Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Kinect' for PCs being developed

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Hardware Forum' started by Simon Coates, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Simon Coates

Simon Coates Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Iamlegend911

Iamlegend911 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    yep noticed this a few days ago. tbh i think this should be kept to consoles
  3. xboxman

xboxman Member

Ratings:
    +9
    just out of interest why do you think that?

I have the kinect and its great, it would be great to bolt into my media centre so I do not need a remote control, not sure how they would stop animals/kids etc etc changing the channel or turning up the volume when they are running about.....
  4. JGreen7

JGreen7 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    If you scroll down this post you can see ASUS' PC Kinect in action.
    How Avatar Kinect Works

It's being developed with MotionSense who made the Kinect so they should both work in very similar ways.

EDIT - Microsoft are also adding Kinect support to Windows, eventually. Steve Ballmer said they're going to do it when the time is right.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. Aerial Man

Aerial Man Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Thing is, if you are sat at a PC Kinect is just going to be a PITA. May aswell just use the mouse and keyboard surely.

How will you stand 6-8ft away from your monitor and still be able to see whats on it ? Cannot see PC gamers wanting it because they play games with lots of keyboard and mouse action. For media PC's I can see a limited amount of use for it, but I think it would be a crazy move to market this product at PC users. They have not fully cracked the full potential for console games on it yet! and most people use a relatively small monitor with a PC which would seem to render the whole thing useless.

Smart move Microsoft lol. Spend time with the Xbox 360 games.

***Oh just realised it's Asus not Microsoft*** Don't waste your time Asus! People who play party games need accessible plug and play gaming, not modding and upgrading PC's lol
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  6. Sniper Ash6

Sniper Ash6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,607
    As posted in another thread, MS are doing it too:

Microsoft to release Kinect for Windows SDK this spring -- Engadget
  7. Gouge

Gouge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understoot that the Kinect Camera implemented by MS with a poorer quality one. Would people pay more fro a better piece of kit for PC?

G