Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard to use with Samsung Smart TV

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by brissle, Aug 21, 2012.

1. contenitore21

contenitore21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm searching for a keyboard more small
  2. av8shunmeckanec

av8shunmeckanec Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just to verify: I have a US UN60ES6500F and just purchased a Logitech K400. The Logitech K400 works flawlessly. Make sure to upgrade the tv firmware. The keyboard and track pad work well, but aren't the most responsive. I wouldn't expect too much from a tv but this works a bit better than any of the phone and tablet apps. The keyboard does not control the TV like a remote and will only control the SMART HUB but with the mouse you can 'click' on any of the 'remote buttons' with the mouse. BTW, I have the Android AND the Apple app. I like the Android app much better. It automatically changes to keyboard when text boxes are selected.

I previously tried to pair a bluetooth Motorola keyboard but it wouldn't pair. The keyboard was recognized by the tv but would not pair. It may be an older bluetooth technology. The TV keeps telling me to make sure its turned on. Oh well.

One thing that nobody has mentioned is the usb dongle. It needs to be plugged into the tv. The keyboard IS NOT BLUETOOTH!!! The keyboard/mouse combo appear as basically a WIRED combo. As soon as the dongle is plugged in it prompts you as to configure the keyboard.

For good reason the Samsung keyboard is on back order everywhere (dont buy it). The K400 is 1/3 the price and available everywhere. IMO the Logitech is the better choice. Samsung should stick to great TV's and stay away from keyboards.

Just my 2 cents/pence. ;)
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. jezzaron

jezzaron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the new samsung smart tv UE42F5500AKXXU and i also purchased the samsung mouse and keyboard all in one which specifacally states its for smart tvs
    But the keyboard doesnt work with the tv, so i called samsung and they advised the smart tv keyboard isnt compatible with the newer TVs so i purchased the logitech k400 and although the guy at curry and pc world said it wouldnt work properly, i still tried it and it works absolutly fine! I am extremly happy now :)
  4. mjvidify

mjvidify Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went through this very same thing with my UN60ES7100FXZA Samsung Smart TV. I am what you call money conscious and did not want to spend the $100 for a Samsung blue-tooth KB. I had bought an IR Logitech Keyboard and mouse combo sometime back and decided to try it out on the TV. Plugged in the IR dongle in one of the USB ports and low and behold it all works great. No muss no fuss. Works well with the browser, youtube, etc. Any app that brings up the on-screen keyboard it should work with. I think I paid around $25 for the pair.

Hope this helps all those who are looking for an inexpensive keyboard and mouse setup to work with your Smart TVs.
  5. bloodyhippy

bloodyhippy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've just ordered a Rii II (Touch N7) Mini Wireless Keyboard following reading up on this thread for my Samsung E6800. Hoping it works and its not too small

For those for those struggling with their keyboards working with Youtube on the TVs I used Imediashare app on my Galaxy S3. It was just over £3 and its brilliant. Its the solution I was looking for when clicking Youtube links on FB or searching music concerts. Not i can simple click the share button, click the share with Imediashare icon and its instantly on my TV screen. Saves having to go to the smart TV hub and do a repeat search.
  6. eezeekial

eezeekial Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I picked up the samsung keyboard a while back and it was complete garbage so I bought a K400r. I hooked it up to my computer just fine. When I plug the dongle into any usb port on my UN65ES6550 the tv recognizes it and I click OK. I cant get the mouse or touchpad to work in the SmartHub. When I go to device settings in the tv for the keyboard, nothing is there. And when I go to the mouse, it shows the logitech receiver. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.
  7. bigb

bigb Member

Ratings:
    +17
    did you manage to get the keyboard working with your tv?