1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 42LN540V vs LG 42LN543V

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Saldawop, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Saldawop

Saldawop Active Member

Ratings:
    +634
    I know these two TVs are bargain basement TVs but can someone tell me the difference between the two?
    I was going to go for the 42LN540V from richer sounds for £350 , then I saw the ad for the 42LN543V from PC world for £280.
    A couple of weeks ago I bought the 32LN540V and am very happy with with it, so was happy to go with its bigger brother.
    Now on the PC world site it says the 42LN543V is 100hz, but when you go into the specs it says 50hz.
  2. PC1975

PC1975 Member

Ratings:
    +97
    Its 50Hz. Manufacturers have come up with names for their own processing modes such as Samsungs Clear Motion Rate where they claim to increase the performance but it isn't a true refresh rate.

This helps to explain:

Beware Of Phony LCD HDTV Refresh Rates | HD Guru

That Currys/PC World deal caught my eye too, it's a great price for what you're getting. I'd just go into the store and judge for yourself whether it's any good. If the picture is good then it seems like a steal.
  3. Saldawop

Saldawop Active Member

Ratings:
    +634
    OK, thanks. In that case, I have just looked at the specs of the 32 inch model that I have which says 100hz, but like the PCworld version when I look closer it says 50hz.
    So I assume, seeing as I am happy with the 32inch model, when watching sports ,playing games etc ,the 42 inch version will be fine?
  4. Deal

Deal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. vickster

vickster Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,821
    Cosmetics? Not able to do a side by side on the LG site? Or country differences as you have linked to Irish sites
  6. Deal

Deal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cant find 543 model on LG site
  7. PC1975

PC1975 Member

Ratings:
    +97
    I would assume so. The only real way to judge is to see it in motion for yourself so I'd go in and watch whatever they're showing on it and compare it to other models in the shop. At the end of the day if you're happy with it then that's what matters.
  8. PC1975

PC1975 Member

Ratings:
    +97
    If you look at the spec list it's actually listed as 50Hz. It is a 50Hz TV with LG's processing technology which they claim gives equivalent performance to 100Hz. But it's a 50 Hz TV. The quality of the panel is far more important anyway so as long as the picture is good the refresh rate is a secondary consideration.

Buy LG 42LN543V 42" Full HD LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys
  9. Deal

Deal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i a;ready have one 42LN578V which is also 100 Hz and there is no issue. Its amazing picture quality. I loves LG TVs
  10. MarkD28

MarkD28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, it is up there on the LG website, here's the link:
    LG 42LN543V Televisions - 42” LED TV WITH FREEVIEW Full HD, INTELLIGENT SENSOR AND HDMI CONNECTIVITY. - LG Electronics UK

I bought one from Currys on Boxing Day and have to say it's an absolute bargain. The handbook denotes that it's part of the LN54** family and all of these appear to have the same spec as far as the tech stuff at the back says. Picture quality is awesome and it has enough outputs to satisfy, a great price at £279!
  11. deanwray

deanwray Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I have to say... got the 543v and impressed at it even at the side of my more expensive Sammy... I would go as far to say that the pannel uniformity is better in my comparison.. I think the 543v has (or 2 that I purchased have..so safe bet) a dual tuner with unlisted freesat HD which is nice..being a developer and 3d effects artist who also does video grading I would say it doesn't have the lattitude of my Samsung.. but for most they would not notice in normal use .. 2 HDMI is OK... thumbs up from me ...bargain from curry's hence why I got 2 no question...oh and another 2 advantages... you will not find aanother 42 that weights this little..perfect for wall mounting...I can hold it at arms length easy...also full load is 52watts.. that's my experiences ...