1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L.A. Noire - Play & Help Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Action & Adventure Games' started by TsaraBomba, May 19, 2011.

1. iluvmelmac

iluvmelmac Member

Ratings:
    +73
    All I can say is wow I'm loving this game. its amazing so atmospheric was almost put of by other people on here. but decided to rent it but its like playing a movie and like nothing iv ever played before.
  2. sdb123

sdb123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,237
    Yep. ;)
  3. meweavy

meweavy Active Member

Ratings:
    +489
    about 2 hours in now,and i can see why people are saying its slow and samey.
    it is a very slow paced game,im not sure how long the game actually is,but im 11% into the game already and on my 4 case.so its definately not as big as other rock star games.but im not sure how many side missions there are or whether they are all the same sort of missions tbh.

its pretty good and it looks amazing i think,but im not sure how long it will keep my attention for before i get bored tbh.
  4. SenseField

SenseField Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Completed traffic and homicide now.

Played 7hours today (shameful) but i'm enjoying the game.

The whole Homicide series is enjoyable yet absolutely stupid, given the way it ends.
  5. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +776
    Thanks for that. I'll check the outfit tab when I'm next on it. :smashin:

Aye, been living in Willenhall since I left the Manor Hospital sometime back in 1981. :D

Apart from the occasional slowdown when you're driving or running, I'm loving this game so far. Like someone else said earlier, L.A. Noire is a mix of Heavy Rain and Mafia. It does start off slowly with the first few cases but I presume the further you rank up the more difficult they become. And hopefully a bit more drawn out too because the first few missions didn't take very long to complete. I'm hopeless when it comes to the questioning, I can't tell who's talking out of their arse or telling the truth. :laugh:
  6. Flawed Tactics

Flawed Tactics Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Played this on my mates 360 last night for a while and have decided to wait for the price to drop before I buy.

I loved Mafia 2 because of the 40's/50's setting and it captured the era well, for some reason tho this didn't quite have the same effect for me.

I did enjoy what I played, finished the case with the blue car down by the railway, I had a *** moment at the amount of blood in the car :rotfl: compared to the amount on the weapon found a few yards away. :D

I think this is a defo purchase but just not now.
  7. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +776
    I noticed the amount of blood in the car as well. It looked like Leatherface had gone berserk with a chainsaw :laugh:
  8. jimjam11211

jimjam11211 Member

Ratings:
    +68
    The odd frame rate stutter at times but the game plays very well on the 360. Installed it and had it playing for four hours with no problems. Great game. :D
  9. jimjam11211

jimjam11211 Member

Ratings:
    +68
    That would have taken some cleaning to get those stains out lol :D
  10. jason g

jason g Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,255
    not started it yet, trying to finish off lego pirates first.

can u save at any point in the game or do u have to complete a case first?
  11. Se777eN

Se777eN Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,323
    got bored of this after 10 hours (on disc 2) find it very boring and slow just doing the same thing over and over.

:thumbsdow
  12. Robothamster

Robothamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,237
    Posted elsewhere yesterday, but applicable here:

Rockstar is really a family name for lots of smaller game studios,

Rockstar Leeds = Mobius Entertainment
    Rockstar Lincon = Tarantula Studios
    Rockstar New England = Mad Doc Software
    Rockstar North = DMA Design
    Rockstar San Diego = Angel Studios
    Rockstar Toronto = Take Two
    Rockstar Vancouver = Barking Dog Studios
    Rockstar Vienna = Neo Software

If behind the name you have separate studios, what makes GTA:Chinatown Wars (created by Mobius Entertainment, published by Rockstar) more of a 'Rockstar' game than L.A. Noire (created by Team Bondi, published by Rockstar)

Sent from phone
  13. Andy58

Andy58 Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    You can't save manually J, you have to progress a case/story to a new location, do a mini-mission that sort of thing. Its not been a problem for me so far as i've had to be dragged off it by my wife kicking and screaming. Each hour long case will typically have 5 or 6 locations so your progress is saved fairly regularly. Would still have liked to save anywhere though...
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. SenseField

SenseField Member

Ratings:
    +106
    For a rockstar game, this is really linear.
  15. Caskey

Caskey Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    I'm stumped on what to do. I'm on the golden butterfly case were I've to look around the school, and have no idea what I'm looking for.

Any help?
  16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,212
    Me too :D
    Or until it reaches that £17.95 price mark in about 2 months.
  17. KnightWolf

KnightWolf Member

Ratings:
    +18
    did you look in the boot of the car?
  18. kopchoir

kopchoir Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,867
    Yeah
    theres a guy outside after you find the bullets and the gun,says he saw the woman running back into the shop so you know she is lying.

Played a few hours yesterday and played a little at my mates the other day,before release i was hoping for 2 things.

First thing:Hoped it would be Nothing like RDR or GTA which is what i got.:thumbsup:

Second thing:I was hoping for was a game to rival Heavy Rain on the ps3 which i found utter stunning and utterly superb:thumbsup: unfortunately L.A Noire got nowhere near it.

It could of been so much better its a good game but you feel it could of been better.

Kop
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
  19. Anotherlimey

Anotherlimey Active Member

Ratings:
    +649
    Just logged on Xbox live to play this and there is a message from a AVF member from my friends list telling me the end of the game, as who is responsible, if he's trying to be funny i'm not laughing, friend removed!
  20. kopchoir

kopchoir Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,867
    Name and shame so if he is on my F/L i can get the wife to delete the messages:D
  21. Anotherlimey

Ratings:
    +649
    Starfleets, not seen him post on the forums lately but he used to alot.
  22. SenseField

SenseField Member

Ratings:
    +106
    That's a dick move. ^
  23. simpo

simpo Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Used to be on my friends list so I'll watch out :rolleyes:
  24. richp007

richp007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,124
    i'd be smashing things up if someone did that to me :mad: outrageous behaviour :thumbsdow

in terms of the game i still haven't picked it up yet, altho i don't think i can resist much longer :laugh:. it's just the freezing/overheating problems, and general lack of "wow" factor that has put me off so far :( i thought there would be a lot more buzz about the game if i'm honest. not just on here, but elsewhere on the net. but the excitement seems to have dwindled somewhat, and more people than i was hoping for have spoke of it getting monotonous in terms of it's ongoing gameplay :(.
  25. Caskey

Caskey Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    Ended up finding it last night. Had to end up turning back on clue hints.

I'm useless at getting any questions right in this. Seems like I'm not the only one though.
  26. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +776
    The problem with the questioning is how do you know if you've got them correct or not? I thought I'd done quite well on my last case, but according to the case report I got 1/9 correct. It's useless. I never know whether to say they're telling the truth or doubt what the suspect is saying. Accusing them of lying is always my last resort unless I've got some evidence to back it up, which isn't very often. Where's Columbo when you need him, lol.

Also trying to get all the clues is a pain as well. I've just done "The Red Lipstick Murder" case and managed to get 17/19 clues. I could've sworn I'd got every single one as I looked everywhere until the music stopped playing at every location. :confused:
  27. AVRocky

AVRocky Member

Ratings:
    +83
    It was a joke of a message I sent to a few playing the game. They then messaged me back if I was being serious, I said "no lol" and that was that. Was going to message the others to tell them it was a joke before you removed me from your FR.

FYI, I said "it was the asian guy!". It wasn't referring to the end of the game as there are dozens of criminals you put away throughout the game, I thought you'd presume it to relate to the case you were doi. No, there are no asian suspects in the game at all. I didn't expect you to be this upset regardless, so I apologise anyway. There is no way I'd spoil a game for anyone
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  28. AVRocky

AVRocky Member

Ratings:
    +83
    Each question is listed on your notepad as you are interviewing them. Do you notice how Cole puts a line through each one after he is done? There is an X beside it on the right if you get it wrong, and a tick if you got it correct.

In regards to how to distinguish between lying and doubting: the former is when you have information (evidence), from a clue or a testimony from another, that directly contradicts what they are saying. This is a Lie. If you suspect they are lying, from their facial expressions, but yet do not have any physical or testimony to prove they are, this is a Doubt.

There are walkthroughs for the game, that outline where each clue is and what the correct line of questioning is. Here is one
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  29. CJPowers81

CJPowers81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +776
    Ah, thanks for the help. That's cleared up everything I wanted to know. :smashin:
  30. Anotherlimey

Ratings:
    +649
    Ok fair enough, i was not online when the message was sent, so to log on today and see this message you may understand why i was not very happy, i am struggling already to enjoy the game and trying to get my moneys worth before i trade it for Dirt 3, when i thought you had spoilt the outcome i almost went and traded it today.