LG 50PV350T Owners Thread

Where did you get it for £470 mate? - I had it up against the Panasonic TX-P50U30B in PC world and thought it was superior - although not the best demonstration environment ive been in.....:eek:

Ken

Ken your inbox is full.

Ken your inbox is full.

Sorry mate ive now deleted some emails!! - thanks for the links

I'm after a bigger warranty than a year so will do some more fishing :D

Ken

Don't suppose you could PM me too could you mate I have been looking at this TV for a few weeks now!

Cheers

PM sent mate :smashin:

Mine gets delivered tmoz due to a deal I simply could not miss :p

I just hope it can beat my trusty 13 year old Toshiba 33 inch 4:3 CRT :rolleyes:

Ken

Last edited:
PM sent mate :smashin:

Mine gets delivered tmoz due to a deal I simply could not miss :p

I just hope it can beat my trusty 13 year old Toshiba 33 inch 4:3 CRT :rolleyes:

Ken

What deal did ya find Ken ?

Thanks mate - will let you know if all is ok :thumbsup:

Got this TV yesterday and am initially very impressed with it :smashin:

Standard Definition is very good through Virgin Media's Tivo box - but it obviously shines with HD going through it - its a sinch to set up

I have yet to pipe it up to bluray yet but can only imagine it will look stunning

Dont be put off looking at it in your local comet store - they are clueless setting these screens up!

Great tv for silly money :thumbsup:

Ken

Currys and Comet currently have it around 529 would be interested to hear of any better deals available, PM me!

PM me too please - best Ive found is £480 delivered at mo

PM me too please - best Ive found is £480 delivered at mo

£480 delivered is a good price - all vouchers codes seemed to have expired now

Ken

Got a 42" HD-Ready LG Plasma and there is noticeable posterisation/solarisation (not sure correct term but you can often see distinct bands of colours instead of smooth gradients).

Can anyone see this problem with this set? Thinking of upgrading.

OK, received TV on Monday (thanks Amazon for very quick delivery and price of £549.99). I will give a quick first impression, then a more detailed appraisal after a few weeks of use.

Looks and design - 9/10
Picture quality - HD - 9/10, SD - 7/10
Sound - 5/10 - sorry, sound is crap
Ease of use - 7/10
Value for money - 8/10

One big design flaw - both HDMI ports should be on the back. One is on the side - right next to the USB port. Guess what - my USB flash drive rubs and bends against the HDMI cable. So, I either have to take out the cable every time I want to use the flash drive - OR - purchase a HDMI signal box with an extra cable.

Why can't giant manufacturers like LG work out that you need a decent gap between ports? Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Use a usb extension lead. You can get them in poundland.

Debating buying one of these on payday, amazon seems to be cheapest at £495.37 delivered, anyone seen a better deal?
It'll be my first HD tv by the way, getting rid of the old CRT finally :D

Debating buying one of these on payday, amazon seems to be cheapest at £495.37 delivered, anyone seen a better deal?
It'll be my first HD tv by the way, getting rid of the old CRT finally :D

Its a great tv mate - I preffered it to the Panasonic and judging by the posts on this forum regarding Panasonic issues - go for it

I too went from a 33inch toshiba CRT (superb tv) and im chuffed with it :thumbsup:

Ken

Got a 28" hitachi CRT and it's superb for what it is, but I just want more size and quality. And seeing as I have to give up my early 20's drinking habits (working nights on the weekends) I figured I'd have a nice tv to watch instead ;)

Roll on payday I suppose! :D

I just made the jump and bought one of these from Amazon as well. Looking forward to getting it set up!

£450 in asda, as i discovered the same day i bought mine at richer sounds for £499.95. However i did get a 5yr warranty for 49.95- full money back if unused

£450 in asda, as i discovered the same day i bought mine at richer sounds for £499.95. However i did get a 5yr warranty for 49.95- full money back if unused

Link?

Last edited:
I too am thinking of a change whats it like compaired to the Panasonic TX-P50v10B I have at the moment ???
I get a humming on start up and really fancy a change, The panny has freesat but with SkyHD no need.
Like the idea of usb and the thickness as I have wall mounted mine as in my othe posts

http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-cinema-building-diy/811362-mistere-set-up-wip-so-far.html

So any links to a good deal ???

I have not seen your Panasonic TX-P50v10B but a quick google suggests its a nice spec - I did have the LG against a Panasonic TX-P50U30B side by side and could not for the life of me get the Panasonic to look better than the LG - okay it was in PC World - not the best demonstration but they left me alone for an hour with the remotes.

My only critisism is that the sound quality is a bit tinny but with an AV system connected you will be fine

I got it from Richer sounds for £450 with a 5 year warranty - but that was due to a cock up from them and the reason for the good price

Ken

Last edited:
Okay - my 50PV350T was delivered on Friday.

I'll give my first impressions, all wrapped up in fact I got it for just under £500 from Amazon. I don't think I'll say anything new, but it might add a little weight to someones purchasing decision :)

Picture quality - top notch as far as I can tell. I'm sure spending another £1000 would improve it, but I'm not going to do that so it's irrelevant really. Image retention - the old stories about IR and screen burn scared me off from plasmas a little, but now I have one, I don't see it as much of an issue. There is some slight IR - especially if I'm looking at the Windows 7 display from my HTPC, but it disappears very quickly once it has some movement across it. I am being gentle with the brightness, but I don't think i'd want the screen much brighter anyhow. I am going to let it settle for the few hundred hours people talk about on here, and then "calibrate" by eye properly. I've seen the little green dots some people have talked about, but only when sitting about 15" from the screen, not a normal viewing position!

Only two HDMI ports. I could see this being a big problem for some people. Previously I'd have had the opinion that people with a 50" screen would always have a 'proper' AV receiver set up, but at the price these TV's are now, I don't think that can be assumed as a given.

Sound - I only know this as I flicked through the Freeview HD bits when I was setting it up, it's Okay. Certainly bearable. What do people want from two little speakers stuffed into a flat box?

Menu's and UI - Again, I do nearly everything via my AV receiver, so this is almost redundant. However, I actually like the menu's quite a bit, they're clear and things are fairly obviously labeled.

My main complaint about the TV is the lack of a proper printed manual. The full manual comes on a CD-ROM. I know this is the way many things are going, but I still find it irritating! In the end I downloaded it from the LG website to Dropbox, and then sent the PDF to iBooks on my iPad. A slight abuse of technology in order to replace something as simple as a bit of printed paper.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom