Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lg 3dtv colourbug user group! checkerboard and interleaved ghosting

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by mocca, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Hi,
    So this is becoming a problem the world over, anybody that has tested checkerboard for us has confirmed it has the colourbug. All reports have been from passive models so i got a lg pz550 plasma and that had the colourbug too which amazed me as it was active, so this bug goes through the whole range, it allso makes 2 of the 3d options the passives and 1 of the 3d options the actives are shipped with unusable.
    2 lg reps over the phone confirmed to me today they was aware of the colourbug and was trying to fix it, seeing as i was the first on the net to document the bug and to ask Shannon dowsing from Inition to forward all my findings to lg Korea which she helped with as i was getting nowhere back then on the phone to lg with my issue, Skyguy3d allso documented the bug a few month after me and then the people started to trickle in that had the bug.

I created a edid fix that got interleaved working with zero colourbug when i had a 47ld950 as this too had the bugs, this fix allso works for 2011 models but not with a pc label where as the ld950 worked with the edid mod and a pc label over hdmi for interleaved 3d, vga connection played interleaved with no issues on that ld950!
    Now 2011 450u vga connection has clear ghosting using interleaved caused by sharpness,vga has locked sharpness this connot be fixed.
    So problem has been worsened by new tv's, ld920 the first passive 3dtv had no issues with interleaved at all!
    Couple of links

My documentaion on a 2010 model.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1441680-c750-vs-ld950-gaming-user-review.html

Skyguy3d documention on 2011 models.
    Passive FPR 3D ghosting problems in Interlace and Checkerboard - AVS Forum

for some of us it's a joke as i have had 3 lg's that all had same issue, the issue is'nt with any of our sytems as they are all different and all exhibit the same colour ghosting.

What i'm talking about here is not crosstalk.

Thanks for any info a rep can give, i'd love to know why lg have the bug and nobody else does?

Here is what the colourbug looks like and you can see how my edid fix fixed the issue in interlaced 3d but this no longer works with 2011 models.

Both images taken through the lense of the 3d passive glasses with a ld950 2010.
    without fix
    [​IMG]

with fix
    [​IMG]

Subv3rse's results with a 2011 passive, notice how my fix did'nt work

This is BEFORE the EDID Fix, Interleaved (Reverse), Picture through left lens:

IMAG0003.jpg

This is AFTER the EDID Fix, Interleaved (Reverse), Picture through left lens:

IMAG0007.jpg

if i managed to fix the interlaced 3d issue on a ld950 by modifiying a edid extension bloc then that mean's that maybe lg has released some iffy edid's, if we knew what the issue was maybe the comunity could help in fixing this.
    This is a massive issue that is affecting a small minority, the problem lg have is that the minority is getting larger with each passing week.

Me and the world would be very gratefull of a response to this if possible.

Edit.
    I have included 2 3d images in the folowing link, 1 is interleaved 3d and the other is checkerboard, both these images are clean and produce no colourbug on none lg sets!
    This can be tested on a pc or any external media player that supports .png pictures.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/15731983-post44.html

Lg facebook page, i ask once in awhile
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/LGUK

********** MAJOR UPDATE 18/11/12 **********

Lg was going nowhere so i decided to get rid of lg alltogether as matters not what lg tv you have!!!

I moved to a TOSHIBA Regza 42VL863B 42" Full HD LED 3D TV that uses a lg panel, it is by far the better tv, by far!!!
    Interleaved now works with zero colourbugs, and as a added bonus the tosh response times for lag are crazy fast, they are at least half as fast with lag then any of the lg sets i've owned.

This is a warning to stay clear of lg 3dtv's, they ignored me for nearly a year and then released there new 980t with the colourbugs, lg will never fix this issue or it would of been fixed along time ago, if tosh can take lg's panel and make it work correctly then this says lg really are rubbish!

