LG 55EC930V OLED TV

The same one that somehow calibrated out some yellowing on the side of his set?
The same one who also isn't a calibrator?
It's hilarious

Yes the very same owner who previously defended the 980 with a zeal to match that which he currently deploys in favour of the 9300.... Now he slags off the 980 as not being fit for purpose - simply unreal.
I guess the 9300 will suffer the same fate once he gets something else...

I need more reviews :)

The same one that somehow calibrated out some yellowing on the side of his set?

there are no settings for that so it is impossible :)
you can only change RGB for the whole screen not single areas.

the best thing you can do is to get a mean white ballance covering the whole screen
but then you need to measure multiply points all over.

like this cheap setup ;)
DSC00694edit.jpg

if LG could implement new adjustments like the 20 point white ballance settings but instead covering the whole screen area in small steps.
that would be something!
with such settings you could get a complete uniform white screen and near black screen with no color tint and no brightness changes.

READ THIS LG AND TAKE NOTE! :)

whats strange with these sets is that its only the grayscale that is uneven NOT the colors.
put up some fullscreen fields with just colors and you will see that they are complete uniform.

so the screen itself isnt uneven.
it must be software related and how the white subpixels are driven.

Edit: there are 1024 step adjustments for panel gamma in the service menu.
but i haven't figured it out how to get them to work yet.
they are probably not for adjusting the screen area only for different IREs.
but you never know ;)

still it takes a colormeter to get it right.

Last edited:
I've seen more pics of yellowing on the 9300 vs the 9800
I've seen left hand yellowing on the 9800 only but all over the screen on the 9300

Many posters have claimed perfect grayscale, but I have yet to see any pics
Other members claim the same grayscale uniformity issues like the 9800, and I have seen some of those pics
Maybe people just post on the bad

I wonder how the EA880 (2013) compares to the 55EC930 (2014) model. Seems the EA880 had the best build quality when compared to the EA9800 (1st gen 2013 model) when it came to sub pixels and life expectancy due to what seems like better uniformity and pixel structure on the 8800, and motion according to user PatrikG. Is the EC9300 better at handling motion than the EA880 which seemed better than the EA980. Seems the EA980 had some issues with motion, burn in and dead pixels. Any input would be appreciated. Im looking at getting the EA8800 (US model) over the EC9300 due to the EA8800 being flat and comes with the nice gallery speakers and possibly better build quality. Or is it too early to adopt one of these bad boys? The 65EC9700 is way to expensive for me, maybe 3-4 years from now but its for a bedroom also and unless a 60'' is released the 55" is perfect. I have a 60ZT60 but don't think ill miss the 5".
Thank you for your time

i have not seen the 930V yet and i dont need to.
im already extremely happy with the 880W so no need to change it for a curved 930V with unknown issues.

the motion is better/more fluid than on the KRP-500A so that should say something.

all i can say is that you will not be disappointed with the 880W if you choose it.
im picky as few trust me.
just stay away from slides and you will witness the best picture in the world on a flat tv.

check here again in March next year.
thats when im going to look for dead pixels ;)

Edit: some seems to have problems with scrolling horizontal text on the 930v
its super smooth here all the time.
im Using Tru Motion with User settings at 0/0 = 600 lines of motion
and no artifacts on any FOX logos either.
i checked that yesterday.

to me it sounds like the 930V has worse motion than the 980W and 880Ws
but i think you need to wait for a few reviews to test it.

Last edited:
I've never had motion issues on my 980, other than random skipping of scrolling text(at the bottom, like on cnn)

Patrik why wouldn't you want to play slides on it? What's wrong with that? I did it for my plasmas...I don't see the point for an OLED, and began to think what was the point on the plasmas besides checking uniformity, IR, or pixels.

So no issues with IR/burn in or pixels? Sounds like at 3200$ the 8800 is the biggest steal of all time besides getting a 65VT60 for 1999$ brand new when they were around in the US.

Glad your happy with your set man seems like a beast. But unfortunately people still want LED and it will always be the popular choice amongst most consumers. But oh well for us we get to be in PQ heaven ;).

The reason to avoid slides is so that you don't go crazy by becoming anally retentive and OCD looking for flaws. ;)

How is the pq compared to hu8505 in a semi dummed livingroom? :)

Price is the same, so wondering if i should exhange my hu8505 for the oled.

2k for the ec930 here now so :) thats incredible value

So im jumping back in to the oled race :)... 1k down is incredible value.

6mnt free netflix included aswell.

Last edited:
The reason to avoid slides is so that you don't go crazy by becoming anally retentive and OCD looking for flaws. ;)

Well said
Thats the only reason.
Colors has no uniformity problems as from the tests i did on the 880W
But the grayscale has. (Only on testpatterns)

For regular content these even colors saves these oleds from becoming a total mess.
If this uneven grayscale was on a RGB Oled the colors should be uneven in the same way.
So dont look for grayscale problems on test patterns as they are not representating the picture quality you get on regular content.
These WRGB Oleds seems to be driven much different from a traditional RGB panel (Samsung Oled)

"Sometimes"
Go and watch it live instead.
I think you can make up your mind quite fast if you want it or not.

Last edited:
Thought i wait for 4k oled but at 2k its stupid not to buy one.... :)

And yes i will use sliders ;)

Great price!
If i didnt own the 880W already i would have bought one right away.

Slides are the kiss of death for any panel, in my opinion ;)

Just read that 2k is the set sale price on it so its no week deal.
Will wait sum to jump in as i would love to read 2 upcomming reviews first. But happy times.

:smashin: Will do.

Still waiting for a price in the UK. I'd imagine it'll be a lot more than £1800:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom