La liga returns

Woohoo!

Although I wasn't holding my breathe, terrible last 35 minutes for Osasuna.

Sure they're all easy games in Spain for Barca and Madrid.

They are. Let's be honest a group of 11 of us here could probably finish about 5th in La Liga.

Barcelona were just abysmal this evening.

If Real Madrid and Barca turn up then they should win bar freak occurrences. Simple really. Unless its against Valencia who can play well

They are.

Barcelona were just abysmal this evening.

If Real Madrid and Barca turn up then they should win bar freak occurrences. Simple really.

Thats nonsense I'm afraid. Could the same not be said about the EPL, or any league?

So what about the time Blackburn beat Utd. Were Utd great and Blackburn greater? Or were Utd just abysmal that night?

And to quote your last line, if Utd, City turn up they they should win bar freak occurrences?

jalaldevil said:
Of course we can Soundburst. AV United? :laugh:

I'll do nets or left back :):)

I've grown out of my purple Peter schmichael kit though :D

I only have a left foot. I can't even pass with the right one. But I seriously think we've a chance.

RMCF said:
Thats nonsense I'm afraid. Could the same not be said about the EPL, or any league?

So what about the time Blackburn beat Utd. Were Utd great and Blackburn greater? Or were Utd just abysmal that night?

And to quote your last line, if Utd, City turn up they they should win bar freak occurrences?

No way. Man United could lose against anyone from Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, fulham away, Newcastle Everton away, stoke away, wolves away, Sunderland, Liverpool. All those I wouldn't be surprised with a draw or loss.

Soundburst said:
No way. Man United could lose against anyone from Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, fulham away, Newcastle Everton away, stoke away, wolves away, Sunderland, Liverpool. All those I wouldn't be surprised with a draw or loss.

Well said

Messi struggles horrifically without Xavi and Iniesta.

Kind of like a dog who's hind legs aren't really working properly.

Man Utd: played 25, lost 3, drawn 4.
Man City: played 24, lost 3, drawn 3.
Barca: played 22, lost 2, drawn 6.
Madrid: played 21, lost 2, drawn 1.

Stats look pretty similar to me. No point listing off a pile of teams that Utd 'could' lose to when they generally don't.

You can have your opinions, but you can't argue with facts.

Last year ? Year before? Year before ?

2010-2011 Season

Man United : won 23 , drew 11 , lost 4

Barcelona : won 30 , drew 6 , lost 2

5th place in La Liga last season lost 14 games. That's 3 less than they won.

5th place in the EPL won 16 and lost 8.

Seriously....an AVF team wouldn't do much worse.

Year before 2009-2010 season

La Liga winners: Barca won 31, drew 6, lost 1

EPL winners: Chelsea won 27, drew 5, lost 6

Yeah ; Barca lose a lot usually...

Last edited:
Why not go back to the year that Arsenal lost 0, and we will say that the EPL has the worst example of a team being too good for everyone else.

Go back far enough and it shows that since the EPL started La Liga has had more different winners. Does this mean La Liga is more competitive?

Its ok to say that Barca and Madrid are comfortable in their leagues, but thats because they are so much richer than the rest. For me, the top teams in England are comfortable too. When was the last time Utd were sitting around 4 or 5th? Doesn't happen, they have the money and they are always at or near the top. In recent years the same can be said for Chelsea, and now City are going to be exactly the same. Spurs are getting competitive now, but that has only been since Harry arrived. And don't forget they have already got stuffed by the top 2 this season.

We will have to agree to disagree. If you want to believe that Wolves, Wigan, Bolton etc regularly take points/beat the big boys, then you believe that. IF it helps you believe that the league is, as Sky continue to tell you, the 'best league in the world' thats fine. Upsets happen in most leagues, but they happen less regularly that some care to think.

Soundburst said:
I'll do nets or left back :):)

I've grown out of my purple Peter schmichael kit though :D

I only have a left foot. I can't even pass with the right one. But I seriously think we've a chance.

Left foot / right foot, what's the difference? I stand on both so why not pass, shoot or cross with both? Can't believe so many people can't use both feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
RMCF said:
Why not go back to the year that Arsenal lost 0, and we will say that the EPL has the worst example of a team being too good for everyone else.

The year Arsenal were invincible : 12 teams took points off them. They dropped 24 points.

Last Barca dropped 18.

Incidentally the Arsenal invincible year was the last time La Liga was actually competitive. The year after it's been business as usual from then on.

Last edited:
Madrid levante should be a good game today

Madrid go 1-0 down...then CR7 scores a hat-trick

Goal machine!

Real go 10 clear of the ***** from Catalonia. Brilliant :)

Wow.

He has over taken his United goal tally in less games too.

He's amazing. Losing and dragging his team back from defeat with a hat trick. Games like this - down a goal - are just as important as every other game!

Real won this season pretty easy
Never doubted it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom