1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 42LW450U - Sound Sync Issue

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by simonmg, Feb 8, 2012.

1. simonmg

simonmg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good afternoon all,

I brought the LG 42LW450U a couple of weeks ago after doing a lot of research on the net. For the first day or two I very happy with the product, the size of the screen and picture looked great. I had read that the sound on these new LED TV's wasn't great due to the screen being so thin, so I had already started looking at home cinema blu-ray players to solve the problem.

I decided to buy the Panasonic home cinema system SC-BTT362EBK, which to be fair is giving a really nice sound, and looks very smart.

The problem is after having the TV a day or two I started to notice that the sound wasn't syncing up with the picture quite right. On some channels it seems ok, but on others it obvious that something isn't quite right.

I've tried it with the sound through the Blu-ray players and direct through the TV, and the sync issue is still there, so I'm quite confident its not the Panasonic that is causing the issue.

My setup is a Sky HD box, then a HDMI cable to the panasonic blu-ray, then HDMI cable to the TV.

I have read on other posts that maybe the TV doesn't like the sound coming through the HDMI? and also others have said that the tv seems to take a long time processing the picture, so the sound comes through too quick causing the problem???

Either way its driving me crazy, and I'm just wondering if someone else has already had this problem and found a way to solve it ???

Any help would be really appreciated.
  2. simonmg

simonmg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to add - I've also read in a few places that an optical cable might be the answer. Connected directly from the Sky HD box - to the Panasonic Home cinema blu-ray player.

Anyone think this could be the solution I'm looking for? Or had this problem and had this fix it?
  3. GlennB

GlennB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have the same problem going to buy an optical lead and try, let u know how i get on, have you tried the audio setiings on the hd box they sometimes help.
  4. bdrizzle

bdrizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the 47 inch version but had same sound problem, the best way I found is to run optical cable from tv to surround sound. But still have some chanels out of sync so I re connect optical direct from vergin box.
  5. bdrizzle

bdrizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ForumRunner_20120225_193248.jpg