Koyaanisqatsi+Powaqqatsi Arrow Blu Ray.

I've got the Criterion releases and they look very good, but don't expect them to look anywhere near Baraka/Samsara which were shot in 70mm.

There's a fair bit of stock footage in Koyaanisqatsi as well, which is obviously pretty grainy.

Thanks lads a definite birthday present for me I think.

If any of the reviewers from AVF are looking in, any chance of reviewing these?

Time for the DVD double pack to go, its just a shame they have used the same format for the Blu's meaning no Naqoyqatsi shame, I will be picking these up when I get around to it & Philip Glass in HD 5.1 great stuff.

Naqoyqatsi is far weaker than the first two, so it's no great loss. It's very dated, utilising as it does so much naff digital imagery.

When Koyaanisqatsi was first shown on Channel 4 I rushed out and bought a HiFi Beta recorder. It was literally on the day. I got to the shop quite late but I was going to buy it on a good interest free hire purchase deal they had. It was getting too close to their closing time and their wasn't enough time to do the paper work but as a regular customer they let me take it away. No paper work or signatures required. I watched that recording so many times before I bought the NTSC LD then the PAL DVD. A decent BD would be brilliant.

Bri

Well, you're in luck, because Criterion's set is great and Arrow's is too.

Very pretty to look at but I kept falling asleep watching them and had to watch them in smaller chunks to get through them fully awake.

Regards

Mark

Naqoyqatsi is far weaker than the first two, so it's no great loss. It's very dated, utilising as it does so much naff digital imagery.
Perhaps/maybe but the soundtrack is really rather good Glass/Yo-Yo Ma & it is part of the The Qatsi "Trilogy".

Have you watched them now, tele? Wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on these. :)

Cheers!

Still not seen them yet would you believe. I am still going through my backlog of unwatched Blu's.

Still not seen them yet would you believe. I am still going through my backlog of unwatched Blu's.

Ah, ok. I look forward to any views you might express when you have seen them. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom