LG 55EC930V OLED TV

No worries, it has already been announced in several countries (France, Italy) and here's even the german product page, see LG 3D TV Curved OLED 55EC930V | LG Deutschland
Should be available after the IFA in September, maybe even earlier.

EDIT:

The spanish site lists all of the upcoming LG OLED TVs, including all three 4K OLED TVs, see OLED TV | Más colores. Más imagen | LG España
Guess it's now confirmed that the 55/65EC970(0) 4K OLED will have a more normal stand instead of the Leaf stand.

Last edited:
@Yappa
Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:
I have been having a bit of an email saga with LG NL as they denied the EC series of TVs exists (even trying to tell me that the EA series is the new TV). Their last message was that the 55EC930V will not be on sale in Benelux. I had checked out other EU LG sites to see what they had. Only the Spanish showed it but when I checked a day or two ago there was nothing on the German site. Nice to see it has the TV up in lights now. :clap:

I am afraid it does have the leaf/ribbon stand, not the crystal stand. Sorry, misread your previous message. :blush:

Last edited:
Stunning designs :) no more plastic looking tvs

This picture of the 9300 has been posted by Robert Zohn of Value Electronics, as they prepare for the TV shootout this weekend...

imagejpg1.jpg

My goodness, but it's beautiful.

EDIT: notice that the curve looks less pronounced on this than with the 9800. Wonder if it's an optical illusion, or, if not, whether this'll also be the case with the 65" and 77" sets.

Desk

Last edited:
Will be hard to resist that tv... o_O

This picture of the 9300 has been posted by Robert Zohn of Value Electronics, as they prepare for the TV shootout this weekend...
EDIT: notice that the curve looks less pronounced on this than with the 9800. Wonder if it's an optical illusion, or, if not, whether this'll also be the case with the 65" and 77" sets.
Desk
Probably the best TV there but I have this feeling that it won't win the shootout.

Probably the best TV there but I have this feeling that it won't win the shootout.

Agree they will hate the curve and the motion of the Oled :)

No... I was thinking more along the lines that there will be a plasma in the line-up. So that will be alright then! :eek:

I also wonder if an OLED will win. It does strike me that, when a brand new technology emerges, there is a reluctance among some of the cognoscenti to embrace the new, and let go of something they've understandably cherished for years. Here's hoping it's a completely impartial judgement led by the head, not the heart.

I've never owned a plasma, LCD or OLED, so perhaps I should be judging. :)

And Vak, as far as motion goes, we don't yet know what difference this '1500Hz effective' rate LG is boasting for the Gen 2 sets will have, and if the expected increased brightness perhaps allows for black frame insertion. At the very least, I expect the OLED to be as good, if not some way better, than the LCD sets.

It will be interesting, though.

Desk

imagejpg1.jpg

Desk

IS that defo the 9300?
They must have a different stand in the USA

IS that defo the 9300?
They must have a different stand in the USA
Well spotted.

Zohn has definitely identified it as the 9300, but, as you say, it has that 'leaf' stand that the 77" in Europe appears to be coming with, while the 55" and 65" appears to come with a circular base.

EDIT: Ah, yes, sorry... It appears that only the 65" comes with a circular stand.

EDIT 2: Ironically, Yappa, it was the Spanish LG site I was referring to. However, I only looked at my cropped picture, and not the one with the 55" set in it. Have to say, the circular base is another tick in favour of the 65".

Desk

Last edited:
Take a look at the spanish site. Our 55EC930V will have exactly the same leaf stand as the 77" 4K model.

My view on the 'shoot-out' is that it should be representative of how the majority of people view their TVs. My guess is that only a small percentage of viewers view in the dark. ;) Have a shoot out for those people who view in the dark by all means, but there should be a 'shoot-out' relevant to the majority (my guess) of viewers who view their TVs in a normally lit room.

I don't have any idea what the percentage breakdown of View-light to View-dark is so cut me some slack. :laugh:

Patrik g, as far as i can remember the Panasonic VT/ZT can resolve 1080 lines of motion resolution, its better at motion than the KRP is.

Ambientlight and daytime viewing Hides the following if thats what you mean:

Raised Blacklevel with low contrast ratio
DSE (dirty screen effect)
Uneven brightness near black
Lack of Details/Colors near black.

Thats why LCD tvs looks ok in daytime.
Turn off the lights and all off the above shows up.
I wouldn't agree with the DSE in daytime as I find it's actually worse on my Samsung then, the rest of the comments is why we always have a dim lamp on :) it always helps on the eyes with constant light and dark content anyway (even with backlight quite low).

These motion resolution figures are a bit of a con, don't get hung up on them. It's quite possible for a TV with a lower motion res to look better due to the way the picture is generated.

Well we gnna get the run down of the 930 tomorrow when the top calibrators gets the tv shootout going :)

I got a bit lost last night in all the different tv numbers.

But, of i understand it well, this ec9300 is the new oled. And the ea980 was last years.

But the 9300 will cost 3500. $ but the ea980 is still 6000 +-.

What am i missing? Is the ea980 still the better TV? Specwise, and pq.

The EA isn't 6000. In Dollars, it's 3200

Interesting bit of info on US vs UK prices.

Imports from South Korea to the European Union attract no import duty.
I think LG have a final assembly plant within the EU and that obviously doesn't attract duty either.

So, the only reason the prices should be different is the US prices are quoted tax free (because each State is different).

I'd say there's zero chance of price parity though.

lill worrying qvote :)

Another performance drawback I noticed is what appeared to be "burn-in," which refers to ghost-like leftover shapes from previous content. In other words, I would exit a menu screen only to see a momentary trace of its former shape over top of new content. This effect can be distracting at first, but will fade over time. Just be warned that it may really bother you for the first 12-24 hours of use. The burn in on my sample eventually lessened in severity over time, but it took many days before it became undetectable to the naked eye.

lill worrying qvote :)

Another performance drawback I noticed is what appeared to be "burn-in," which refers to ghost-like leftover shapes from previous content. In other words, I would exit a menu screen only to see a momentary trace of its former shape over top of new content. This effect can be distracting at first, but will fade over time. Just be warned that it may really bother you for the first 12-24 hours of use. The burn in on my sample eventually lessened in severity over time, but it took many days before it became undetectable to the naked eye.

Not an issue that I have seen on either of my EA980s...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom