Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 47LM620T or Viera TX-L47ET5B or Philips 47PFL4007T/12 or Samsung UE46ES5500

Discussion in 'Which TV Should I Buy?' started by shin25, Nov 27, 2012.

1. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Experts/Gurus.

Could some one please let me know which model to buy amongst the following, I am not a tv techno freak but looking for good HD/Gaming and 3D( would be nice to have)

LG 47LM620T or Panasonic Viera TX-L47ET5B or Philips 47PFL4007T/12 or Samsung UE46ES5500

Saw LG (3D) and was amazing but their HD quality wasnt that good not sure if the display @ John Lewis was not right? I saw in forums that LG's HD quality is not good as compared to Samsung? Is it still the case?
    Could some one please help me decide?

Regards,
  2. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any Replies please?
  3. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,410
    Id consider Samsung or Panasonic plasma.
  4. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scooby
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply. The Panasonic model I just quoted is an LED one? I was looking at the dams price range ~750£
    in HDTV and 3d which models r generally better panny or lg?
  5. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    Got reviews of the panasonic and Samsung in the review section and about 100 pages of feedback on the LG in the main LCD forum. Philips an unknown entity
  6. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vickster,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Much appreciated. I did check the forums before I put this post, most of the replies were based around a specific featire of the TV.
    Can I please request your advice on HD and 3D quality which is better Panny or LG?

Thanks again for taking time to respond to this query.

Much appreciated.
  7. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,410
    LCD wise Im not best placed to advise, many rave about 3D on the LGs yet in general the Pany has higher praise for all round ability. This is going by what I read on here though.

What I do know is I prefer plasma for many reasons, but its down to the individual.
    As with plasma v LCD, active v passive 3D is largely down to preference.
    Though LCD wise passive 3D IMO is best as LCDs simply don't update fast enough for active 3D. There's Paris and cons to both passive and plasma based active that need to be considered and to do that you need to ideally demi relevant sets.

You need to consider your environment, your uses for the set, how big a set you want at what budget, with what features and and what level of PQ.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scooby,

Thanks again for taking time to respond very promptly. Much appreciated.
    If I am looking at only LED options and the 3D I saw (demo cd) on LG was very attractive but HD on LG wasn't that great as compared to Panny. Not sure if it got to do with the settings @ john Lewis.
    All i am looking for is HD clarity/Gaming/ 3D (3D is lower down the order in preference) and not too shiny view in broad day light as my TV would be placed very close to the window. Amongst LG and Panny (assuming samsung is more or less same compared to LG and panny and it also does not offer 3D for the range I am looking at) which one would you suggest?

Regards,
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  9. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
  10. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vickster,
    reviews do not have review for LG 620T model.? its only got for Panny.
    If you were to choose between Panny and LG (the models listed above) which one would you choose?

Regards
  11. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    Panasonic purely on brand perception and build quality. However, I have no interest in 3d and as I watch sport, I'd likely choose a plasma if there was a set that suited

There is a review of the Samsung or have you dropped that?
  12. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vickster,

I have ordered Panasonic "TX-L47ET5B" as you had recommened on being the brand for build quality. I choose LED as I would be wanting to play games on that as well.
    Today I saw 3D on LG --47LM620T and it was astonishing. I asked the person at JL to run the same LG demo of 3D on Panasonic and it wasnt that good. I also checked and compared 3D on KDL46HX753BU and it looked bad either (it was active).
    Could you please help me decide. I can cancel my panasonic order and go for ither LG or sony. Please advice.

LG 47LM620T (astounding 3D) not sure how it compares on HD with Panny or Sony
    Sony KDL46HX753BU crisp clarity
    Panasonic TX-L47ET5B (I have already ordered this, not sure why the 3D was bad on this ?
  13. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,410
    With LCD Id go passive, active isn't great on LCD IMO. Don't be worried about gaming on plasma, Im playing BO2 on mine and its fantastic.:)
  14. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scooby
    I ordered for panny led and not plasma
    Was confused. Looking at 3 d between panny ang lg even after playing the same demo cd of lg for 3d on both panny and lg sets
    Are panny bad on passive 3d compared to lg?
    If lg is good with hd then I will try to change my order and buy a lg lmt620t instead of panny vierra I just ordered.
    Appreciate early response as I need to amend order today

Ta
  15. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,410
    Sorry for my last post was late/early and thought it was another thread.:facepalm:

Active on LCD isn't great as LCD doesn't update quick enough and the result I've seen(don't know if its what you mean) was bad crosstalk.

Panel wise I believe LG provide them for Panasonic(Id look into this), so the difference is in the processing side of things, afraid I can't help any more than that as I haven't seen either set long enough to advise. Just go with what's best for your needs, lag, motion etc, Id look into it for you normally(search reviews etc) but I just don't have the time at the moment.
  16. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Scooby,
    Thanks a lot for a prompt response. I will wait for your opinions till evening before I have to let JL know if I need to go with Viera TX-L47ET5B (LED/3d -Passive) or should I just modify my order to LG 47LM620T (Passive 3d). If the build quality and HD of LG is equivalent to Panny I can change my order to buy LG and if the 3D in Panny is cpomparable to LG (which I did not notice not sure if the demo 3d disc of LG only works for LG and not good with Panny) then I can stick with Panny itself.
    Will wait for your opinions
  17. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,410
    Best to seek advice of others with experience of the sets, Id not be able to get back to you in time. Barely have time to mod at the moment.;)...Vicksters your girl if she's about.:D
  18. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    There's a review of the Panasonic in the review section and many pages of owner feedback for both
    I don't give 2 hoots about 3d but all things being equal I would always buy Panasonic over lg myself. I may have said this all before?
  19. rchads89

rchads89 Active Member

Ratings:
    +269
    I currently own a ET5B if its gaming you want the tv for and a good 3d experience. Then yes it's a great choice and you will be very happy with it!
  20. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks rchads89 for yoru reply. It helps.
    I have ordered 47et5B and when I saw the 3D exp compared to LG (47LM620T - it was an LG demo 3d) on Panny, I could see the marked difference. Not sure if it got to do with the settings or does LG really have better quality 3D. It looked pretty alive on LG

Opinions please
  21. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    Who have you ordered from? If online, you have 7 days to return just keep all the packaging in tact
    JL have very good returns too if you perceive a fault with the TV . Is 3d the main use for the TV as you said in the first post that the LG looked less good for HD? JL will set TVs up better than the likes of currys in most cases
  22. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi vikster

I have ordered from John Lewis in store
    If the 3d in panny is similar to lg then I can keep the same set
    Hd in lg is comparable to panny?
    I tried to check reviews for the panny set and could not find one for 3d for panny compare to lg?
    Opinions?
  23. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    Ask if anyone in either owners thread has owned or seen both models. As before, I have no interest in 3d, never watched it so cannot answer, the review for the ET which I probably linked before should give feedback on 3d. The higher LGs review well for their 3d but let down elsewhere. The 620 is entry level
    JL have a good returns policy online and in store
  24. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,845
    That's me done now here :)
  25. shin25

shin25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Vikster for the prompt response.
    I have been trying to check this for some time in afternoon. Will probably walk up to JL and check the actual difference in 3D on both sets. There is a premium we pay for 3D else HD tv's without 3D are atleast couple of hundred quids less, so if am paying couple of hundred quids more for a 3D set, wanted to be sure I get that exp.
    Will post on what I see today at JL.

Cheers!!