Link to proof of a working tosh with no colourbug!
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/15834649-post86.html

Edit 18/01/2012

There's possibly a bug in lg's firmware that benifits us, it works for me :)
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/16225121-post99.html
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  2. hughjass

hughjass Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Checkerboard?
  3. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Checkerboard and line interlaced are 2 of the 5 3d options that come with lg 3dtv's and sadly they do not work correctly but do on all other manufactuers tv's, apart from, toshiba and vizio who maybe get there parts from lg ?
  4. skyguy3d

skyguy3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, Skyguy here,

add me to list of people with interleave and checkerboard ghosting. The tv has colored ghosting that can be verified by running the second video clip and using the right eye lens to see which color that is not rejected through the lens by using my post here AVS Forum - View Single Post - Passive FPR 3D ghosting problems in Interlace and Checkerboard

Currently only the grey and green colors will pass the test. Red and blue fail during the checkerboard test.
  5. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Just tried my edid fix again and allthough it was miles better it still was'nt perfect so i had'nt bothered with changing any settings due to i'd done everything possible on the ld950 and nothing changed so i just tested, garbage and turned it off.

With the edid fix i now have nearly 100% working interleaved 3d , it's ahell of alot more usable than the quick test i done.

Pictures are through right lense of a passive set of glasses
    without fix, affects checkerboard and interlaced no matter what settings are changed.
    [​IMG]

Fixed interlaced with a modified edid with the extension bloc deleted, this then stops hdmi 1.4 frame packing from working as the edid no longer contains any hdmi 1.4 info., allso allthough the colour ghosting and clear ghosting has been fixed there is still more ghosting in interlaced than with sbs so there is still a problem.

[​IMG]

Fix for me to stop 99% of the clear ghosting was to rename my pc input from input to anything else and then pressing te avbutton on the controller until you have the game setting!
    This way of fixing it 100% never worked on the ld950, sadly though checkerboard still shows the colour bug!

I have 100% no colourbug in interleaved aswell as no clear shadows that replaced the colourbug!

So a test this morning showed that with the edid fix only i now have working interleaved with zero colourbug but checkerboard still persist.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  6. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    I could understand my fix only working for me when everybody has 2011 3dtv's and i had a 2010 but now i have a 2011 3dtv with the same bugs as a 2010 tv and my edid fix fixes these bugs allthough the newer tv did need 4 settings changed from stock.
    Now have interleaved working 100% with no colourbug and no clear ghosting but only with a modified edid, obviously for me a stock edid gives colourghosting.
    3d quality is now the same as all the other working 3d options, perfect.

The clear ghosting i was left with that only showed on somethings was fixed by using isf.expert and setting

H Sharpness 34
    V Sharpness 55

No other setting was changed, pc input was blank .My ld950 needed no settings changed to show perfect interleaved, this 42lw450u did!
    Try my settings if you cannot get rid of the ghosting, it has worked on 2 different models for me.

Needed

Edid fix ( but only if you have colour ghosting ) ,extension bloc has tobe deleted, install it, you will know if you are installing the inf correctly as it will ask for your permission as it's not a signed driver and your hdmi 1.4 won't work untill you de-install the monitor and then you can scan for new hardware and your hdmi 1.4 will be working again. It is better to make your own modified edid as you will still have some info left inside for your specific 3dtv, if you are finding it hard then just upload the edid and i'll do it for you.

Hdmi input name, leave blank or whatever, long as it's not on PC your ok.

Pick ISF expert mode in the tv's settings.

Change the sharpness settings on tv to
    H Sharpness 34
    V Sharpness 55

I'd love to see somebody post some pics up off perfect interleaved like i can, i'm starting to feel lonely :(

Perfect edid fixed interleaved with no clear ghosting or colourbugs, 100% happy with the image so for me it's fixed.
    [​IMG]

I'm allmost certain that lg released faulty edids as deleting the extension bloc from the edid that contains all the hdmi 1.4 info has interleaved working, maybe there are timings ect that just need tobe changed but this is way over my limited skills.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  7. skyguy3d

skyguy3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The last pic you posted shows no ghosting perfect quality:thumbsup: which is why I prefer passive to active. So you said that their are situations where some 3dtvs show ghosting a lot in dark areas? I remember you mentioned that. I know I have no ghosting in Sonic All Stars racing in the Haunted Mansion race level.

Why is my Passive 3D Gaming Guide link deleted from my signature? I'm not selling anything, just trying to bring 3d gaming in passive 3d...
  8. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Hi Dude that was releated to the crappy set i just returned which was a active. The lg pz550 showed lots of ghosting in dark areas, seen a few mates like it aswell but that pz550 was the worst of all, same scenes these passives plays perfect, dirt 3 nigt racing was awfull to play on that pz550 but is a delight to play with the lw450 :)
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  9. skyguy3d

skyguy3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello LG,

Here is the reason why Line-Interleaved and Checkerboard needs to get fixed for all of their passive tvs. Both those 3d modes are the only way to get a full 1920x1080 native pixel output without resizing or downsampling the 3D image and they both allow gamers to play at the maximum refresh rate of the tv which is 60 Hz. 60 frames per second right now is completely impossible within the realm of HDMI 1.4a bandwidth constraints without some kind of resampling like Side by Side and so therefore this mode for gaming is really only a bridge to the actual future which is true native res full pixel gaming. LG passive panel output 540 lines to each eye bypassing these restrictions and allows gamers to unlock the full potential of gaming for people now this means not having to wait for new HDMI standards to release, the technology is working and it would be performing excellent if not for this colored ghosting that is visible in interleaved and checkerboard.

In my eyes, Interleaved 3D is hands down the closest representation to a full native 1080 60Hz small monitor 3d lcd that does truly output 1080 lines. Since a passive 3d tv based on fpr shows lines for each eye at the same time, in this way it is superior to another method that has to show the frames in a alternating pattern. This means both eyes receive information at the same time for every millisecond that the tv shows an image to the users eyes, it is the most natural way of viewing 3D.

I know what I see and passive 3D has other advantages such as lower crosstalk but what very few ever mention is that brightness is never a problem with passive glasses. A great example is I can play 3D games in full daylight with the windows all shining through and the 3D effect is just as visible as it is a night with shutter glasses. It's very rare to see a 3d monitor to work in full bright environment with the sun shining on the monitor itself messing up the 3D perception. Passive works great for people that have open windows and the 3D perception is clear and visible and the image is just as easy to see with higher amounts of sunlight and the matte screen additionally helps in counteracting the reflective light.

LG, please fix these issues, they are very small issues and perhaps you can grow better and larger with the demand for 3D not only coming for film but gaming is a necessary factor to include in your growth as well.

This is Skyguy signing out....
  10. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    So nearly 7 days have passed with no good info from any lg rep.
    I would of thought somebody would of come along and said " do'nt worry we are fixing the issue " but alas it looks like we are dead in the water.
    6 month of my life i've wasted so far waiting for working checkerboard, it's beyond a joke now that the checkerboard colurbug still has'nt been fixed, 3 lg 3dtv's, 3 sets of colourbug.

I feel as if i have been robbed, why sell something that does'nt work, surely thats false advertising and if this is'nt fixed soon i will be escelating these issue's with my consumer direct and i'll be looking at a full refund from lg or a replacement set, but if i have to live for another 6 month with no checkerboard i'll be one unhappy bunny and that's a fact!

No way will i put up with paying for something that does'nt work again!

As i'm a normal person i have normal persons feelings and as such i'm deeply unhappy about this issue, if lg released a 3dtv with no checkerboard support i would of got a tv from a different manufactuer but as the tv's are released with checkerboard then i trusted in lg to play chackerboard with no colourbugs like the other manufactuers have!
    False advertising or shoddy shody 3d support, the issue affects me greatly lg.

I can never ever get the 6 months of my life back that i have lost to faulty checkerboard.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  11. zaphodalive

zaphodalive Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also experience severe colour ghosting when using a checkerboard input to the TV, and very slight clear ghosting when using an interleaved input after adjusting the sharpness settings.

The colour ghosting experienced while using checkerboard is definitely not typical crosstalk, as there is a huge bias toward red ghosting... blue and green colour ghosting is negligible by comparison.

For the expense of the technology (especially where I live in New Zealand), this needs to be addressed immediately. Some response from LG would be greatly appreciated.
  12. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    New Zealand eh, that's along way away, looks like where ever we are in the universe all us lg people are linked together by this terrible colourbug.

I too look forward to a public response.
    In 6 months time if this issue is'nt fixed i will be taking all my findings to watchdog/consumer direct as by then there will be a serious amount of people with this issue, well it's everybody that has a lg3dtv and which means this issue is big enough for Bbc's Watchdog!

