Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood Stereo Intergrated Amplifier A-45

Discussion in 'Hi Fi Systems & Separates' started by Gamezvile, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Gamezvile

Gamezvile Member

Ratings:
    +10
  2. Andy98765

Andy98765 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,491
  3. Rich Marshall

Rich Marshall Active Member

Ratings:
    +477
    Yeah, your PC should have a headphone out or line out on the back. You need a cable with a headphone type connection on 1 end and stereo phono plugs on the other end.
    Same cable you would buy for connecting an MP3 player to a hifi.
    Plug it into any of the 'in' sockets on your amp.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
  4. Gamezvile

Gamezvile Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey thanks for the answers regarding my PC.

Im just wondering if i can also connect the amp to my tv, does anybody know if this is possible?? I have the sony kdl 32s300, the specs are here if needed. Sony KDL32S3000 - 32'' Widescreen Bravia HD Ready LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Also finally just curious to as how i could connect my iphone to it, could i just use the 3.55mm connection on the phone to the 3.55mm connection on the front of the amp using a cable like this, 3.5mm Mono Plug to Plug Lead > Maplin. and would i need this cable to be mono or stereo ? :S

Thanks for all the help!

Ethan
  5. BlueWizard

BlueWizard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,757
    I've got a Sony Bravia TV and I bought is specifically because it had Audio Out connections.

I also connect my computer to an standard stereo amp using a cable similar to what Andy98765 suggested. I'm more than satisfied with that.

I also have my TV connected to another stereo, and I just run common audio cables to connect the Audio Out of the TV to any of the TAPE/AUX/CD connections on the stereo amp.

Since I'm using stereo for TV, connecting to the Audio Out works for me because anything that goes into the TV (DVD player, broadcast TV, cable, etc...) come out those audio jacks.

If you TV doesn't specifically have Audio Out connectors, then you can break those connectors out of the SCART connector with a very cheap adapter.

Steve/bluewizard