LG 42LH30 - How to get Subtitle when play move file in USB hard drive?

bbandzz

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI, all
I just activated my 42lh30 to play movie, but I could not get the subtitle to work. Also, my tv can not recognize mkv file. All mkv files are missing from the file list. Only ts and avi files are showed up. Can anybody help me with that? :confused:

TIA!

Last edited:
Sorry, my bad.
The mkv file now showed up in movie list. I guess it did not show up because I had a bad file name for the mkv. However, the mkv playback is not stable. After a few minutes playing, the TV rebooted by itself!
Also, I still can not get the subtitle working. I already changed the subtitle's file name to the same as the movie file. Is there any button on the remote that I should press to enable the subtitle?
TIA!

After a few minutes playing, the TV rebooted by itself!

Possibly incompatible file (wrong encoding settings). Make sure your subtitle is exactly the same name as the movie file, with .srt as the extension & not part of the file name. It should work automatically, try test it on your pc with vlc media player first.

HI, all
I just activated my 42lh30 to play movie, but I could not get the subtitle to work. Also, my tv can not recognize mkv file. All mkv files are missing from the file list. Only ts and avi files are showed up. Can anybody help me with that? :confused:

TIA!

Hi,
Is there anyone knows how to active/enable the USB port of LG 42LH30 which is originally for service only to play JPEG/MP3 files? Thanks!
BTW, the following way doesn't work at all.
----------------------
1. Press the enter(OK) both on the remote and the TV at the same time...hold for about 5 seconds
2. Password - 0000
3. Go to tool option 3
4. Change Jpeg to 1
5. Change Divx to SD or HD
6. Exit and try it out.
You will notice that now there are 8 inputs in the option list instead of 6 - Including a USB input.
----------------------

just borrowed a philips universal remote and pair the remote with the TV and press "guide" button then input "0000" use the LG original remote. The service menue showed up immediately! After that, follow the rest steps which you already knew.
Hi,
Is there anyone knows how to active/enable the USB port of LG 42LH30 which is originally for service only to play JPEG/MP3 files? Thanks!
BTW, the following way doesn't work at all.
----------------------
1. Press the enter(OK) both on the remote and the TV at the same time...hold for about 5 seconds
2. Password - 0000
3. Go to tool option 3
4. Change Jpeg to 1
5. Change Divx to SD or HD
6. Exit and try it out.
You will notice that now there are 8 inputs in the option list instead of 6 - Including a USB input.
----------------------

just borrowed a philips universal remote and pair the remote with the TV and press "guide" button then input "0000" use the LG original remote. The service menue showed up immediately! After that, follow the rest steps which you already knew.

Thank you!:)
I will try to get a philips universal remote first and try it. Do I have to use a specific model of a philips universal remote or just any kind of philips/other brand universal remote?:confused:

You are welcome! I don't know the model which I used because I borrowed it from a friend. But it appears to be a cheap one which you can find in Walmart. I guess any kind of philips will be fine.
Thank you!:)
I will try to get a philips universal remote first and try it. Do I have to use a specific model of a philips universal remote or just any kind of philips/other brand universal remote?:confused:

You are welcome! I don't know the model which I used because I borrowed it from a friend. But it appears to be a cheap one which you can find in Walmart. I guess any kind of philips will be fine.

Hi!
I got it! It works! It's cool!:cool:
Thank you so much!:):thumbsup::clap:
Have a great day!:hiya:

Hello i have this tv and i would like to enable the usb port but i havent found any phillips remote near my location, i will buy one online, could you help me pick one on amazon that would work

thanks

Sorry, I really can not remember what the remote looks like. :( It's been a long time since I unlock my TV. You might want to ask Yamada.
Hello i have this tv and i would like to enable the usb port but i havent found any phillips remote near my location, i will buy one online, could you help me pick one on amazon that would work

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom