1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 32Lv355u will it play mkv files from usb

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by clubb699, Feb 2, 2012.

1. clubb699

clubb699 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Before i purchase this tv i would like to know if it will play mkv films of my Usb, the specs say divx hd im getting confused because the tv specs on the shops website only saying divx hd and not divx hd plus? divx website says divx hd plus does play mkv, but does not clearly say if divx hd will also play mkv.

Thanks for your time all
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Member 300569

Member 300569 Member

Ratings:
    +634
  3. clubb699

clubb699 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks alot for that will have a look now :smashin:

Just looked and yes it plays MKV Wooop wooop
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  4. robroy

robroy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It should play MKV files, but LG tvs have a lot of limitations. At least, I'm a bit dissapointed to the media player. If MKV has internal subtitles or audio tracks, you cannot select what to show/play. TV always selects the first ones, and usually they are not the right ones. So often you end up listening some dubbed audio track in wrong language. LG also doesn't support DTS audio, so you cannot hear audio in many videos. Also some other audio formats have problems. These are some issues, you should consider.
  5. clubb699

clubb699 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Damn it i wish i read the post Robroy i have currently had the the Tv tonight and found out the damn audio is not working on playback, the picture is playing perfect though so im going to see if i can convert the audio on the films i have.

Please does Anyone know how to convert my current film sound files to one of these files

Audio format my TV will play : Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg,
    MP3, LPCM, HE-AAC, ADPCM, WMA
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012