Lg need to fix this now, if they can't fix it they could allways remove checkerboard from the 3d options but then that would make way for 1000's of returns!
    At least if they done that it would stop future generations of people from buying lg as they would just buy a set with working checkerboard from another manufactuer!

Edit

No, i allready gave lg 6 months of my life, i'd be stupid to let them string me along for another 6 month with no working checkerboard so i have just contacted consumer direct aswell as watchdog and provided video's, photo's and documentation of this terrible issue that is being ignored!

I gave lg the oppertunity to reply, i know there reps are in this forum but as we have had no contact from lg we are now left with no alternitive but to report you.

I would suggest everybody with the same issue allso report lg to the following, as nobody has ever seen checkerboard working i think we have good grounds for a story and maybe even a tv slot, just need more compliants and lets face it, everybody that has a lg 3dtv should complain.

Select house and home and then tv/video

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Consumer direct

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=572&frm=complainform&ri=SC&to=xml

Anybody overseas will need to contact the same type of orginisations possibly in there own country but i'm not sure on this, you may be able to use the uk orgs.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  13. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Just been in touch with lg again, what a bunch of jokers.
    In relation to them fixing the checkerboard issue...

They say they have never heard of it and again blamed my system, they said who ever i spoke to before said they was probly aware of the colourbug as they would of been reading my tech info but their techs or any lg reps say they have never heard of this issue, how hard can it be for them to plug a 3d pc into a 3dtv and then find away to fix the issue.

I was given a compliants email so now i'm complaining again, it's getting boring now!

cic.uk@lge.com
  14. darkseb88

darkseb88 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    there u go mocca, uploaded the picture (well didnt know how to include a picture str8 onto a page but manage to send it as an attachment) clearly showing the colour bug in assassin's creed brotherhood using tridef and interleave reverse.

Attached Files:

15. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    That's a bummer mate!
    Cmon lg, can you please fix your lack of sharpness settings in pc mode at 60hz as it makes interleaved have a terrible clear ghosting that is caused by sharpness, all it takes is to enable sharpness when input is named as pc, simples.
  16. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Things may be looking up, i've found a very special person that will look at lg's firmware and modify it to our own needs, firmware has been sent and should be back tome within a few days for testing as he will need to test on lg 3dtv's first.
    I should just return this tv and go for another manufactuer but considering lg have strung me along since my first passive then i'm inclined to stay put and see if this hack works and then blow a hole in lg's socks!
  17. darkseb88

darkseb88 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    hey mocca hows the modified firmware going? any news?
  18. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    No Mate, if lg just unlocked sharpness with pc settings i'd be happy.
    Your up and about early, just finished work i take it, lol i'm just awake for the fun of it!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  19. poor3d

poor3d New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm in the club too, just got a lg 550 passive and interleaved/checkerboard play awfull, the other 3d options work fine though, i do'nt get it, how can some 3d options work and some not, sold my 46c750 to get this 550, checkerboard worked fine on the sammy but not with this lg.
    Found loads of issues with lg colourbugs in 3d on the net which led me here and there.
    not long been off teh phone and lg say they have never heard of these issues and all 3d options should have the same quality, well i found a topic over at avsforum that says otherwise, from what i gather everybody that has a lg 3dtv have these issues, if that's correct then these 3dtv's are not fit for there purpose.
    I had heard of zero lag interleaved 3d gaming but there is lag in every mode but pc and pc has sharpness settings locked so i am stuck with a clear type of ghosting that makes teh picture unwatchable or i play with lag, and we cant play with lag.
    i'm going round my mates tonight that allso has a lg passive and i'm going to try out his pc on his tv, so if thats 2 different lg 3dtv's and 2 different pc's then it sure is a lg issue and i feel robbed, i've had this set over 30 days now and can't get a refund.
    Never in my life have a felt so ripped off with £800.
    @Mocca
    so your saying lg never fixed the 2010 ld950 colourbug? if so maybe that means they won't fix there 2011 sets either as i see you reported these bugs along time ago.

it's states in my manual that checkerboard ect is working with hdmi/pc input, but neither works for interleaved 3d, even the vga connection has'nt been calibrated correctly as interleaved has ghosting still.

I feel so mad i could put my foot through this tv, i have no money to buy another tv and i got this solely for no lag interleaved 3d and interleaved 3d does'nt even work.

it's took me a month after having the tv to get a working pc setup, if i'd of known about these issues before hand i'd never of gone lg!
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  20. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Gutted for you mate, lg really is stringing us along.
    Yes they never fixed there 1020 ld950 model, that was a right **** take, even more so after i found that the next 2 lg 3dtv's i had allso had colourbug in interleaved/checkerboard, i too had spent all my money and i feel robbed aswell, i'm disgusted at lg for ripping us off in such a way!
    I allso had a c750 but the 40" and that played checkerboard fine, it's well documented, none of lg's 3dtv's play checkerboard correctly and i believe some have had fixed firmware and they state game label has been fixed for lag, allso this label has sharpnesss ettings so you could have zero lag interleaved 3d gaming but sadly the no lag firmware was released in the usa and that type of region ages ago as all reports have been from none european 3dtv's., some say there is no lag on these tv's but i do'nt believe it for one second, the just must not be sensitive to it, i sure as hell am.
  21. jack616

jack616 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I've had no visible problems with mine either on the original firmware (manufactured april 2011) or on the new
    firmware I uploaded into it last week - this is a 42inch-650 model.
    I'm not interested in the 3D myself but I've watched a couple of movies in 3D and used it on 2d-3d to try it out
    and didnt see any issues.

How does it affect actual bluray playback/TVprogramming?
  22. skyguy3d

skyguy3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an idea, everyone that cannot change their sharpness setting on their lg tv in pc mode

1. List the name of your tv and model
    2. The firmware it is running on
    3. Video card and model
    4. Type of connection you are using

and post this in this colourbug thread.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    As this pertains to the passive lcds, I've made a passive 3d EDID thread where you can upload your EDID in the format as "name of firmware.inf" and I will add it to the database of all passive 3d screens.

Even if your model firmware is already listed on the thread, I recommend posting that you have such and such model anyways because I have greater plans on how to use this information.

Overtime, I may use this as a barometer to show to AMD and Nvidia that we are a large presence of users that are actively looking for the best 3D options available. And specifically for passive 3d gaming which is Interleaved 3D in 1080p at 60fps , then maybe we can get a great outcome for the future of 3D interchangability in general from shutter and passive or whatever floats your boat.

Here is the thread for the EDID passive thread.
    iZ3D :: View topic - Need EDIDs for these passive 3d LCDs
  23. skyguy3d

skyguy3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It doesn't affect casual 3d usage, it primarily affects 3d gaming in the present and the future.

Oh and mocca, I recommend keeping copies of all the LG TVs receipts you have bought in the recent months that have this colourbug and use this as your playing card to show LG they have wasted your time and effort trying to fix something that only an LG 3D engineer would have access to.
  24. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Hi,
    Unless you are pc gaming this does'nt affect you even though your tv will have the bugs you will not be using the 3d options that have the bugs, i take it you use sbs, over under and hdmi 1.4 framepacking?
    Do you use interleaved 3d or checkerboard? i take this will be no ,then you will never see the issues that are related to these 2 types of 3d.
    It's only when it comes to pc gaming that these bugs rear there ugly heads, manuals do state that checkerboard ect is available over hdmi yet it does'nt work and nobody has confirmed it working yet and thats alot of people.

Allso usa lg and uk lg 3dtv's have are different with interleaved 3d as usa 3dtv's do'nt need a edid with an extension bloc deleted to get interleaved working witout colourbug but european lg 3dtv's do need the modified edid, well thats what i gather from people stating they have no colourbug in interleaved without a modified edid as they have none european lg passives.

i'll nip over there in a mo skyguy3d and post my edid, thanks your time and effort in making a user data base.
  25. trigger25sg

trigger25sg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, add me in as well i have a LG 42 LW 5700 with exactly the same issue with interlaced colour bug and checkerboard just that i dun have to install any edid just by using the windows generic driver.

In my case only by game mode or blank with expert setting with v sharpness to 55 the interlaced is working without any colour bug but increase in input lag which makes it uncomfortable.

I called the lg service techs to come to my house and take a look. They said they will feedback to their engineers and ask me to give them 3 days for an answer.

I guess not much people reported this issue is because not many people are using the tv connected to their pc and another reason is they are using the tv 2d-3d conversion. I myself cant see any or visible ghosting with the tv 2d-3d conversion but the 3d quality is horrible compared to iz3d or tridef plus the stupid black borders put me off from using the tv 2d to 3d conversion.

I hate to resize the image to be able to play in 3d with the tv conversion everytime i play a game in 3d.

Just look at the odds here? how many ppl are actually using the tv with tridef or ized? From what i see is like less than 10 of us and maybe thats a reason why LG didnt take this colourbug in interleaved very seriously.

BTW i am from singapore and firmware 04.01.09 and the pc mode shapness is locked too. Kinda feel ****** off and robbed in a way.

If i knew this was gonna happen i d get 3 passive monitors and go eye infinity instead of a 3d tv.
  26. poor3d

poor3d New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so i tried my mates 450u using his pc and a amd6950 and that allso has the colourbug in interleaved and checkerboard, so i'm 2 for 2 at the moment.
    Maybe i should go back to the shop with a laptop and test checkerboard ect out on all there lg 3dtv's and then show them checkerboard woring on a sammy if they have one there with a sammy that has checkerboard.
    Lol i had to go round a friends of a friends to test this and he says his mates have also got lg passives so he'll get back to me when he's tested there's.
    I'm well peed off!
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  27. poor3d

poor3d New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had a message of my mates mate, he tested out checkerboard and interleaved 3d out on 2 of his friends passives and both have the colourbugs and both was using different pc/laptops, grrrrr!

They was using hdmi 1.4 framepacking and did'nt even know what checkerboard or interleaved 3d was haha
    So that's 4 for 4 for me so far with 4 different pc's/laptops.
    i have no asked to have this escalated with lg's management as i believe i was getting nowhere with customer services!
    @Mocca
    I have allso complianed to watchdog and forwarded the links to other people to do the same, watchdog this week had something or another on it and the thing only had 200 compliants, now every tv lg has sold has these issues then we need more people to test and then complian, we will get noticed if watchdog get on there case on tv.
  28. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Yes mate it is every 3dtv made by lg that has these bugs, i believe our guys over seas with ntsc models may not have the colourbug in interleaved, they have models like 5600 ect like you see here
    Televisions & 3D TVs by LG
    but everybody has the colourbug in checkerboard no matter where in the world there from.

Good work on sending your details to watchdog, i have done it but i do'nt know if anybody else has, lol we may only be the only that have complianed as i have had no confirmation of anybody else doing it.

There is a bug in the firmware ( only tested on a lw450u )that allows us to use a normal input label to change isf exert sharpness settings that carry over to pc label when you change the input name, this then gives you ghost free interleaved and zero lag but changing the av mode will then remove these carried over settings and you will be back to ghosting.
    This happened to me about 3 times i'd say and it has allso happened to another user but neither of us know what the catalyst is that starts the bug!
    So it is actually possible to have 100% working interleaved 3d in pc mode using game av but you have to jump through a few burning hoops and then stumble over the grenade pit, made it over a few times myself but then pressed the av button to get to GAME and lost the carried over settings!
    if your happy with the lag though you can just use a normal label and isf exert and the modified edid, i can't handle the lag so i just use sbs or framepacking and a pc label :(
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  29. mocca

mocca New Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Just got off the phone from lg, they stated it has been passed up the chain of command and have got an engineer going to call me tuesday for a home visit.
    I'll have to get the tea and biscuits out for him and put a nice hot water bottle under his chair, he needs to leave in a happy wondering mood.
  30. skyguy3d

skyguy3d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you are onto something about sharpness being carried over. I've been trying for weeks to find a good setting for game label with game mode working and never got good results compared to my settings in my passive guide so I never published the information but if the game mode setting is the one that resets the tv, maybe that's why I could never get good results in the first place.

It also probably explains why my 3d checkerboard sharpness setting in standard input with pc mode keeps the value correctly but when I switch to cinema and isf, the dreaded grey ghosting comes back full on. And I didn't understand why yet. I'll look into this some more.

The reason I was trying to find a game setting to work is because everyone here could not use sharpness so I was trying to see if it could get as good results with no lag but not yet.