1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 32LH2000 - Firmware and USB Port

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Major_Disaster, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Just purchased, after much deliberation, an LG 32LH2000. I really want to get films playing off my 16GB USB stick through the USB port. So first i wanted to make sure i have the latest firmware, i have v3.4. where do is the firmware download page?

Secondly, i cant get the USB to work. I cant access the service menu. It seems near on impossible to press OK on the remote and TV at the same time. If i just put the USB straight in the back of the TV, nothing happens - any ideas?

Cheers
  2. haseeb112

haseeb112 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats the exact same problem i am having, i tried to update the firmware whcihc when you have to press the number 9 seven times on the menue, but nothing happens? any ideas?
  3. Paddy C

Paddy C Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Follow these instructions to downgrade to 3.15, activate the USB Port and then upgrade to 3.40 again.

DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOUR FIRMWARE IS V3.47 or V3.48 - YOU CAN BRICK YOUR TV IF YOU DO!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  4. **MEL**

**MEL** Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, tried accessing the link above to activate the USB port in 32LH2000 T.V but it says its not valid. Can you set another one up?? :lease:

Thanks a mill
    Mel
  5. skycatcher

skycatcher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the same problem as you point out but the reason was I was entering the "options" menu. You must just place the curser (highlight) the option menu from the top level menu and then do the 7 x FAV button. The process then works as described. If you download the 3.15 s/w there is a ppt file that descibes how to do the upgrade.

Hope this helps
  6. haseeb112

haseeb112 Member

Ratings:
    +0

try this, i've cached the link,
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  7. claudiu022

claudiu022 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32LH2000, with FW 3.55
    Do you know if it's working to downgrade to 3.15, activate the USB Port and then upgrade back?
    I saw that for FW V3.47 or V3.48 it's not possible
    Thanks
  8. Hoofcake

Hoofcake Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just purchased the LG22LH for the bedroom, like many others I am trying to use to the USB port. My TV is running firmware V03.040.00

The link appears to missing on this thread with the instructions to enable it.

Help please.

Ta.
  9. trasgulug

trasgulug Member

Ratings:
    +2

Hi !!
    Yes Is possible.
    First downgrade to 3.15, it put the tv in 8bits, then upgrade to 3.47, 3.48 or 3.55.

Look at this, is in Spanish

Jaquear LG LH y LF para reproducir MKV a través del USB (1 de 63) @ ElOtroLado.net Off-Topic Electrónica de consumo

Remenber, only for compatible models and EU/UK models, and better if you do it with IR (you don´t have to do nothing with the firm.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  10. clearlyn

clearlyn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, I have just purchased an LG 32LH2000(E350 in dublin) on having read this posting.
    Can anybody point me in the right direction for a step by step guide that will allow me to enable the USB port for watching movies and view photos:lease::lease:
  11. claudiu022

claudiu022 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply!
    It worked just fine! First i did the downgrade to 3.15 and activate the usb then upgrade to 3.40. I tryed the 3.55 but I don't think it was the one for LH series and it didn't worked.
    If anybody has 3.55 compatible please attach it!
    Thanks again !!!
  12. trasgulug

trasgulug Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010