1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood/Trio 7100 sound quality?

Discussion in 'Hi Fi Systems & Separates' started by antandshar, Mar 8, 2012.

1. antandshar

antandshar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have found A 70's Kenwood/Trio amp on ebay and wondered what the quality was like? Doeas anyone have any experience of this amp?
    KENWOOD / TRIO KA-7100 - TimeWarp Condition | eBay
    Would it be worth the price? I was looking at the Rotel RA-931 until i saw this one.
  2. johnnyfrisco

johnnyfrisco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Trio KA2000A from way back when [1973]... I bought it in Laskys, Tottenham Court Road, London. It's been my main amp ever since... 39 years and only now needing some treatment... started to produce low level white noise after about 20 minutes. However this amp [KA2000A], produces a very good sound... it's not "powerful" but more than makes up in sound quality... its sweet spot is about volume 2 to 3... more than ample for home listening. Basically I can recommend Trio, later Kenwood, based on this amp only! You should be able to find a Kenwood amp, used, around the £40-£60 mark... from reviews they seem excellent amps... Rotel is however well thought of in amplifiers.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012