d have to argue and take another few days. They were pretty good though. Came back to me the very next day. New voucher to bump up the price was a separate voucher of £200.

If the model they deem a comparable model is in stock they wouldn’t refund you I shouldn’t think but you never know.

The only one that's in stock locally is the C1. Also available for delivery.
The A1 is only available for delivery, but that's another 5-7 days on top of my current wait!
The B1 isn't availble locally or for delivery.

Would really like to think they'd not expect me to wait another week for delivery. If nothing else than as a courtesy gesture seeing as I've been messed around all this time.

Nearly there!

Got a call today to say that my voucher had been approved for 2399, but unfortunately they made it out to Sterling instead of Euro!
But €2399 is the current price of the C1, so that’s what they’re comparing my tv to! Excellent!
Plus it’s actually in stock, so no waiting for delivery!
If I can be so bold as to have little moan, if they’d done this last week, the tv would’ve been €2899, so my voucher would’ve been more. Or maybe they’d have compared it to the B1.

Anyways, the finish line is in sight! Woohoo!!

Random Over the air Update today for the C6, 05.60.05

No idea what it does

Nearly there!

Got a call today to say that my voucher had been approved for 2399, but unfortunately they made it out to Sterling instead of Euro!
But €2399 is the current price of the C1, so that’s what they’re comparing my tv to! Excellent!
Plus it’s actually in stock, so no waiting for delivery!
If I can be so bold as to have little moan, if they’d done this last week, the tv would’ve been €2899, so my voucher would’ve been more. Or maybe they’d have compared it to the B1.

Anyways, the finish line is in sight! Woohoo!!

Finally got my voucher and my tv!

Disaster of a runaround, but sorted in the end!

Really enjoyed my C6, so here’s to the C1 being more impressive!

Last edited:
Hi Guys not been on for a while but has anyone found update 05.60.15 made the volume lower?

Ah least I’m not alone. Let’s hope they fix it in another update.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help. My folks bought an lg C6 in 2017 the whole screen now has an extreme green tint, trouble is my dad lost the receipt! It came from Currys with a 5 year warranty, we know it’s just about still in that warranty but Currys have no record of it.
Lg have palmed my dad off saying that no replacement screen is available for the foreseeable future…

Attachments

• 0B19FAE9-C950-4126-9E06-2116BF995D66.jpeg
    0B19FAE9-C950-4126-9E06-2116BF995D66.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 40
So in the end I kept the C6 and managed to find room in another part of the house. Result

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom